Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 644818 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #900 on: October 30, 2013, 03:40:25 pm »
66 Mostyn st seems to be back on the open market,the under offer has gone on shopproperty,so as far as i know there are no plans for the 5 empty shops on the main st.

Offline Yelboh

« Reply #901 on: October 30, 2013, 05:30:52 pm »
Have heard a fairly strong rumour that there is going to be a new cosmetics shop opening in the Victoria centre in november, selling an exclusive French brand amongst others.  Not sure which unit, but could guess at the old neet feet unit being the right footprint.  Understand it is an independent person not a chain and it is their first venture into retail. ££$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #902 on: October 30, 2013, 08:20:20 pm »
Yes, good luck to anyone taking on that unit privately. 

Mrs Fester and I ran the rule over it when we opened our business, and it is a great unit.
BUT.... the level of turnover required to make it pay was way above anything that the footfall made viable.

Only national chains should consider rents / rates such as that.... and it would have been 'sleep losing' amounts of investment for us.   ££$ ££$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #903 on: November 01, 2013, 11:02:00 am »
What happenend to the little bakery in Craig -y-don

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #904 on: November 01, 2013, 12:25:48 pm »
Mrs R tells me the bakery in Victoria Street closed down a few months ago.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #905 on: November 01, 2013, 01:51:12 pm »
Very sad Bri,that was the only small bakery we had,i can;t believe there is no trade left for a small independent,unless you want oatcakes.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #906 on: November 01, 2013, 03:09:47 pm »
Have heard a fairly strong rumour that there is going to be a new cosmetics shop opening in the Victoria centre in november, selling an exclusive French brand amongst others.  Not sure which unit, but could guess at the old neet feet unit being the right footprint.  Understand it is an independent person not a chain and it is their first venture into retail. ££$

The former O2 shop is being refitted and if I remember correctly the signage said "Code Cosmetics".
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Yelboh

« Reply #907 on: November 01, 2013, 05:30:50 pm »
Aha, thanks FatAndy!  That's a strong location.  I suspect they will benefit from body shop footfall, but also suspect cost wise will be more expensive than the neet feet unit.  A bold and confident move.  Sincerely wish them good trading, at least they will be opening at the right time of year.  Great to see a new business having the confidence to invest in our town, as I am sure the shop fit will cost a bit alone!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #908 on: November 01, 2013, 11:46:33 pm »
Aha, thanks FatAndy!  That's a strong location.  I suspect they will benefit from body shop footfall, but also suspect cost wise will be more expensive than the neet feet unit.  A bold and confident move.  Sincerely wish them good trading, at least they will be opening at the right time of year.  Great to see a new business having the confidence to invest in our town, as I am sure the shop fit will cost a bit alone!

I poked my nose in there today, to see if they were selling anything similar to my little shop.
No was the answer, but it looks very good.  They must be very brave to open a cosmetics store right next to Boots who have a massive range.
BUT... my Mrs took a look and said it looks very much like a discounted offer, and they should do well as there is nothing similar locally.... she will be certainly spending in there!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #909 on: November 02, 2013, 07:26:27 pm »
   Festr, did u go in in disguise?

Dont u know u r a familiar face?

Not recommended, going in to a business rival who has just opened up.

Offline Minime

« Reply #910 on: November 02, 2013, 10:51:53 pm »
Which business is festers?

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #911 on: November 02, 2013, 11:18:09 pm »
Ref. Bakery in Victoria St. As the proprietors are past retirement age they decided to call it a day ( I believe ! )   ;D
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline dingo20

Staffordshire pancake shop
« Reply #912 on: November 09, 2013, 11:38:00 am »
Open for business on Upper Mostyn street give it a try really nice sandwiches!

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #913 on: November 10, 2013, 08:40:56 am »
Oatcakes £1 for 6
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #914 on: November 10, 2013, 09:16:33 pm »
The Oatcake Shop has suffered an 'equipment failure' and is closed till Mon/Tue according to a notice on the door.