Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015352 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #3675 on: March 29, 2018, 07:16:43 pm »
I was back at the Toad in Colwyn Bay today and enjoyed the £6.00 lunch.   Mrs H and I had the stir fried chicken in ginger, garlic, mixed peppers and sweet chilli sauce with chips and wild rice and it was delicious.
I must have been concentrating too much on my food when I've been there previously but this time I did notice all the things that were shown in Hollins'  recent quiz question.      ;D 

Offline hollins

« Reply #3676 on: May 16, 2018, 04:01:35 pm »
After complaining that the menu at the skip didn't change often enough I think it is only fair to say that they now do a weekly changing lunch menu. Really good value at £16 for 2 courses and £20 for 3.
I have had two different ones now and both were excellent. Today's was crispy cod with spring greens and crab bisque followed by raspberry bakewell tart.
The new one starts each Monday.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #3677 on: May 21, 2018, 04:45:20 pm »
National chain Costa Coffee wants a new cafe on a Llandudno retail park.

Mostyn Champneys' owner Hercules Unit Trust(HUT) has submitted plans for a large Costa Coffee cafe close to TK Maxx.

The planning report claimed the cafe would not take away trade from other cafes and would instead meet 'latent demand' from shoppers using Mostyn Champneys.

Fast food chain McDonald’s has already been given the go-ahead to demolish its restaurant in in Mostyn Champneys and relocate to a new two storey site next to the Iceland store.

There are plans for another restaurant chain to come to the existing McDonald's site.  ref DP

Offline hollins

« Reply #3678 on: May 21, 2018, 05:42:38 pm »
This week's menu at the skip already tried and tested! Delicious and great value.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #3679 on: May 21, 2018, 08:52:16 pm »
This week's menu at the skip already tried and tested! Delicious and great value.

As you like fine dining Hollins, may I recommend: the Cae Mor Seafront Hotel Llandudno at 6 Penrhyn Crescent Llandudno LL30 1BA

An airy hotel offering fine dining with parking.

01492 878101
caemorhotel.co.uk
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3680 on: June 10, 2018, 06:28:12 pm »
We had Sunday lunch today at the Plas Maenan Hotel and it was the first time that we had been there since the new management took over.
We had a drink on the verandah first of all and enjoyed the panoramic views before the meal.   We both had Roast Beef and Cherry Trifle in the dining room and it was one of the nicest Sunday Lunches that we have ever had and the service was excellent too.
I can see us going back there again very soon

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3681 on: June 10, 2018, 07:09:13 pm »
It sounds lovely, Hugo.

Although, I must confess I had to google ‘crostinies’.  :)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3682 on: June 10, 2018, 09:28:25 pm »
Went to the beach cafe penrhyn bay yesterday family afternoon tea well recommend it , sit on one of the garden tables watch the world go by .

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3683 on: June 10, 2018, 10:29:49 pm »
Went to the beach cafe penrhyn bay yesterday family afternoon tea well recommend it , sit on one of the garden tables watch the world go by .

Mrs H went there last week with a friend and really enjoyed her meal and everyone I have spoken to who has been there said the same

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3684 on: June 12, 2018, 02:41:03 pm »

I’ve never heard of it, sounds like one to seek out!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3685 on: June 12, 2018, 02:45:01 pm »

I’ve never heard of it, sounds like one to seek out!

It's in Glan Y Mor road Fester opposite the breakwater.   I'm going to try it myself asap

Offline hollins

« Reply #3686 on: June 12, 2018, 04:18:57 pm »
I took my mum to the Dinorben Arms today. Another lovely meal.
Yes Hugo, the well is still there as is the original room at the back which I took a photo of for those of you who remember it in the old days.
The bar man told me it has been open now for one year and two months since the refurbishment..

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3687 on: June 12, 2018, 04:38:46 pm »
Thanks Hollins, you've brought some nice memories back to me about the place

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3688 on: June 30, 2018, 05:04:00 pm »
I went to the Beach Cafe in Penrhyn Bay for the first time this afternoon and had a delicious Tuna and cheese toastie and a pot of tea. The place is spotless and the staff excellent.
I had heard some very good reports about the place before and after going there today, I can see why it was so highly rated.     Next time I might have the afternoon tea just like my cousin Norman did recently, it sounds very tempting indeed.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3689 on: June 30, 2018, 10:41:37 pm »
Glad you enjoyed it fab weather to sit there taking the sites in , you won't be disappointed with the afternoon tea .