Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 636304 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #360 on: March 20, 2012, 10:33:25 pm »
Sainsbury's is all ready to go!

It opens at 7am on Weds morning, and is already crammed with fresh food and tempting goodies.

I also noticed tonight that they have employed several Easter European chappies with a 'gum blaster' machine  and a series of hand-held wallpaper scrapers to get all the chewing gum off the pavement!
They are working hard, and investing in the detail, so they deserve to be successful.   
This is how it looks tonight.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #361 on: March 20, 2012, 10:35:53 pm »
They also had workmen painting the railings outside the shop, the railings on the public pavement by the pedestrian crossing! Well done to them!

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #362 on: March 21, 2012, 09:40:29 am »
Just been down for a nosy-- and some extra tomatoes.
Smaller than I expected, but very smart. Prices quite steep, but 6 toms. same price as M&S, but dearer than Asda.
Alot of cameras and people outside-- including M. Lyon and some kiddies from San Sior.
Bright and well set out-- will be useful for unexpected extras.
Hope it does well. $good$
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #363 on: March 21, 2012, 10:10:53 am »
I shall have a look around later.

Shares in GAME Group were suspended this morning, looks like its all over for them. They have a shop on Mostyn Street next to the Library.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #364 on: March 21, 2012, 12:07:46 pm »
Oh what a disappointment,  They've spent so much money doing up Sainsbury's and it's tiny!  Packed with stuff and it's more expensive than Londis  on some items.  Part of the shop floorr has been taken by stores at the back maybe they will open upstairs at some point.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #365 on: March 21, 2012, 01:06:24 pm »
I wondered if the extra space had been taken up with the bakery.
Sainsbury's has always been top whack with prices-- my grocery bills decreased when I moved here and started using Asda! Mind you they don't have the choice that a large Sainsbury's has.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #366 on: March 21, 2012, 03:36:27 pm »
Sainsburys was pretty busy this afternoon, they have people standing around town with placards announcing the opening.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #367 on: March 21, 2012, 05:57:15 pm »
New Sainsburys store:

Offline emma p

« Reply #368 on: March 21, 2012, 06:31:26 pm »
Will be following with interest as to how the new Sainsburys goes......it is expensive but gotta be cheaper than Marks for the odd few bits......and the queues shorter, hopefully !!!
I always shopped at Sainsburys here at home but to be honest over the last few months i have been shopping at asda more and more. Everytime i go into Sainsburys the price of my usual groceries are creeping up, and lets face it you have no choice but to hunt out the bargains these days.
I hope all goes well for them anyway, its good to see the building used again.
 $good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #369 on: March 21, 2012, 08:27:30 pm »
With regard to Marks and Spencer, there is actually a lot of good value to be found within the food range.

They do a large range of 2 meals for £5.00,  and another range of 2 meals for £7.00.

The quality is excellent, and really you could eat from that range every night of the week.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #370 on: March 21, 2012, 08:55:51 pm »
I could not agree more, Fester.

Last weekend, Mrs R bought TWO of those dine-in-for-4 Mothering Day offers for £30 and according to the receipt she actually purchased over £54 of food and wine.  D)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #371 on: March 22, 2012, 09:03:41 am »
Agreed-- I bought the same offer, a large joint of beef, parmentier potatoes, profiteroles and wine at £6.99 a bottle. My bill showed that I had saved £10 on a £15 buy. We don't either of us drink, but the wine always comes in for friends and gifts. The rest of the food did for 2 meals and some very tasty beef sandwiches.
On Tuesday I got 2 chickens for £7, cooked and dismembered them both, made 3 chicken bakes for the freezer, we have had 2 meals from the white meat, the dog will have 4 from the 'funny bits' and there is still an awful lot left. ---And my OH eats alot of meat as he doesn't like veg !
Then I read what people spend on takeaways! :o
Perhaps it is my Yorkshire nature, but not much gets wasted in our house !

Offline hollins

« Reply #372 on: March 22, 2012, 09:32:37 am »
I also agree. I bought the roast beef, £10.94 on it's own, with parsnips, apple crumble and rose wine. However I bought mine at the Simply Food at the Coliseum near Cheshire Oaks as I was taking my mum back home to Cheshire.
It will only be 10 mins further for me to go to this new store, rather than the one in Llandudno.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2092221/Marks-Spencer-opens-huge-store-Cheshire-Oaks-says-itll-greenest-world.html

I wonder how many others will make the trek along the A55 rather than face the cramped conditions and queueing in the Llandudno branch.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #373 on: March 22, 2012, 04:57:50 pm »
I sent past Sainsburys at about 4pm and there were at least 20 people queuing for the tills, even with all the tills open. Looks to be a big success.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:58:57 am by Ian »

Offline Ian48

« Reply #374 on: March 22, 2012, 05:10:07 pm »
Marks & Spencers will seriously need to start thinking about a refit for their store now, as the new Sainsbury's will really show it up to be the shabby mess it is. They could think about installing a ramp and using the front of the upstairs as an addition or perhaps they could turn the whole of the ground floor of the men's shop into a food area (would that be bigger?). Either way, they need to freshen it up a bit! Considering the money that they make, it would be nice to see them invest a little back in the store!