Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015447 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #300 on: June 17, 2011, 08:06:09 pm »
Too late anyway as I have already spent this weeks allowance on a plastic clock in the shape of a gold elephant with butterflies for the hands!

:'(

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #301 on: June 17, 2011, 08:07:32 pm »
I will miss the "Wonderlandudno" sign. To my knowledge it was one of the first humourous titles around. Shops were almost always given the name of the owners, something like "nothing over 99p" unheard.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #302 on: June 17, 2011, 08:09:14 pm »
I agree, Mike, it was a great, memorable name. Maybe it will get reused by someone.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #303 on: June 17, 2011, 08:47:50 pm »
Too late anyway as I have already spent this weeks allowance on a plastic clock in the shape of a gold elephant with butterflies for the hands!

:'(

ha ha ....  L0L L0L _))* _))*

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #304 on: June 17, 2011, 09:01:36 pm »
It looked a little bit like this one but 10 times tackier:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #305 on: June 18, 2011, 07:45:44 am »
 :P Well i suppose today should be the Tesco debate,will it be good for Llandudno or not,oh yes i do have a view. This is just what the bottom [or top] end of town was looking for,someone to pull the punters to the bottom end and with the Clarence looking as if it may have been bought things may be on the up.Iread one comment,goodbye M +S ,why a Tesco express would affect them is beyond me ,also goodbye to the off-license,hello we ain;t got any,so its over to you. ZXZ

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #306 on: June 18, 2011, 08:18:29 am »
 One thing i forgot,at least the top half of the building will be painted with Tesco. D) ;)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #307 on: June 18, 2011, 08:59:06 am »
It certainly needs a paint! The good thing about Tesco is they will at least spend a decent sum of money on renovating the premises with a new shopfront and maybe even reglaze the canopy outside so it doesn't look so dark. I suspect the main business to be affected by their presence will be the Costcutter on Upper Mostyn Street.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #308 on: June 18, 2011, 11:24:43 am »
I will miss the "Wonderlandudno" sign. To my knowledge it was one of the first humourous titles around. Shops were almost always given the name of the owners, something like "nothing over 99p" unheard.
There's always "Craftland-udno"  ;D

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #309 on: June 18, 2011, 11:41:34 am »
It's good news as it might lead to re-vitalising that area.  the bad news is that tesco Express are expensive. It will be cheaper to go to the Junction.   :-[

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #310 on: June 18, 2011, 11:52:29 am »
my daughter reckoned there were 9 "Tesco's"  available to her on the walk back to her student accommodation near Moorfields Station from her Lecture halls near the Anglican Cathedral in Liverpool

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #311 on: June 18, 2011, 03:51:57 pm »
Walked past Craft Llandudno this pm and couldn't see the place for bedding plants !!

The knitting shop on the corner of Lloyd St and Madoc St has closed and so has the Craft Shop at the rear of Boots.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #312 on: June 18, 2011, 05:16:37 pm »
In the old, old days, shops were usually named after the building they were in, so Stafford House, Manchester House etc.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #313 on: June 18, 2011, 05:34:01 pm »
Apparently the Poundstretchers signs (that were only installed last week) were removed from the shop today.
Now you see them, now you don't...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #314 on: June 19, 2011, 12:37:02 am »
Walked past Craft Llandudno this pm and couldn't see the place for bedding plants !!

The knitting shop on the corner of Lloyd St and Madoc St has closed and so has the Craft Shop at the rear of Boots.

I didn't fancy the chances of that knittling wool shop lasting long, and sadly (and I mean sadly) I was right.

I was tipped off by ''he who knows all things'' to poosibly re-locate my shop to the Craft Shop behind Boots.
It is a nice shop, and the rent is cheap ... but the footfall is depressingly low.

So my search goes on...

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -