Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 636309 times)

Offline Yelboh

Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1260 on: August 16, 2014, 12:53:43 pm »
Interesting reading on the Internet shows that the Range is actively looking at Homebase sites.  They are retail park outlets, so they could be behind any proposed closure.  B&M are traditionally, but not exclusively, high street.  In the current climate though who knows!  Let's just keep our fingers crossed for the workers though.  It will be an incredibly difficult time for them currently.    ££$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1261 on: August 16, 2014, 01:38:21 pm »
Lets hope Primark are given a look

Offline Yelboh

« Reply #1262 on: August 16, 2014, 04:24:14 pm »
Just thinking Wrex whether Primark ever open on retail parks.  I can only recollect high st locations.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1263 on: August 16, 2014, 05:15:01 pm »
I think B&M already sorted

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1264 on: August 16, 2014, 07:54:59 pm »
B&M are pretty low end consumables....  but quite an interesting addition.

The Range, though similar in terms of price points, have a sizeable range of furniture.   Reasonable quality too.
I would prefer The Range, as many people on a budget in this area could easily furnish an entire house or flat from The Range.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1265 on: August 17, 2014, 08:41:40 am »
There are pleny of bargains in our present shops.  We needed a storage unit to replace one that had seen better days, and last week dropped into Crest at Mostyn Broadway.  We found a superb storage and display unit with nice glass doors and even a writing slope when the RH door is let down.  It was as clean as a whistle and only had one small mark that will polish out.  Don't all rush but it cost me £22.50 delivered!   Now show me a better bargain than that?   It will certainly serve us well until we move into a smaller place.    ZXZ

Forgot to mention, I did have to haggle the price down!
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1266 on: August 17, 2014, 06:01:20 pm »
Just back from trip to Bangor, visited B&M first time, speaking to one of the staff, let slip "they hoped to get a transfer to the new Llandudno shop"  ??????? &shake&

Offline Dave

« Reply #1267 on: August 18, 2014, 10:30:32 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-28825599

Homebase might shut in Llandudno.... a surprise ? Maybe not.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1268 on: August 19, 2014, 07:38:21 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-28825599

Homebase might shut in Llandudno.... a surprise ? Maybe not.

Home Retail Group are undertaking a big change with lots of Homebase Stores changing.   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1269 on: August 19, 2014, 01:31:32 pm »
Just back from trip to Bangor, visited B&M first time, speaking to one of the staff, let slip "they hoped to get a transfer to the new Llandudno shop"  ??????? &shake&

Just back from Rhyl ( Agggh) and B&M. needed new cushions for the bases of some bedroom chairs. £48.00s worth for £16.00. Excellent value for what I needed. Bag of Shapes dog biscuits £1.00 cheaper than I usually pay. Who can grumble ?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1270 on: August 19, 2014, 06:30:08 pm »
Perfect Dreams from Colwyn Bay  are going in Hoosons
Just heard, they hope by end of Oct.  bedroom furniture and beds only.

While in the Bay, we passed another bed shop   Caro-Maria heard a lot on the net, but knew little about them, not anymore, not a fancy place but, excellent staff, Vince spent over two hours demonstrating and explaining everything we needed to know.
We had gone out to buy new beds and had seen what we wanted, and knew the price, we ended up with a deal less than half of what we expected to pay,     top quality named brands and delivered C.O.D.
One happy chappie, def. recommend a visit if your on the lookout for beds.     :laugh:      :laugh:

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #1271 on: August 21, 2014, 02:02:06 pm »
Perfect Dreams from Colwyn Bay  are going in Hoosons
Just heard, they hope by end of Oct.  bedroom furniture and beds only.
While in the Bay, we passed another bed shop   Caro-Maria heard a lot on the net, but knew little about them, not anymore, not a fancy place but, excellent staff, Vince spent over two hours demonstrating and explaining everything we needed to know.
We had gone out to buy new beds and had seen what we wanted, and knew the price, we ended up with a deal less than half of what we expected to pay,     top quality named brands and delivered C.O.D.
One happy chappie, def. recommend a visit if your on the lookout for beds.     :laugh:      :laugh:

I've walked past Caro Marie loads of time during my lunch hour and it never looks like it's open.  I guess either the lighting is so dim that it looks like the shop is closed when it isn't or they close over lunch.  Not that it matters because I haven't been looking to buy a bed anytime recently.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1272 on: August 23, 2014, 09:10:00 pm »
If you watch any commercial TV, especially over a Bank Holiday, you would think no one bought anything but sofas. It's every other advert. Hate to say this, but one of ours is over 30 years old. !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1273 on: August 23, 2014, 09:18:49 pm »
If you watch any commercial TV, especially over a Bank Holiday, you would think no one bought anything but sofas. It's every other advert. Hate to say this, but one of ours is over 30 years old. !

They were better made back then Nem.
Any you buy today wouldn't look as good after 30 DAYS!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
« Reply #1274 on: August 24, 2014, 04:35:56 pm »
Sale ends Sunday, starts Monday!
Justice for the 96