Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1016241 times)

Offline llandudnotrust

• Management board member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #390 on: July 14, 2011, 12:45:24 pm »
What about the old Burger King ?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #391 on: July 14, 2011, 01:00:20 pm »
Anyone else heard on the grapevine that Tesco have pulled out of the deal for Woollies old shop?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #392 on: July 14, 2011, 04:03:19 pm »
 8) Nothing would suprise us,if they ever wanted it in the first place.We can wish for the best town in the world, but as long as we are run by CCBC we have no chance. Z**

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #393 on: July 14, 2011, 08:37:04 pm »
Lot of work been going on in the Parade Pub on Church Walks this week, looks like they are refurbishing it all.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #394 on: July 14, 2011, 10:50:46 pm »
Anyone else heard on the grapevine that Tesco have pulled out of the deal for Woollies old shop?

If that IS the case, and Poundstretchers were gazumped (after putting up thier signage) then they deserve all they get!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Jack

« Reply #395 on: July 15, 2011, 04:26:05 pm »
The Craft shop has been "re-possessed" by Mostyn Estates like they did to the barbers in Brookes Street.  The wool shop has a sign that says due to a MOB (what's that?) they'll be closed re-opening at the beginning of July.
It's a shame as they worked really hard at getting it going and involving people.

The craft shop on Back Madoc Street is opening soon as a Hair/Beauty Salon.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #396 on: July 15, 2011, 08:30:23 pm »
The Craft shop has been "re-possessed" by Mostyn Estates like they did to the barbers in Brookes Street.  The wool shop has a sign that says due to a MOB (what's that?) they'll be closed re-opening at the beginning of July.
It's a shame as they worked really hard at getting it going and involving people.

The craft shop on Back Madoc Street is opening soon as a Hair/Beauty Salon.

Hair Salon.. Interested Fester? ;D

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #397 on: July 16, 2011, 07:41:37 am »
Wig shop maybe!    L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #398 on: July 16, 2011, 08:16:50 pm »
I will have you know that I spend HOURS getting my hair ready each day.... I just don't always take it out with me, thats all....!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #399 on: July 18, 2011, 12:29:48 pm »
Saw a notice in this weeks'NWWN re. a kebab shop at 133 Mostyn Street.  Is that Upper Mostyn Street?  They are seeking permission to remain open until 2.00 a.m.  What I want to know is what on earth is on in Llandudno to justify staying open that late?

Offline dwsi

« Reply #400 on: July 18, 2011, 07:12:05 pm »
Saw a notice in this weeks'NWWN re. a kebab shop at 133 Mostyn Street.  Is that Upper Mostyn Street?  They are seeking permission to remain open until 2.00 a.m.  What I want to know is what on earth is on in Llandudno to justify staying open that late?

133 Mostyn Street otherwise known as Upper Mostyn Street is Zak's Kebabs. Club 147 has now got a licence until 2am, that's the reason i think that's behind it.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #401 on: July 19, 2011, 10:47:46 pm »
All the various bars and fast food establishments in Upper Mostyn Street are currently engaged in a game of oneupmanship to try and stay open as late as possible.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #402 on: July 19, 2011, 10:49:31 pm »
When I was in Chester recently, I was surprised to see that their Fat Cat Cafe Bar was a very nondescript looking place, not the most impressive of venues and not in a great location either:

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #403 on: July 20, 2011, 07:23:24 am »
I used to work round the corner from there and have been in a few times.  They do good food quickly and seem to get a lot of lunchtime trade especially towards the end of the working week.  It's just up from the racecourse and you can't get near the place on race days.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #404 on: July 22, 2011, 05:05:04 pm »
An exciting meal out!
Last night the Mrs and I went to sample the Curry Night at The Mountain View in Mochdre which at £5.25 including a drink seemed like good value.  We have eaten here before and always had a good meal.
We arrived fairly early just before 6 p.m. and our drink order and food order take, both deciding to have a Jalfrezi.   We were told that it would be about 20 minutes as they had just had a large party in.  (8 people).  Apart from us there was another group of 4 already eating and a couple came in about 30 minutes after us.
We had our drinks and waited, and waited for just under an hour, at which time I decided we would leave.  Just as I went to the counter the meals came from the kitchen and I refused them.  The "manager" was somewhat upset and said that he had informed us of a wait.  I reminded him of what he actually said.  The party of 8 had been served 15 minutes previously.   I asked if he had a short order chef or just a cook - and he said that all the meals had to be microwaved and they only had three microwaves.  We left and were not charged for the drinks.

I wonder what they do when it's busy?   I withdraw previous comments on this Establishment.

We then just went into the Afon Conwy and were served within 15 minutes!  Good food and good value at 2 meals for £10.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero