Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1015835 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2010, 03:35:54 pm »
Who are these costumers who were ill then?      )*)&   (Last paragraph)
*&( _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2010, 06:15:56 pm »
No excuse for poor hygiene in Badgers.... they are right at the top end of the pricing scale... they rake it in, and its very disappointing.

Orient Express Cafe is a different story,  I have a breakfast there which was utter garbage and I vowed not to go back,  But Mrs Fester wanted to try again, and sometime later we got a lunch there... it was even worse.  Nothing I hear about that place could surprise.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2010, 07:47:20 pm »
Orient Express Cafe is a different story,  I have a breakfast there which was utter garbage and I vowed not to go back,  But Mrs Fester wanted to try again, and sometime later we got a lunch there... it was even worse.  Nothing I hear about that place could surprise.
A friend of mine has said the same.  :(

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2010, 09:35:30 am »
Fester was saying that the Cross Keys pub in Madoc Street has already closed down (it was due to close in early January). Is trading really that bad?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2010, 12:05:28 pm »
  :(I would say that trade is very poor for all pubs but if you have nice food you can get bye.The wife and i went out two weeks ago on a saturday nite,we went to wethers ,Town House,Cross Keys and theKings Arms,all where quiet so if there is no trade on a Saturday nite there will be a lot more closing.The Kings Arms became very busy after eleven because loads of Motorhead fans came in from Venue Cymru Arena and so generated much needed trade,unfortunatly there are not enought gigs being put on by CCBC :rage:.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2010, 12:28:23 pm »
The Kings Head was pretty busy last night, I was surprised. Unless they were all there to see what the forum members looked like!  ;D :o 8)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2010, 03:16:45 pm »
I drove past the Orient Express yesterday and the place was lit up but I could not see if it was open for business or not.
Hope everything is sorted out soon  for the owner as I must admit that I do enjoy the magnificent 7 breakfast that they have there. At £4.75 it includes a cup of coffee too and is good value for money.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2010, 04:52:02 pm »
This is bad news about Badgers. Don't forget that at this moment they have only been charged------they have not been found guilty. I only hope it does'ent end up like a similar situation I knew about many,many years ago. There was a very well known and respected firm of family bakers in Mold with branches in Holywell, Flint and Prestatyn name of Hulsons. An elderly man in Mold died suddenly, I think he was in his late eightys, but because he was very fit and the death was very sudden, an inquest was held. In the inquest his Son gave evidence and he said "I went to see my Father on the morning of his death and he was just enjoying eating a large pork pie which he had purchased from Hulsons in the High Street. " The Coroner immediately adjourned the inquest so that Hulsons could, if they wished, attend or seek legal advice. It was headline news in all the local papers. From that day the very successful firm started to decline. Customers left in their droves, branches were gradually closed down, and, after being in business for very many years, after about three years they went bust. At the renewed inquest it was found that the old man had died of a heart attack. That never made the papers, it was'ent news. But the damage to Hulsons reputation had been done.  Mike

Yorkie

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2010, 05:02:10 pm »
It may be a shame but as they say in the Forces it's a "self inflicted" injury!     :weeping:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2010, 05:21:53 pm »
Orient Express is back open today.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2010, 04:48:02 pm »
That's good news Dave, I'll look forward to going there asap.    D)

Offline MrFalafel

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2010, 03:09:38 pm »
The Mail Coach in Conwy is now open! I noticed a few people inside and pints being consumed on Monday and Tuesday evening but haven't been in myself.

Anyone been in yet?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2010, 04:31:37 pm »
Not yet, but since Dave R and I popped into Coffi Conwy, I can't stay out of the place......those Paninis are top notch.  $dins$ $dins$

Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2010, 05:50:31 pm »
Not yet, but since Dave R and I popped into Coffi Conwy, I can't stay out of the place......those Paninis are top notch.  $dins$ $dins$
Try the Bacon & Brie Panini in the coffee shop above Waterstones - It's £5 something but is great!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2010, 07:07:26 pm »
Try the Bacon & Brie Panini in the coffee shop above Waterstones - It's £5 something but is great!

I intend to try the Brie and Bacon Panini...but in Coffi Conwy, tomorrow!    £3.85.   Irresitable.   $dins$ $dins$
Fester...