Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 636329 times)

Offline Trojan

Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #870 on: September 10, 2013, 07:20:19 pm »
Thanks B.B. I see there are now sacks of flour or something similar stacked in there. Let us hope that she finally gets the place open before the winter lull sets in. ££$

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/10-great-things-Stoke-Trent-gave-world/story-19771907-detail/story.html#axzz2e7vJeAF7
The Staffordshire Oatcake or to be even more precise, The Stoke on Trent Oatcake.

Number 11 - The Naughty Forty.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #871 on: September 10, 2013, 11:18:22 pm »
It's still not open though...  &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #872 on: September 11, 2013, 01:10:52 pm »
More ladders have appeared !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #873 on: September 11, 2013, 01:45:12 pm »
More ladders have appeared !
It must be due another paint by now, it's been at least a month since it was last done.  :roll:

Offline Minime

« Reply #874 on: September 15, 2013, 12:53:39 am »
I just need to know where asda and aldi are, craft shops as in materials to make things particularly beads, pet shops preferably with good aquarium gear, fishing tackle. Someone mentioned bowling, where's that? 
What's funny is we live in warrington and never go bowling but have huge la bowl all singing all dancing thing. We also have huge 10 screen cinema we've been a couple of times but we go pwllheli every week we're there (1 film shown a week) & the little bowling place.  We have the parr hall but been once in 8 years, I've already clocked Think Floyd is on - anyone know any good babysitter lol!
I think when you have too much choice you just don't bother, too much noise and crowds, we love the little cinema in pwllheli, far better experience :)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #875 on: September 15, 2013, 10:12:12 am »
Asda and Aldi are at the top end of the town-- near the new shopping precinct Park Llandudno.

There is a huge craft place on the main street-- just past holy Trinity on the opposite side.

We have Pets at Home, Farm and Pet Place and a small pet shop behind Boots.

Fishing-- by the pier.

Bowling-- next to Iceland on the Mostyn Champneys, same end as Asda etc.

Nearest Cinema Llandudno Junction but small one within THeatre Colwyn Colwyn Bay.

Hope this helps--- Nem :twoface:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #876 on: September 15, 2013, 10:24:27 am »
Or if you are really stuck you can try www.yell.com or Google.      ;D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #877 on: September 15, 2013, 01:53:16 pm »
I just need to know where asda and aldi are, craft shops as in materials to make things particularly beads, pet shops preferably with good aquarium gear, fishing tackle. Someone mentioned bowling, where's that?

These days we tend to meet all our aquarium needs at Rhyl Aquaria (http://www.rhylaquaria.co.uk/).  It's a bit of a trek to get to Rhyl but they have a good range of equipment and fish and it's reasonably priced.  They also do "own brand" food which is very competitively priced, it's the only place I'll go to these days for cichlid pellets and sinking granules.  It's just on the outskirts of the town centre and takes a bit finding (it's in a bit of a rough area) but it's way better than Pets At Home for aquarium gear.  There's another place in Rhyl called Seaworld Aquatics which is easier to find but slightly more expensive.  There used to be a place in Colwyn Bay called Erskine Aquatics which closed down ages ago but strangely the shop was never cleared so all the stock is still in there on display gathering dust.  Llandudno has always lacked a proper aquarium shop, Pets At Home has the basics but their aquarium section has shrunk since the shop opened and the other pet shop that used to sell fish has long since closed down.

If you were to go to Rhyl to visit the aquarium shops there's a place on the High Street called "Beads And Findings" which is currently having a closing down sale so it might be worth a visit if you can get their quickly enough - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beadandfindings/142565539160563?sk=wall&filter=12

There's also a bloke who sells fishing tackle on Colwyn Bay market (takes place every Tuesday and Saturday).

(I've just realised that I've made it appear that Llandudno has nothing to offer in comparison to Colwyn Bay and Rhyl - this isn't strictly always the case  :roll:).
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #878 on: September 15, 2013, 04:20:41 pm »
If it is fishing tackle you want then there is no better place than:-

FOXON'S TACKLE Ltd
Penrhewl
Lower Denbigh Rd,
St Asaph,
Clwyd
01745 583583
www.foxons.co.uk

Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Minime

« Reply #879 on: September 15, 2013, 04:47:46 pm »
Ha think id die if something like that jumped next to the boat!!

Thanks for replies, we're a bit beyond pets at home skill range haha! ..  We have Malawi cichlid, discus, marine, tropical, coldwater and couple of tanks with siamese fighters - 9 in total however will be reducing to cichlid, discus and my siamese (can't part with him) & im undecided on the marine although prob will as i put a LOT of money into that tank and bob the sponge crab gives me endless entertainment. Got 2 tanks full of babies the lfs going to take off us.

Llandudno has its values i know, we love the park on the west prom, now that is a proper park im sure i played on that horse in the 70's!  It was just that bit too far, CB was my cut off point really and we were quite impressed with the new beach and parks and just the general feel of the place :)

Offline Minime

« Reply #880 on: September 15, 2013, 04:48:04 pm »
Ha think id die if something like that jumped next to the boat!!

Thanks for replies, we're a bit beyond pets at home skill range haha! ..  We have Malawi cichlid, discus, marine, tropical, coldwater and couple of tanks with siamese fighters - 9 in total however will be reducing to cichlid, discus and my siamese (can't part with him) & im undecided on the marine although prob will as i put a LOT of money into that tank and bob the sponge crab gives me endless entertainment. Got 2 tanks full of babies the lfs going to take off us.

Llandudno has its values i know, we love the park on the west prom, now that is a proper park im sure i played on that horse in the 70's!  It was just that bit too far, CB was my cut off point really and we were quite impressed with the new beach and parks and just the general feel of the place :)

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #881 on: September 15, 2013, 05:02:30 pm »

Pets At Home have had Malawi's in the past, and possibly still do, but they aren't cheap.  We had some Malawi's once upon a time from Rhyl Aquaria and they were far cheaper than Pets At Home.  If you're after marine fish and equipment then you'll need to visit one or both of the shops in Rhyl which both stock marines.  Although we prefer Rhyl Aquaria they're both very good and both dedicated aquaria shops as opposed to pet shops with a few fish in the back so you'll be dealing with people who know what they're talking about. 

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #882 on: September 16, 2013, 12:31:44 pm »
£70,000 rent for the old Finneys next to the post office.

Offline Yelboh

« Reply #883 on: September 22, 2013, 03:15:02 pm »
Not strictly a shop, but couldn't help but notice that lloyds tsb in Llandudno has had its rebrand back to lloyds bank.  All looks jolly smart until you look at the address plaques on either side of the entrance door, and whilst the Welsh version appears correct on the right of the door the English version on the left of the door shows the address as 22 Mostyn ROAD.  You would have thought they might have checked it first! :rage:

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #884 on: September 22, 2013, 08:44:42 pm »
  Rent for Finneys. I'm not being funny, I REALLY don't know.
   What is this rent , annual, monthly, surely cannot be weekly,  and as to daily!!!