Author Topic: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways  (Read 1023471 times)

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Reply #3525 on: July 19, 2017, 11:35:37 am »
Fu is from Manchester and previously tried to get the Washington.

Fu's in Caernarfon is standard Chinese restaurant fayre. 
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #3526 on: July 19, 2017, 11:49:30 am »
I like East Cantonese Restaurant, have not been disappointed yet, both food and service, I find excellent.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3527 on: July 19, 2017, 12:15:40 pm »
Chinese restaurant plan for Rhos-on-Sea's Old Pump House
The former owner of the popular Fu's in Caernarfon is behind the application.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/chinese-restaurant-plan-rhos-seas-13351150

I would find it difficult eating in a restaurant that used to be a sewage works to be honest!
Valar Morghulis

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #3528 on: July 19, 2017, 02:44:01 pm »
Have you got inside information on that SDQ because I seem to remember what happened on the West Shore in the 1960's  on a flo tide  too.    :puke2:     

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3529 on: July 31, 2017, 05:56:47 pm »
Is it true that a planning application has been submitted to change the Listers shop in Gloddaeth Street into another restaurant?

Offline mondie

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3530 on: August 01, 2017, 12:38:09 pm »
Llandudno micro pub plan for cake shop
David Guinn wants the site to promote local ales and lagers from craft breweries in the area.

A mobile bar owner wants to open a micro pub in Llandudno.
David Guinn, who has been running Smooth Mobile Bars for weddings and parties, now wants to bring Tapps Micro Pub to the seaside town.
He says the pub would sell local ales and lagers with a focus on providing an outlet for micro breweries in the area.

Mr Guinn has submitted the pub plan for the site of a cake shop on Madoc Street.
In his application, he said: "At the forefront of my plans for Tapps is to provide a hub for locals and visitors to enjoy a wide array of local ales and lagers, primarily concentrating on local micro breweries and their products.
“Food will also be sourced from local producers, ideally within Snowdonia, as a low key addition to the ales.

“I feel this will offer Llandudno something different to all of the chain style pubs and nightclub venues in town.
“I want Tapps to be a respectable and enjoyable venue for all ages.”
The pub would create up to five full and part time roles.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/llandudno-micro-pub-plan-cake-13232011

I would be very excited if this gets off the ground, fingers crossed it does! They will certainly have our patronage.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3531 on: August 03, 2017, 08:54:26 am »
Had Sunday Lunch in the Albert again last week. Not the cheapest in town but always very tasty.  $good$

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #3532 on: August 03, 2017, 03:04:06 pm »
I can't believe you've never seen me in there DaveR, my regular!
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3533 on: August 03, 2017, 03:20:05 pm »
Doesn't the use of the word 'again' suggest that Dave has eaten there before?
 ?{}? ?{}?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3534 on: August 04, 2017, 03:55:07 pm »
Chinese restaurant plan for Rhos-on-Sea's Old Pump House
The former owner of the popular Fu's in Caernarfon is behind the application.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/chinese-restaurant-plan-rhos-seas-13351150

I would find it difficult eating in a restaurant that used to be a sewage works to be honest!

A new eatery in Yorkshire has just opened in the village where I lived.....in the old public toilets !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3535 on: August 04, 2017, 11:13:06 pm »
I'm hearing that The Royal Hotel has been acquired by the LC (Lawton Court) family, to turn it into a hotel and function rooms. 
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3536 on: August 05, 2017, 08:21:19 am »
I hope you are hearing right as the place has been a derelict mess for too long now.

Offline hollins

« Reply #3537 on: August 11, 2017, 06:57:48 pm »
The time has come the walrus said for Mr and Mrs Hollins to try Dylan's in LLandudno.
Finally braved it. I had been putting it off because I was desperate to avoid being disappointed.
The reviews have been so mixed but we were determined to go with an open mind.
We were greeted immediately and warmly but here came an initial disappointment which was that the upstairs isn't open at lunchtime on  Monday to Friday.
The staff were all very attentive possibly because I recognised that the owners were there. I realise now having just read Dave's posts that they must have been there for the Food Slam meeting.
At the end of our meal we went for a look around upstairs and the owners took the time to chat with us.
Back to the meal which was by the large window at the far end of the room downstairs.
I think we did a fair test of three courses each. Starters, octopus on foccacia and chicken skewers with pickled vegetables. Mains, seafood linguine and hake with leek and mustard sauce. Puddings, white chocolate mousse with raspberries and churros with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Some small criticisms of the food, linguine portion much smaller than at Menai Bridge, topping on hake a bit too salty for me and chocolate mousse too sweet.
I have never seen the interior before but I think they have done a great job. I loved the use of the Welsh double cloth fabrics for the upholstery and the lampshades. The fish water jugs were also attractive and unusual.
Pity we didn't get the upstairs view but the weather was so dull today it didn't matter so much.
Tom, I saw on your twitter page that you had been recently. How did you find it?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3538 on: August 12, 2017, 02:46:38 pm »
Looks somewhat quiet. ????

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #3539 on: August 12, 2017, 03:08:37 pm »
I thought it was good! I had low expectations following some very mixed reports but I enjoyed it, the whitebait starter was very good. It is pricey but you not paying for the food, you're paying to be in such a lovely space - that said I thought upstairs was quite loud, very echo-y. Nothing there to soak up all the chatter. Still, good to see it so busy. If it was 20% cheaper I'd be a regular customer I think, but alas...
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.