Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 636297 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Lidl
« Reply #1755 on: March 06, 2017, 03:51:36 pm »
I popped along to the Junction Labour Club this afternoon to view the plans.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1756 on: March 06, 2017, 04:09:43 pm »
Thanks for that Bri, there not messing around are they, thats quite an investment, looks well planned, have they created a new roundabout for the entrance ?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1757 on: March 06, 2017, 04:18:44 pm »
The entrance for the car park appears to be where the lay by is and opposite the football field.   Do you know what is happening to the Crosville club Bri?

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1758 on: March 06, 2017, 05:00:56 pm »
The entrance for the car park appears to be where the lay by is and opposite the football field.   Do you know what is happening to the Crosville club Bri?

Exiting there turning right will be a nightmare with it being so close to the roundabout and not very good sighting to the left. It would only be safe if they have traffic lights but then the main road could back up to the roundabout. I really can't see how this could pass the planning stage.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Bri Roberts

Lidl
« Reply #1759 on: March 06, 2017, 05:36:27 pm »
Hugo, would you believe the Crosville Club is staying where it is? 

It seems the existing bus stop opposite the football field is quite large so the main entrance/exit will be there.

SDQ, you have a valid point there about exiting and turning right.

The exit maybe too near the roundabout to introduce traffic lights.

The consultation is on until 7pm this evening, if anyone fancies dropping in.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1760 on: March 06, 2017, 06:52:29 pm »
Thanks Bri        Z**

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1761 on: March 07, 2017, 07:07:25 am »
Well it's not quite "paved paradise and put up a parking lot"... but it ain't far off.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1762 on: March 07, 2017, 11:57:01 am »
Interesting to see Trinity Mirror trying to put a spin on what is effectively further cutbacks by flogging off the current offices and leasing some cheaper ones in Colwyn Bay.  &shake&

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1763 on: March 07, 2017, 01:22:12 pm »
Without wanting to sound too much like a company man, the site in Junction is simply too large for us now, and that's no secret. 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1764 on: March 07, 2017, 01:23:46 pm »
Without wanting to sound too much like a company man, the site in Junction is simply too large for us now, and that's no secret.
Are the old NWWN printing presses still in place, Tom, or where they removed long ago?

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1765 on: March 07, 2017, 01:42:04 pm »
They have been removed as far as I'm aware. The paper is printed in Oldham now, has been for a few years.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1766 on: April 03, 2017, 04:16:51 pm »
Listers closing their Glodaeth St shop, in a couple months, moving into the existing Upper Mostyn St premises, plenty of bargains. 

Offline BMD

« Reply #1767 on: May 09, 2017, 05:34:00 pm »
I'm no fan of the LAETH Y LLAN (Village Dairy) yoghurts, which seem to be the main brand stocked by virtually every shop in North Wales (from supermarkets to garage mini-marts to farm shops) - they're bland, over-sweet and don't taste anything like yoghurt to me.

So it's good to see that Morrisons in Colwyn Bay have started stocking the far superior Longley Farm range. They're cheaper (34p) and actually taste like yoghurt. Typical ingredients list:

(Longley Farm Blackcurrant yoghurt - 150g pot):
YOGHURT
BLACKCURRANTS (8.0%)
UNREFINED FAIRTRADE CANE SUGAR

By comparison, typical ingredients list for LAETH Y LLAN (Village Dairy) yoghurts:

(Village Dairy Blackcurrant yoghurt - 125g pot):
YOGHURT
SUGAR
BLACKCURRANT FRUIT 4.5%
(SUGAR, BLACKCURRANTS, WATER,
MODIFIED MAIZE STARCH,
FLAVOURING,
CITRIC ACID,
POTASSIUM SORBATE)

I think Morrisons started just putting a few pots of Longley Farm on the shelves (possibly surplus from English stores), but people bought them, so they've become a regular (they're on the far right of the aisle). I'm all for stocking local manufacturers, as long as it doesn't create a monopoly of tasteless sugary starchy slop. Rant over - please feel free to remove if not appropriate ;)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1768 on: May 09, 2017, 08:05:59 pm »
The old Manor Fine Foods, or 'Bish Pots Pantry on St George's place closed down last month and has had loads of work going on inside.
All I can see is a very posh looking lighting rig, chandelier type things.
I've not seen a 'change of use' notice, but it doesn't look like a shop fitting going on.
Does anyone know what it's going to be next?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1769 on: May 09, 2017, 09:01:48 pm »
I'm no fan of the LAETH Y LLAN (Village Dairy) yoghurts, which seem to be the main brand stocked by virtually every shop in North Wales (from supermarkets to garage mini-marts to farm shops) - they're bland, over-sweet and don't taste anything like yoghurt to me.

So it's good to see that Morrisons in Colwyn Bay have started stocking the far superior Longley Farm range. They're cheaper (34p) and actually taste like yoghurt. Typical ingredients list:

(Longley Farm Blackcurrant yoghurt - 150g pot):
YOGHURT
BLACKCURRANTS (8.0%)
UNREFINED FAIRTRADE CANE SUGAR

By comparison, typical ingredients list for LAETH Y LLAN (Village Dairy) yoghurts:

(Village Dairy Blackcurrant yoghurt - 125g pot):
YOGHURT
SUGAR
BLACKCURRANT FRUIT 4.5%
(SUGAR, BLACKCURRANTS, WATER,
MODIFIED MAIZE STARCH,
FLAVOURING,
CITRIC ACID,
POTASSIUM SORBATE)

I think Morrisons started just putting a few pots of Longley Farm on the shelves (possibly surplus from English stores), but people bought them, so they've become a regular (they're on the far right of the aisle). I'm all for stocking local manufacturers, as long as it doesn't create a monopoly of tasteless sugary starchy slop. Rant over - please feel free to remove if not appropriate ;)

Of course it is good. It comes from Yorkshire...................Dickenson's of Holmfirth :D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.