Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 636367 times)

Offline Greyhound

Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1590 on: March 29, 2016, 10:34:23 am »
Any inkling as to which unit this might be? It would have to be a larger one and I guess they would want a street front I would have thought. 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1591 on: March 29, 2016, 12:21:42 pm »
Any inkling as to which unit this might be? It would have to be a larger one and I guess they would want a street front I would have thought.
The proposal is for a maximum size of 2500sqm for food retail, which could potentially be 2 or more existing units combined. I don't think they have a specific unit(s) in mind yet.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1592 on: March 29, 2016, 04:15:02 pm »
They have applied to extend the libary in last weeks planning apps

Offline Greyhound

« Reply #1593 on: March 29, 2016, 05:16:12 pm »
I think that was a reference to the planning app from years ago when they extended the old library building into the Victoria Centre building, rather than a new part of the planning application.

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #1594 on: March 29, 2016, 07:24:42 pm »
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09569042/officers

Interesting that Mostyn Estates is in partnership with Taleight in Llandudno Holdings, owners of the Victoria Centre, Taleight being a local couple the Ormerods, a very well respected local family, these two owned Boots Hearing aids, sold out for millions and as nice a family as they have ever been.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Everything to do with Shops FOOD RECALL
« Reply #1595 on: March 30, 2016, 11:37:05 am »
North Wales Aldi,s withdraw 'dirty' biscuits.
Discount supermarket Aldi has withdrawn some of its biscuits range from its North Wales stores after they were found to have been made in a "dirty" factory.
The snacks have been pulled because of fears they had been contaminated by "pests".

The products, produced by Baketime Ltd, include Cheese Thins and Cheese Bakes, cheese, salt and vinegar and smoky bacon flavoured Oddbite packs and Ginger Nuts biscuits.
Also affected are Bestway’s Mini All Butter Shortbread, Mini Brownies, Mini Cheese Thins and Mini Choc Chip Cookies and Happy Shopper’s Cheese Thins, Fudge Brownies and Choc Chip Cookies.

LBV’s Potato Bakes Korma, Potato Bakes Mild Thai and Strawberry and Vanilla Biscotti may also be contaminated.
Anyone who has bought the snacks are urged not to eat them and to return them for a full refund.

The Food Standards Agency said: “Baketime Ltd is recalling various branded biscuit, snack and confectionery products on a precautionary basis as they have been manufactured in unhygienic conditions.
“These products are sold by Aldi, Asvina, Booker and LBV.
“All batches of the products listed below are being recalled as they may have been subject to pest contamination.

“Baketime Ltd is recalling the above products as a precautionary measure. They have provided all their customers with point-of-sale notices for display in stores.”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/north-wales-aldis-withdraw-dirty-11111861

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1596 on: March 31, 2016, 01:39:05 pm »
Johnsons the Dry Cleaners in Lloyd Street has closed down

Passed the shop yesterday ....sign in the window says....opening soon ......Acme Games.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1597 on: April 01, 2016, 04:49:54 pm »
I thought this an interesting development.       

Why Sainsbury's are buying Argos and what it will mean for the stores and staff

The Sainsbury's purchase of Argus has been agreed with owner Retail Group.
The £1.4bn deal will create a "multi-product, multi-channel" business with around 200 stores according to the retail giant.
The terms of the deal are expected to be completed in the third quarter of the year.
The company has previously said it could close a number of Argos stores and relocate them within its supermarkets if the deal was given the go-ahead.

Sainsbury's said while it would likely shut up to half of Argos stores, which have shop leases with less than five years to run, there would be an increase in the number of overall sites as it outlined aims to roll out concessions nationwide.

The supermarket has already been working in partnership with Home Retail Group with 10 Argos concessions in Sainsbury's stores as part of a trial.
Retail experts believe between 150 and 200 Argos stores could be impacted .

Last month chief executive Mike Coupe said the tie-up would forge "an industry-leading if not world-leading" network , offering more than 100,000 products across Argos and Sainsbury's stores.
Bryan Roberts, insight director at TCC Global, told Marketing Week in January that the merger is not risk free, but could see it being mutually beneficial: "Home Retail can offer Sainsbury’s its retail brands but also great product ranges.
"Stuff like Habitat would work nicely within Sainsbury’s stores while there will be seasonal opportunities when it comes to summer gardening and utilising Homebase ranges. Argos could also stock Sainsbury’s Tu clothing.
"In both directions there is a strong degree of mutual benefit."

