Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 636329 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1185 on: July 12, 2014, 01:23:11 am »
When I heard that there was to be a Seafood Kiosk opening on the pier, I was excited.... as I love fresh seafood and there is so much of it landed around these shores.

However, I visited it on it's opening week... only to find that it was merely selling crab-sticks, and cockles out of jars.
Presumably they are doing this in order to get around the strict (and costly) food legislation that covers FRESH seafood.

Now, I see they have been reduced to offering 'other' non related items in order to stay afloat.
See below, it's terrible.   It seems to be yet another Mickey Mouse affair, which will not survive the year.

When will retailers learn that people visit this town SEVERAL times a year, and it is imperative to offer a product that people look forward to coming back for!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1186 on: July 12, 2014, 07:11:16 am »
The signs themselves to little to inspire any enthusiasm in people to stop!   Z**
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1187 on: July 12, 2014, 07:54:40 am »
One problem with illiterately created signs such as those is that the overall impression they provide is abysmal. Initial impressions are everything and something like that does the Pier, other kiosk owners and Llandudno no favours. I'm surprised the Pier owners don't enforce standards in that regard.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1188 on: July 12, 2014, 08:39:15 am »
I'm spoilt for choice between strawberry and cream and fresh strawbery with cream! Do they know they have two signs saying the same thing?  &shake&
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1189 on: July 12, 2014, 08:54:31 am »
Not quite, ME.

One is fresh and the other isn't.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1190 on: July 12, 2014, 09:16:23 am »
Not quite, ME.

One is fresh and the other isn't.

_))*  _))* yes Bri I did notice that! So who would decline the fresh Strawberry ( note only one for £2!) and ask for a week old slightly mouldy strawberry instead?  L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1191 on: July 12, 2014, 06:09:47 pm »
When will retailers learn that people visit this town SEVERAL times a year, and it is imperative to offer a product that people look forward to coming back for!
Wise words from Mr Fester....

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #1192 on: July 12, 2014, 07:44:54 pm »
I'm speechless - who on earth has that kiosk?!!

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1193 on: July 12, 2014, 10:36:33 pm »
   If you would like to see good signage I would suggest The Pound Bakery as a candidate. I hope I have the Company name correct, its in the old Jessops photo shop. Driving past in a queue I spotted it today.  Also I noticed a cyclist dressed up as a baker with an advertising sign attached to his bike.
   Huh --- I thought I had a brilliant idea in the Victorian extravaganza parade and now I find every Butcher, Baker and Candlestick maker is jumping on their bikes

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1194 on: July 13, 2014, 11:55:08 am »
Bettys Fabrics ,the two Glover shops,Animal,JD Store,old Timothy Whites,Millets,Little Poppets,Hoosons,Sewing shop,Manor foods,oops  forgot Red Cross, and god knows how many in the pecinct all empty with maybe 4 we know of being taken over,i suppose we should be happy with our lot.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1195 on: July 13, 2014, 11:53:10 pm »
Pound Bakery Mike,  I was in there on Saturday to test the Chicken Bake, (at 2 for £1.00), compared to the Gregg's Chicken Bake I often buy (at £1.18 for one)

I would say that the Pound Bakery product was 90% as good as Greggs,  and is therefore a bargain!   Mmmm.

Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1196 on: July 14, 2014, 08:20:10 am »
Pound Bakery Mike,  I was in there on Saturday to test the Chicken Bake, (at 2 for £1.00), compared to the Gregg's Chicken Bake I often buy (at £1.18 for one)

I would say that the Pound Bakery product was 90% as good as Greggs,  and is therefore a bargain!   Mmmm.
The downside is that you will put on twice as much weight by going there....

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1197 on: July 14, 2014, 09:34:02 am »
 _))* _))* _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1198 on: July 14, 2014, 10:47:37 am »

The downside is that you will put on twice as much weight by going there....

Good job his gym and swimming pool is always open and he never has any trouble getting in  _))* _))*

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1199 on: July 14, 2014, 09:20:19 pm »
Don't get me started!!!!    :rage: :rage:
Fester...