Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1022746 times)

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #1425 on: May 10, 2013, 12:48:14 am »
well said Linda it,s nice to see the man back were he belongs, amongst friends.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1426 on: May 10, 2013, 09:51:40 am »
Yorkie you have missed a treat,its very nice,as for itg knocked down,like the Penmorfa,if Anwyl come along and offer you a substantial amount  i suppose you bite their hand off,its up to CCBC NOT TO GRANT planning.

Offline Ian48

« Reply #1427 on: May 10, 2013, 10:06:11 am »
If it's true, I am not sure if Conwy could really deny planning permission as I don't believe that area's in a protected hospitality area. If the planning committee were to stand against it, then they might lose on appeal again.

I get the impression from tripadvisor etc that The Lilly was praised for its lovely food, but people weren't too happy with the rooms and accommodation, so maybe they reckon it's best for them to play to their strengths and have a food and beverage offering only.

I haven't been in there for years and it's a fantastic spot, but I remember it being quite up hill, down dale inside. Like many of those hotels, converted from separate smaller villas, they are often not the best suited to modern hotel needs in terms of layout. Perhaps that's why we seen so many of them go over recent years, such as the Branksome, Sunnyside and the one just up from the Lilly towards the Gogarth Abbey (was it The Ravenhurst? that name rings a bell).

I do wonder why Anwyl would redevelop that though, when they've done nothing with the Gogarth Abbey, which is an even better spot, with potentially more lucrative returns on properties. Odd...

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1428 on: May 10, 2013, 12:31:44 pm »
Ijust read somewhere that Cambridge Mostyn did 350 covers on Saturday,now that ain;t bad,as we know they are not all down to the extravaganza,we will never know excactly how many where and if they did the same on the Sunday and Monday that is over a 1,000 covers for the event,im glad the cafes did well.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1429 on: May 10, 2013, 12:35:33 pm »
I was surprised to notice the Bengal Dynasty was closed on Monday.

On Sunday, they put out their A Board offering their usual Sunday Buffet until 8pm but later brought it in early and cancelled the buffet from 5pm onwards.

I suppose they may have their reasons.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1430 on: May 10, 2013, 12:36:12 pm »
If the rumour is true then I wonder if the Lilly will eventually move into our category of Local Eyesores.

Offline Ian48

« Reply #1431 on: May 10, 2013, 12:57:42 pm »
I'm very sorry I realise that I didn't mean to write 'Sunnyside Hotel' earlier, that's completely wrong. I've just realised that's the hotel opposite Fountains.  I meant the hotel further down West Parade that's recently been replaced by new housing. I think it was called 'Sunny' something. Apologies for any confusion.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1432 on: May 10, 2013, 01:26:03 pm »
Sunnymeade,run by a very christian lady.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1433 on: May 13, 2013, 04:26:12 pm »
The Gresham, in Upper Mostyn St, has recently re-branded itself as a Mediterranean Tapas bar, and is currently having the outside seating area remodelled.

Offline Yelboh

« Reply #1434 on: May 13, 2013, 08:53:43 pm »
Not sure the New Mediteranean Restaurant just a few doors up will be thrilled by the Gresham's new name!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1435 on: May 13, 2013, 09:48:19 pm »
Not sure the New Mediteranean Restaurant just a few doors up will be thrilled by the Gresham's new name!
Hmmm...good point!  ;D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1436 on: May 13, 2013, 09:49:10 pm »
Went past the Town House just now - closed and in darkness? Do they not open on Mondays now?

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1437 on: May 13, 2013, 10:38:25 pm »
   Went past just now? Half nine or thereabouts. Really, David, next thing you are going to be out and about at night club times

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1438 on: May 15, 2013, 08:49:41 am »
Work is progressing well on the former Fat Cat to transform it into the Lilly Bar & Grill. Shouldn't be too long until it's open.

https://www.facebook.com/thelillybarandgrill

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1439 on: May 15, 2013, 04:09:19 pm »
It would seem that the new leaseholders of the former Merrymoon shop are trying for a cafe after all. Odd, a friend of mine who enquired was told that Mostyn Estates would not permit it.