Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 636367 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1440 on: June 18, 2015, 11:39:20 am »
Watch out folks !!!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1441 on: June 18, 2015, 10:32:40 pm »
hope that's not one up manship  Nem.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1442 on: June 20, 2015, 01:30:19 pm »
Really Snowcap ! :o What I can't buy locally I do without! Just used Asda online after my short visit to Glan Clwyd..............a very hectic experience ! Back to pushing the trolly next week .

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1443 on: June 30, 2015, 12:28:44 pm »
B&Q stores in Llandudno, Bangor, Wrexham and Rhyl are safe - for now]

DIY giant B&Q has revealed that the future of four of its North Wales stores are safe - for now.
Parent company Kingfisher, which also owns Screwfix, announced in March it was to cut as many as 60 stores in the UK.

This put the future of stores in Bangor, Llandudno, Rhyl, Queensferry and Wrexham in doubt.
In April they confirmed that the store in Queensferry would close but remained tight lipped on the future of the other outlets, which employ around 200 staff.

Now they say the stores are not planned for closure in this financial year.
A B&Q spokeswoman said: “Staff at the Rhyl, Llandudno, Bangor and Wrexham stores have been told that their store is not a store planned for closure this financial year.”

There was no further information beyond those dates and B&Q said in March that the cuts will take place over two years.
The closure of the Queensferry store on Deeside Retail Park will affect around 40 workers.
It will take place next year and B&Q have said they will try to re-deploy as many staff as possible.

Last year, rival DIY chain Homebase said it would close a quarter of its stores - about 80 outlets - in the period up to early 2018.
This has included the Holyhead store and the shop at Llandudno is also due to close with plans to replace it with a B&M store.
Kingfisher said it expects to offset the B&Q jobs impact by opening a similar number of shops at sister business Screwfix and through redeployment.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/bq-stores-llandudno-bangor-wrexham-9554680

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: ASDA
« Reply #1444 on: July 07, 2015, 08:35:44 am »
ASDA Price Guarantee

I'm sure almost everyone knows about the ASDA scheme, whereby if you enter the 20 digit code on your receipt into an online Asda price checking site you stand to get a tiny discount voucher for your next Asda shop.

ASDA changed the scheme a few months back, and for a while we were getting nothing.  Apparently, our shopping at ASDA was 'always' at least 10% cheaper than the other big supermarkets. What made this odd, however, was that almost every week we'd been getting a voucher, the average price on which was £1.50. We always assumed that it was simply a way of ASDA giving a 5 - 10% discount, which costs them very little. Following the change on the web site, however, we got nowt for several weeks, to the point where we weren't bothering any more.

Abruptly, last week it proclaimed "That's unusual! your shopping wasn't 10% cheaper!" and spat out a voucher in the region of our previous average value.  Now, we never throw receipts away before 6 years has elapsed (Sale of Goods Act, etc) so I put though three more and sure enough a total discount of almost £5.00 appeared. Not a lot, I know, but ASDA is pretty good value, anyway, so every little...

If you're someone who hasn't ever tried it, the site's here:

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1445 on: July 07, 2015, 08:39:48 am »
Don't know if it's been mentioned already on here, but the Carphone Warehouse shop on the Retail Park (by Costa) has closed down and moved into Currys/PC World.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1446 on: July 07, 2015, 03:56:33 pm »
Yes but I cannot see a TO LET sign yet.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1447 on: July 07, 2015, 06:25:24 pm »
Is there a to let sign in the old Bank shop Bri

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #1448 on: July 07, 2015, 09:57:18 pm »
I was told by staff from Carphone Warehouse that there hanging on to the old shop for a few months in case the move doesn't  work out.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1449 on: July 08, 2015, 05:44:24 pm »
PRICE SLASH: Asda is to slash the price of diesel by up to 2p tomorrow and announces drivers will pay no more than 114.7ppl across all its 272 UK filling stations

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1450 on: July 08, 2015, 07:57:29 pm »
Wow Steve ,few months ago the oil price fell  they all cut the price of fuel £1.04 they said it should have gone to less than a pound ,noticed how it crept up back to £1.14 the oil price hasn,t shot up again .

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1451 on: July 08, 2015, 08:28:03 pm »
Wow Steve ,few months ago the oil price fell  they all cut the price of fuel £1.04 they said it should have gone to less than a pound ,noticed how it crept up back to £1.14 the oil price hasn,t shot up again .
I don't use a lot of fuel, and I am not up on prices, I thought it might be good news when I posted..... :(

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1452 on: July 11, 2015, 07:39:10 am »
just looking at a map of Mostyn champneys and the empty Dreams unit says a new retailer coming soon,Tkmakk is on there so its not an old one,keep fingers crossed.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1453 on: July 11, 2015, 07:51:00 am »
It has been saying that for years.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1454 on: July 11, 2015, 09:36:11 am »
The new Hope House shop opened yesterday.