Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015336 times)

Offline Trojan

Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #435 on: August 09, 2011, 12:08:09 pm »
Asda car park was still mainly empty just after 9 this morning and I could have parked anywhere at the Bog Island end of town.
Colwyn Bay was worse at 10.30am, very few stalls on the market( no plants which is what I went for) and even Morrisons ( got a couple of plants there) was quiet.
The proms in Colwyn, Rhos and Llandudno were all quiet.
Weather?---- Brr !

Maybe everyone has popped over to Liverpool for a spot of rioting?

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #436 on: August 09, 2011, 01:49:34 pm »
Trojan, you seem to be posting on UK time at the moment.  Have you got insomnia or should we say "Welcome Home"! 
 :)

Offline Trojan

« Reply #437 on: August 09, 2011, 02:01:56 pm »
Trojan, you seem to be posting on UK time at the moment.  Have you got insomnia or should we say "Welcome Home"! 
 :)

Insomnia Blodyn.  :weeping:

Funny, you're not the only person who thought I was home.  ;D

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #438 on: August 09, 2011, 02:08:00 pm »
Sorry to hear that, Trojan.   :(

Offline Trojan

« Reply #439 on: August 09, 2011, 02:14:57 pm »
Sorry to hear that, Trojan.   :(

Thanks Blodyn.

To make matters worse I'm an agnostic dyslexic insomniac.

I lie awake all night wondering if there really is a Dog.  :-X

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #440 on: August 09, 2011, 03:15:00 pm »
I'm an agnostic dyslexic insomniac.

I lie awake all night wondering if there really is a Dog.  :-X

You can be relied on to raise a smile!
 ;D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #441 on: August 09, 2011, 04:57:55 pm »
Work has started on the old Diskos shop today - don't know yet what it is going to be though.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #442 on: August 12, 2011, 09:28:20 am »
A little bit outside our area but...Marks & Spencers closing their Rhyl store will be devastating for the town. Listers have also pulled out.  :(

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #443 on: August 12, 2011, 09:30:52 am »
Just read that myself, most of the chains have gone -- Mothercare and the like. Soon there will be nothing--- Rhyl was a lovely place when I was a kid-- It's such a shame.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #444 on: August 12, 2011, 10:03:32 am »
that's a shame but both stores are much smaller than their Llandudno counterparts and don't have the space to display a full range of goods,  the food part of M&S often seems busy although come to think of it I haven't "popped into Rhyl" for a long long time.

My main purchases from M&S these days are online and few and far between, seem to have less spare cash than I used to!

Have found lately that  my supermarket shopping bills have risen in recent months and whereas I would spend maybe £25 in one go, it is now nearer £40 - and that's without Cashback! Maybe others have the same experience?

Offline hollins

« Reply #445 on: August 12, 2011, 10:12:25 am »
Yes, you are right!
I do my weekly shop in Asda and it used to be around £40, now it is £50-55 but I always put my receipt in to their price guarantee page the following morning. There is almost always a voucher for anything from £1 - £5 back.
It is amazing how it works it out when you consider all those till receipts they must generate.
If the fruit and veg buyer from Asda is reading this forum, I think you do an amazing job!
Bafore I came to this area I had an M&S and Waitrose close by but I had to abandon them and have found the fruit and veg in particular in Asda to be better and cheaper than both of them.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #446 on: August 12, 2011, 10:19:11 am »
You must have hit post at exactly the same time as I did Hollins. This has happened twice recently and my post has shot away into the wide blue yonder!.
Enough to say without typing the whole bloomin' lot out again that my post was on the same lines-- I too use the price guarantee and have had some very good coupons.
M&S Dine in for £10.00 can be lucrative if you pick and chose what you buy !

Offline hollins

« Reply #447 on: August 12, 2011, 10:41:45 am »
O'h dear, sorry about that. I hope it wasn't something I did.
I used to like the M&S £10 meal offer but I was put off this.
One day in M&S in Llandudno I was waiting to pay for food, huge queues!
I remembered I had forgotten to buy something. I could see what I wanted on a nearby shelf so I left my trolley and went over to get it. When I returned 30 seconds later my trolley had been moved to behind two elderly couples. I fumed behind them while I waited for them both to pay for two £10 meals each.
It has put me off them for good!

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #448 on: August 12, 2011, 10:44:07 am »
I currently use Quidco for any online shopping (You register and when you buy online you visit the same retailers as usual, but via a link on your chosen Quidco site. When you make a purchase, the retailer pays a commission to Quidco, who in turn gives you a cut of the money.) and have twice in the last couple of months had cashback paid into my bank amount. Some of the larger shops Tesco, B&Q and Argos (I think) are available.  Tesco's for instance pay up to 3% for some of their on-line shopping.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #449 on: August 12, 2011, 11:20:05 am »
Not a prob Hollins-- I know what you mean about M&S and it's queues. Grrr--it drives me nuts !