Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 638426 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1740 on: February 17, 2017, 06:18:02 pm »
Butcher Tony Doyle's Quality Meats calls in liquidators
The company is one of the biggest butcher's in North Wales with mobile vans and shops.
Tony’s Meats Ltd, which trades as Tony Doyle's Quality Meats, runs around a dozen mobile meat trucks across the region with retail premises in Kinmel Bay and Llandudno.
But the company with its base at Tir Llwyd Industrial Estate, Kinmel Bay has called in liquidators.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/butcher-tony-doyles-quality-meats-12617726

Tony's Meats Ltd left £500K debt trail...but new firm buys assets from liquidator to keep meat trucks rolling
The new business will trade under a different name says liquidator

The list of creditors included HSBC and Barclays Bank and HM Revenue and Customs.
There were also dozens of businesses from North Wales and various parts of England that were owed money, ranging from £112,323 to AF Blackmore & Sons to £5,077 to Conwy Valley Meats Ltd.
The estimated total assets of Tony's Meats Ltd for preferential creditors totalled £19,674.

The new company that has bought the assets will continue to trade those assets said Mr Coleman. The Daily Post is unable to confirm the name of the new business at this time.

It is not known if Mr Doyle is involved in the running of the new business......  &shake&        &shake&        &shake&

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/tonys-meats-ltd-left-500k-12620654

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1741 on: February 25, 2017, 05:22:15 pm »
A new company has been set up from 14th Nov 2016  and is called Tony Doyle's Meats Ltd and the one director is ......  Tony Lee Doyle     

So no surprises there.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1742 on: February 25, 2017, 06:41:14 pm »
A new company has been set up from 14th Nov 2016  and is called Tony Doyle's Meats Ltd and the one director is ......  Tony Lee Doyle     
So no surprises there.

Its a disgrace I have never understood this legal loophole, ........ years ago I asked a builder to do some work for me, he explained he had declaired bankrupcy and had let his suppliers down, so I would have to buy the materials, we met at the trade counter, they welcomed him like an old friend and suggested he open a new account, as there was a free drill with all new accounts.  .?  He owed them in excess of 2000 which they would never see.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1743 on: February 25, 2017, 08:46:20 pm »
It seems from the reports that the new company was opened before the other company went into liquidation but there was nothing illegal in that.   It's similar to all those people involved in tax avoidance schemes, they have done nothing wrong in the eyes of the law but it does leave a bad taste in your mouth.
The report I read, also said that there were nine companies registered at the home address of the director.

Will anything ever get done about the abuse?  quite frankly the answer is no as the powers that be have got their noses in the trough too, like the previous Chancellor of the Exchequer whose firm allegedly avoided paying about £2M  in tax using these loopholes. 

Offline llewelyn

« Reply #1745 on: February 27, 2017, 09:01:44 pm »
Hope not Lidl not an asset to the area. !

Offline Moelycrio

« Reply #1746 on: February 27, 2017, 09:21:57 pm »
Hope not Lidl not an asset to the area. !
Why not? No worse than Asda thats already there. The refurbished one in Mold is really nice with its bakery area.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1747 on: February 28, 2017, 10:26:33 am »
Will parking not be an issue? The area always used to be rather congested and trying to get back out onto the main road can be awkward.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1748 on: February 28, 2017, 10:37:05 am »
Will parking not be an issue? The area always used to be rather congested and trying to get back out onto the main road can be awkward.

That's a very good point - supermarket traffic would cause chaos at the junction of Glan-y-Mor Road onto the A546 on that bend.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1749 on: February 28, 2017, 01:06:52 pm »
That bend can be dangerous at the best of times but could the old Conwy Road be reopened to allow traffic to flow to the mini roundabout near the Asda supermarket?

Offline DVT

« Reply #1750 on: February 28, 2017, 01:24:13 pm »
You might just get a low sports car under the bridge !

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1751 on: February 28, 2017, 03:50:48 pm »
You might just get a low sports car under the bridge !

I see what you mean DVT,   it shows that I haven't taken any notice of that bridge.     :-[

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1752 on: February 28, 2017, 05:03:07 pm »
I have had a look on google maps and I think if they are taking the old DP office, they could have an entrance exit direct onto the roundabout with a bit of planning ?

Offline Bri Roberts

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1754 on: March 05, 2017, 12:59:30 pm »
 ))*    I've posted  in the wrong topic