Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 648385 times)

Offline Cat Stevens

Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #780 on: April 27, 2013, 09:53:48 pm »
Pubs in Rhyl because they are in a deprived area are in receipt of consessions from their brewery if they are tied and if not they have to drop their prices in order to compete with the pubs who are in receipt of consessions IE reduced cost prices.
In LLandudno however you must consider the ratable value of some of these licensed premises and the multiple factor of the U B R. Uniform Business Rate. Then of course there are the exorbitant rents demanded by Mostyn Estates. And of course the council impose restrictions upon licenses which insist on a pub having door security otherwise they are not allowed to open at the weekend. Wetherspoons however sell discounts through some 600 managed houses which in turn give them purchase power. when purchasing their stock at cost price.
I'm sure most pubs in the area would if able to do so would reduce their retail price and fill their pub every night it they could. but unfortunately the bills don't go away.
Look at the Fat Cat , my daughter replied but dad it was heaving on Saturday night, when I told her it had closed down. Simple. The operating costs are simply too high and they have to charge the retail price in order to pay the bills. Irrespective of the Fat Cat chain being free of brewery tie. which means the chain can purchase from whoever they want at a much enhanced discount from other tied pubs.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #781 on: April 27, 2013, 10:09:55 pm »
We all know that the rent and rates are now slowly starting to kill the town,when a buisness like fat cat ,that we all thought was making money goes its time for the powers that be to start dropping their massive rents and massive rates.Most of us cringe when we see hoosons still empty on such a lucritive position but if you add up all the rent,rates and staffing i bet its enought to put anyone off,hence it sits empty and a horrible site.

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #782 on: April 29, 2013, 04:39:46 pm »
Latest news mmmmm now is this just gossip or reality.
Manor Fine Foods & Wares leaving Upper Mostyn Street and consolidating into their other shop.

Coz if its true I may just open a Bar. Lets face it Poundstretcher will end up as a Bar. I would feel quite cozy with fountains on one side, The London opposite. Poundstretcher as a Bar on the other side and Lord Cooney enterprizes opposite.
We could see who could join the Fat Cat Club Next....

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #783 on: May 07, 2013, 09:31:03 am »
Both Tesco and Asda now have Wi-Fi in their stores, so you can check your emails while you're shopping!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #784 on: May 07, 2013, 10:28:24 am »
Is it their own or The Cloud?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #785 on: May 07, 2013, 10:44:45 am »
Tesco  is offering their  own, which uses your clubcard no. Asda is pure cloud, i think.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #786 on: May 07, 2013, 10:55:03 am »
I like The Cloud, as it's free and there's an iphone app that enables automatic login whenever you come into range - very useful.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #787 on: May 12, 2013, 10:14:41 am »
Any news on Vollams? It has been closed for the last 2 mornings at the usual 'newspaper time' and yesterday all the papers were still piled up on the doorstep at 9.15am.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #788 on: May 12, 2013, 10:17:36 am »
I like The Cloud, as it's free and there's an iphone app that enables automatic login whenever you come into range - very useful.

Asda require a mobile 'phone no to use their wi-fi.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #789 on: May 12, 2013, 01:45:21 pm »
So it will not work with an iPad then?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #790 on: May 12, 2013, 02:16:34 pm »
Yes, but you need to input your mobile no to register.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #791 on: May 12, 2013, 04:38:33 pm »
It has a simcard in it, no idea what it's number is though!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #792 on: May 12, 2013, 04:55:16 pm »
I don't think it matters, as long as you have some mobile no. to which they can send a code, which you then use to register.  Once on, you can use mobile or iPad - whichever you wish.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #793 on: May 13, 2013, 12:27:33 pm »
In case anyone is getting worried about their credit cards showing 'SACAT M & S Llandudno' SACAT is an acronym for Semi-Attended Cardholder Activated Terminal .  I hadn't noticed it before, but it's now appearing regularly.  Apparently, its use may spread to other self-service checkout shops.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 05:08:45 pm by Ian »

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #794 on: May 13, 2013, 01:09:17 pm »
I was using the self service machine in M&S yesterday, I think they work rather well.  $good$