Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015349 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #915 on: May 13, 2012, 04:16:16 pm »
I see St. Davids are now marketing the old Burger King as a potential Coffee Lounge. £39,000 pax rent if you're interested...

Offline llandudnotrust

• Management board member
« Reply #916 on: May 13, 2012, 06:30:40 pm »
I am very pleased to say I had a first class meal upstairs at the Queen Vic last night. Steak pud was wow. Well done Carol and team.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #917 on: May 14, 2012, 09:38:11 pm »
Just been published on Washington Nights Facebook page :-

It's with deep regret that we have to inform you that The Washington Nights has ceased Trading as of Today; The building has recently been sold and we were going to continue to trade with a Lease in tact, however the new owners have proven extremely difficult to work with, cutting power illegally as well as other things, making our working lives unrealistic; Therefore we have had to make the sad and very hard decision of closing and leaving staff without a job last minute; This is not how we like to do business but have been left with no other options; We wanted all our loyal customers to hear the truth directly from us - and would like to say a BIG THANK YOU for you custom over the years; WE WILL MISS YOU!!!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #918 on: May 14, 2012, 09:47:31 pm »
Wow, that's a bit of a shocker but i did think it was odd the other day when they were having a lot of problems with their electricity supply.

Just had a new website done, too:
http://washingtonnightclub.co.uk/

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #919 on: May 14, 2012, 10:49:50 pm »
Tough time for the Washington's staff, as well, to lose their jobs at such short notice.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #920 on: May 15, 2012, 02:20:07 pm »
I'm told that the Washington building was recently sold lately, with the Leaseholders continuing to run the bar and nightclub. Last Friday, the Leaseholders turned up to find that the building's doors had been barred from the inside and the main electricity supply had been removed. Despite their best efforts, the Leaseholders were unable to reopen and so have vacated the premises. The new owners of the building wish to install an Indian Restaurant, apparently.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:45:08 am by DaveR »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #921 on: May 15, 2012, 06:44:04 pm »
Tough time for the Washington's staff, as well, to lose their jobs at such short notice.

It must be a tough job being a photographer Dave, don't know how you managed to keep the camera steady with that photo!      ;D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #922 on: May 15, 2012, 07:34:36 pm »
It must be a tough job being a photographer Dave, don't know how you managed to keep the camera steady with that photo!      ;D
That's not one of my photos, Hugo, although I have been in similar situations and the sad fact is you are too busy getting the photo right to appreciate what you are looking at.  ;D  :o

Offline Hugo

« Reply #923 on: May 15, 2012, 07:39:39 pm »
That's not one of my photos, Hugo, although I have been in similar situations and the sad fact is you are too busy getting the photo right to appreciate what you are looking at.  ;D  :o

I'll have to take your word for it Dave as I've never been that lucky.       :(

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #924 on: May 15, 2012, 09:29:05 pm »
Yeah whatever Dave  :roll:  :-*
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #925 on: May 15, 2012, 09:32:10 pm »
Yeah whatever Dave  :roll:  :-*
:laugh:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #926 on: May 16, 2012, 10:46:59 am »
I'm told that the Washington building was recently sold lately, with the Leaseholders continuing to run the bar and nightclub. Last Friday, the Leaseholders turned up to find that the building's doors had been barred from the inside and the main electricity supply had been removed. Despite their best efforts, the Leaseholders were unable to reopen and so have vacated the premises. The new owners of the building wish to install an Indian Restaurant, apparently.
I've since been told that the building's owners allegedly repossessed it due to non-payment of rent. That does make sense, as you cant just evict someone if they have a valid lease on a property and non-payment of rent is usually the only real reason a lease would be terminated.

Offline dingo20

Indian Takeaways
« Reply #927 on: May 16, 2012, 04:15:50 pm »
Does anyone know of a good Indian takeaway that will deliver in or around Llandudno?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #928 on: May 17, 2012, 09:32:53 am »
ONE of Llandudno’s best known nightspots has closed suddenly with the loss of more than 20 jobs.

The Washington Nights on East Parade has been bought from Punch Taverns by Fu Lee, owner of Fu’s Cantonese Restaurant in Caernarfon.

It’s unclear what the future of one of the town’s oldest and best known nightspots will be, as the current leaseholder Bijan Sharifian is seeking legal advice after claiming he was forced to cease trading last Friday night.

Mr Sharifian says the electricity was cut off, making it impossible to open. Up to £1,000 worth of food stored in the bar’s freezers was ruined because of the loss of power.

Mr Sharifian said: “We knew The Washington had been sold and we were negotiating with the new owner as we want to continue to run the venue as a nightspot.

“However, we are now having to get legal advice as the electricity was cut off making it impossible for us to trade.

“The building has been partly boarded up and we are being denied access, so at present I just don’t know how feasible it is for us to reopen.

He added: “If we don’t manage it then I’d like to say a big thank you to all the staff, and to all the people who have supported us over the years.”

Some observers believe that the closure of the nightclub will hit the local economy in the near future.

The general manager of the venue, Nicky Jones, said: “We are all really gutted as we’ve all lost our jobs, and it’s going to have a real knock-on effect for the town.

“Local suppliers, doormen, taxi drivers and DJs are all going to feel this, as well as our 20 staff, two of whom were disabled.

“We are still trying to find a way to pay the staff wages as we have lost so much money not being able to trade last weekend.

“We’ve had so many messages of support on Facebook because people are so upset at us having to close.”

David Harris, who worked at The Washington and who has special needs, said: “I waited outside The Washington all alone, it seemed like hours and I got upset and sad.

“I started crying and thought of the years I had been there, I loved working there.”

On Facebook there were dozens of comments. Holly Augood wrote: “Such a shame, The Wash will be missed by many.”

Christine Hughes said: “Gutted! Some amazing memories have been made at the Wash!

“Good luck to everyone for the future!”

Despite numerous attempts to contact Mr Fu Lee, he was unavailable for comment.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2012/05/17/llandudno-nightspot-the-washington-nights-closes-55578-30986406/

Offline hollins

« Reply #929 on: May 26, 2012, 06:26:07 pm »
We had lunch today at Tyddyn Llan in Llandrillo. For me this place serves the best food in Wales.
We have had many meals there in the past and not a single course has ever disappointed.
We prefer eating at lunch time which is lucky because on Friday and Saturday the set lunch is £19.50 for two courses and £25.50 for three. This is remarkable when you taste the food and the portions are quite hearty!
It is also a beautiful drive over there especially on a day like today.