Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 636341 times)

Offline Ian48

Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #390 on: March 28, 2012, 01:03:27 pm »
A bistro eh? That's good, at least it's not another plain cafe and might bring a bit of evening life to that corner. I hope that they repaint the shop front a darker colour. I preferred it when it was brown wood as it was before. I think it looked a lot less garish than bright white.

Am I right in remembering that the interior of Hooson's used to have a clock above the counter at the back that was held up by a carving of two gold ladies? Was quite nice quality if I remember. I have vague memories of that, but might be wrong as it would be about 20 years or more ago now.

Some of those old shop interiors were lovely. I still think it an awful shame they removed Premier Tobacco's interior, that was lovely (as was the smell inside and the chocolates that they sold too).

Offline dwsi

« Reply #391 on: March 31, 2012, 03:23:20 pm »
I've heard a story that BHS are moving from Llandudno and Primark are going to replace it.
Is there any truth to this story or has DaveR's reporters on the ground heard anything?

Offline Sara

« Reply #392 on: March 31, 2012, 03:57:35 pm »
I've heard a story that BHS are moving from Llandudno and Primark are going to replace it.
Is there any truth to this story or has DaveR's reporters on the ground heard anything?
I have also heard this but have not been able to find out it is true. Philip Green did sell 10 BHS leases to Primark, but Llandudno wasn't one of them as far as I can see. It may be that he has sold more leases.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #393 on: March 31, 2012, 08:33:08 pm »
I haven't heard anything. Maybe someone has seen the story from last year about a few BHS being sold to Primark? I wouldn't be surprised to see more BHS being sold to Primark or the entire chain, even. I've always regarded BHS as a poor store, the unwanted stepchild of Phillip Green's Arcadia empire.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #394 on: April 01, 2012, 07:42:09 am »
It would be a good thing for Llandudno having Primark but im not sure there is enough floor space for them.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #395 on: April 04, 2012, 04:37:49 pm »
Cotton Traders will be opening on Friday.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #396 on: April 04, 2012, 05:13:38 pm »
Neat Feet in the Victoria Centre is shut and cleared out.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #397 on: April 04, 2012, 08:59:22 pm »
The new TRESPASS shop in Mostyn St looks like it is either open, or ready to open.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline dogstail

« Reply #398 on: April 09, 2012, 05:44:25 pm »
Never notied untill today the old iron sign of the Edwards butchers that used to be on Mostyn Street, where Millets used to be opposite WH Smith.  Will have to try and remember to get a photo next time im going passed

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #399 on: April 14, 2012, 10:51:21 am »
Wonder if Mothercare and Early Learning Centre will close - both owned by the same company.  Don't think I've ever seen many people in either.  Victoria Arcade will be empty soon!

Offline Sara

« Reply #400 on: April 14, 2012, 11:48:53 am »
I have heard that ELC is closing. Apparently all the stand alone ELC's in Wales are closing. The idea being that they will sell the products in Mothercare.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #401 on: April 14, 2012, 02:20:06 pm »
Julian Graves seem very low on stock-- I called and took advantage of their 25% off this morning, hope this isn't because they are closing-- they have shut a few branches in other towns :(
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #402 on: April 26, 2012, 07:51:22 pm »
The new shop front and canopy on the former Diskos shop is a great improvement - well done Mostyn Estates!

Offline Sara

« Reply #403 on: May 09, 2012, 04:55:25 pm »
Clinton Cards has gone into administration.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #404 on: May 09, 2012, 05:01:43 pm »
I'm not surprised, I've never spent a penny in one, I don't send many cards anyway (still have loads of xmas cards bought cheap when Woolworth's went bust!) The Post office in Penrhyn Bay has a good selection of cards at 50p!

I remain convinced that all of these special event days are purely to create business for the shops!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas