Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 636344 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #270 on: February 07, 2012, 07:32:08 pm »
Hoarding goes up around the old Woolworths, now to become a Sainsburys Local.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #271 on: February 08, 2012, 12:22:56 pm »
Cotton Traders will be taking over the vacant Wades Clothing shop at 78 Mostyn Street and will be opening in early April.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #272 on: February 08, 2012, 04:45:15 pm »
Thank goodness for that!   It may stop them having the need to fill my post box with their dreadful sales catalogues!      ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #273 on: February 08, 2012, 04:56:10 pm »
Sainsburys opens 16 march

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: February 08, 2012, 05:17:46 pm »
Sainsburys opens 16 march
...at 7am!

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #275 on: February 08, 2012, 05:23:42 pm »
Err…that’s handy.

The 16 March is my wife’s birthday and I still have £40 worth of Sainsbury’s vouchers after recently purchasing a new set of tyres from ATS just before Xmas. 

+}}{--

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #276 on: February 08, 2012, 08:13:03 pm »
Good plan that Bri,you give your beloved 40 pounds worth of vouchers and you get a slap up meal out of it. L0L

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #277 on: February 09, 2012, 08:15:46 am »
OMG-- That's asking for trouble !!! >:(
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #278 on: February 09, 2012, 05:41:29 pm »
Empty shops report is rubbish says Llandudno landowner - North Wales Weekly News http://bit.ly/zfI0zF

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #279 on: February 09, 2012, 07:58:29 pm »
Empty shops report is rubbish says Llandudno landowner - North Wales Weekly News http://bit.ly/zfI0zF

...and he's absolutely right. In the last couple of months, we've seen a wave of investment in Llandudno like nothing we've seen for years. Travelodge, DFS, Caffe Nero, Sainsburys, Country Casuals, Trespass, Cotton Traders. Maybe even Premier Inn too, if the 'rumours' are correct.   :laugh:

If we look at the south side of Mostyn Street....from William Glover right up to Gimberts, there will shortly be only 2 empty units, one being the former TSB Bank and the other the old Burger King restaurant. Of those two, the Burger King has recently been purchased and will hopefully be opening as 'something' shortly.

On the North side, its fully occupied from WG Gifts down by Bog Island right up to the old Diskos shop. Then we have the three empty shops in a row by the new Sainsburys. I'm confident that one or more of those empty shops will soon be let once Sainsburys opens, as the footfall in that area will increase dramatically.

On Upper Mostyn Street, there are currently no empty shop units, although Gimberts is closing down shortly.

Considering we are in the middle of a severe recession, this really is very impressive.  Well done, Llandudno! $good$

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #280 on: February 09, 2012, 08:11:44 pm »
Dave - thanks such a clear and positive posting. It puts things into perspective when you consider the sad state of the retail areas of comparable - and larger - towns in other parts. I share your belief that the empty shops adjacent to Sainsbury's will be snapped up once that store is opened.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #281 on: February 10, 2012, 12:11:49 pm »
I love the way Hiller says only 7% of shops are currently empty.  Obviously not counted all the charity shops.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #282 on: February 10, 2012, 12:21:48 pm »
Lights are on in Wades today.Iwonder why it takes such a long time,that unit has been under offer for almost a year.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #283 on: February 12, 2012, 09:16:21 am »
When Sainsburys opens it will be interesting to see how long it takes for the three empty units along side to be taken up.I got to thinking what sort of buisness would be attracted to sit along side a Sainsburys,it will be interesting to see if Gareth Roberts see;s any increase when it opens,im sure the Carlton will NOT but that is different.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #284 on: February 12, 2012, 02:59:45 pm »
DFS Llandudno | Opening Times http://bit.ly/w6PVIj