When asked about Amazon, Sainbury's CEO Mike Coupe denied the merger would mean they were taking on the internet giant .
Talking to The Drum he said: "We’re not trying to take on Amazon. Customers expect to be able to buy offline and online. Amazon happens to do some of it, but not all of it.
"We would argue that this would give us a unique business in the UK, with over 2,000 shops which Amazon doesn’t have. Amazon are disruptive but not always successful. But they keep trying until they get it right."
Coupe said the combined entity would represent a £6bn non-food business, bigger than Amazon, John Lewis and M&S.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/sainsburys-buying-argos-what-mean-11123766

Offline SteveH

Re: Everything to do with Shops NEW CAFE
« Reply #1598 on: April 05, 2016, 03:03:59 pm »
Just passed Nigel Roberts Newsagents 6 vans outside, plenty of work going on, sign in window for Poco Coffee opening soon....interesting web site.

Richard and Angela Sutton founded Poco Coffee in 2012. We are both passionate about coffee and how coffee shops and the café culture have redefined social boundaries, attracting customers from the full spectrum of society. Poco (Spanish for small) aims to be a Quality alternative to some of the bigger brand high street Coffee/Café operators. We are looking to operate in locations where we can establish our brand at the heart of the community and build strong relationships with our shop customers and the wider community through active engagement and support for local causes.

We offer a traditional barista style Cafe experience. A full range of Coffees, iced and speciality teas, hot chocolate, smoothies and Frappes. Food includes, Freshly made sandwiches, Panini’s and Toasties, baked potatoes, soups and Stews, Plus a wide selection of both continental style pastries and traditional cakes.
We now serve a Full English Breakfast all day.

We use music and big visual impact via wall decoration to both relax and inspire our customers. We are offering an experience as much as a Latte. We are selling a mood change as much as a cappuccino. In relaxing comfortable surroundings we offer the half hour in your life that gives you the time to realise that life is good
MORE             http://www.pococoffee.co.uk/

Sorry maybe this should be under Cafes etc. ?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1599 on: April 05, 2016, 03:35:59 pm »
Poco (Spanish for small)

It's actually Italian, but I suppose the Spanish might have adopted it.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1600 on: April 05, 2016, 04:55:44 pm »
When I'm in Spain and they sell things in 4 sizes,  Grande (large obviously), Medio or Poco, (small)
There is also Pequena, (I think that's how it's spelt) for tiny!

I think they do it when I'm not in Spain too  ;D ;D
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Everything to do with Shops NEW CAFE
« Reply #1601 on: April 05, 2016, 05:51:58 pm »
Just passed Nigel Roberts Newsagents 6 vans outside, plenty of work going on, sign in window for Poco Coffee opening soon....interesting web site.

Yet another coffee shop, how  any does Llandudno need?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1602 on: April 05, 2016, 05:56:09 pm »
When I'm in Spain and they sell things in 4 sizes,  Grande (large obviously), Medio or Poco, (small)
There is also Pequena, (I think that's how it's spelt) for tiny!

I think they do it when I'm not in Spain too  ;D ;D

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1603 on: April 05, 2016, 06:03:15 pm »
Caramba ! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

Re: Everything to do with Shops ASDA/ALDI RECALL
« Reply #1604 on: April 14, 2016, 01:12:51 pm »
Fears Asda and Aldi rum could contain glass leads to North Wales recall
Bottles of rum are being recalled from two major supermarkets in North Wales due to fears they contain glass.
Glen Turner have issued a recall for dark and white rum products produced for Asda and Aldi, say the Food Standards Agency.

The firm say they have taken the step as a “precautionary measure” because the alcohol may contain small fragments of glass.
Anyone who has bought a bottle from the suspected problem batch is being urged to return it to the supermarket immediately.
“If you have bought one of the products listed, please return it to the store from where it was bought for a full refund.”
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/fears-asda-aldi-rum-could-11183936