Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1016428 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #510 on: September 09, 2011, 08:35:02 am »
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #511 on: September 09, 2011, 09:46:54 am »
TK Maxx is another fantastic store that would do well in Llandudno.

TK Max in Bangor is one of my favourite haunts....although saying that I haven't been for ages.  Some people are put off by the endless rails, not me I'll spend hrs in the place.  I think your right Fester a TK Max would do very well in Llandudno.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Trojan

« Reply #512 on: September 09, 2011, 11:39:34 am »
Spearmint Rhino? WWW

L0L L0L L0L

There's one near to where I live. I really would like to see something different in Llandudno.  8)

But having said that, the old abattoir may be an ideal place for an establishment of that kind.

However, locals may not be happy with a load of hanging meat in Builder Street again.  :-X

Offline Trojan

« Reply #513 on: September 09, 2011, 11:42:12 am »
IKEA! $good$

I like IKEA.  :)

I've never bought any furniture there. I just chow down on the Swedish meatballs in the restaurant.  $dins$

Offline Dave

« Reply #514 on: September 09, 2011, 02:42:46 pm »
I think there is an opportunity for a quality patisserie and coffee shop, something that makes you stop and drool in the window !
What's currently on offer doesn't come anywhere near there. Gingerbread men, iced currant buns and cakes with pink icing sugar and hundreds and thousands on them. Yuk, walk on by !

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #515 on: September 09, 2011, 04:22:42 pm »
I have nothing against table top dancing......no harm is done.  The problem with having such a premises in Llandudno is that most lads/men on the streets at night are local, can you imagine the problem the girlfriends/wives would have with their other half if they found out (and they would) they had been to such a venue.   :o  So I can't see it working, even if Mostyn Estates or the council agreed to the plans (which they most definitely wouldn't)  :-X
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #516 on: September 09, 2011, 06:34:18 pm »
 ;) Llandudno is the ideal location for a bettys like they have in Harrogate,class, i just can;t believe nobody has done such a classy cafe in town. ££$

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #517 on: September 09, 2011, 07:28:10 pm »
Hollins - there is already a Dash dept. within Clres in Llandudno

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #518 on: September 09, 2011, 08:03:42 pm »
Thanks for reminding me about that. I had forgotten.
I was just trying to think about DaveR's topic about which Chester businesses would be suitable in Llandudno. They are not my own choice of shops.
I was thinking:
Disney.......young ones
Primark.......teenage ones
Dash........ older ones etc!!!!!!

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #519 on: September 09, 2011, 08:08:22 pm »
I am however a huge fan of TK Maxx, Betty's and Waitrose.
What a combination.
I don't think I have ever been to a cafe anywhere that compares to Betty's.
I used to live near the Northallerton one.
I don't think they will ever move out of Yorkshire, more's the pity.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #520 on: September 09, 2011, 08:41:16 pm »
I have nothing against table top dancing......no harm is done.  The problem with having such a premises in Llandudno is that most lads/men on the streets at night are local, can you imagine the problem the girlfriends/wives would have with their other half if they found out (and they would) they had been to such a venue.   :o  So I can't see it working, even if Mostyn Estates or the council agreed to the plans (which they most definitely wouldn't)  :-X
Hmmm...

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #521 on: September 09, 2011, 09:29:45 pm »
I've just looked at the young lady in the previous post. Then I scrolled down into related topics. There were 4, and two of them the last post was put in by me.  No one write a word after me.  So, I presume, this means one of two things. If I write something on a subject, it is so brainsmashing that no one can follow it. Or ---- its so boring that no one can be bothered to carry on. With that in mind, as far as the young lady is concerned---no comment from me.   :-X :-X

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #522 on: September 09, 2011, 10:14:36 pm »
;) Llandudno is the ideal location for a bettys like they have in Harrogate,class, i just can;t believe nobody has done such a classy cafe in town. ££$

A pale imitation is Badger's, in the Victoria Centre.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline gunnerboy

« Reply #523 on: September 10, 2011, 04:15:34 pm »

A pale imitation is Badger's, in the Victoria Centre.

when barry m set up badgers many years ago he did appear to have on eye on the bettys york / harrogate set up
the said establishment appears to be a pale imitation nowdays since it changed hands a few years ago   

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #524 on: September 10, 2011, 04:23:29 pm »
Surely this is THE place in North Wales for Afternoon Tea?

Penmaenuchaf Hall - North Wales     
Penmaenpool, Dolgellau, Gwynedd, LL40 1YB

Penmaenuchaf Hall is a splendid country house built in 1860 as a summer and sporting residence by Bolton cotton magnate James Leigh Taylor, whose heraldic crest stands above the main entrance.

The public rooms have polished oak floors and panelling, sumptuous rugs, jugs of fresh flowers and blazing log fires.The hall nestles peacefully in the foothills of the Cader Idris mountains and enjoys fine views over the Mawddach Estuary.

It is an ideal venue for Afternoon Tea if you are touring the Snowdonia National Park or the attractions of North Wales.

Gift Vouchers
Afternoon Tea for Two, £29.00

Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero