Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 638660 times)

Offline Dave

Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1710 on: September 30, 2016, 06:25:08 am »
I noticed that the traffic lights exiting from Champneys by Macdonalds seemed to allow more cars through than usual the other day. Previously you could virtually guarantee that only 7 made it through on green,this time twice that number must have made it.I was on foot so I din't look at the lights so unless they weren't working or they jumped the lights it looks like the sensible action of changing the timing on them might have happened at long last.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1711 on: September 30, 2016, 09:00:36 am »
Yes we had that impression too when we came through the lights from Mostyn Champneys earlier this week.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1712 on: September 30, 2016, 09:33:58 am »
I had exactly the same thoughts, I came through them this morning at about 9am and the 'go' seemed far longer than before.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1713 on: December 01, 2016, 12:31:14 pm »
The former 'Farm & Pet Place' shop in Mostyn Street is to become a St Vincents Charity Shop.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1714 on: December 01, 2016, 12:37:15 pm »
The former 'Farm & Pet Place' shop in Mostyn Street is to become a St Vincents Charity Shop.

I visited Mold last week, I was looking forward to this 'historic medieval market town'

Basically it's rubbish, 95% of the commercial properties are charity shops, coffee shops or kebab shops.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1715 on: December 01, 2016, 05:44:56 pm »
A bit mouldy then?  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1716 on: December 02, 2016, 11:37:16 am »

I visited Mold last week, I was looking forward to this 'historic medieval market town'

Basically it's rubbish, 95% of the commercial properties are charity shops, coffee shops or kebab shops.
I think Ruthin is the only decent town in that area, both Mold & Denbigh are a bit rubbish really.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1717 on: December 02, 2016, 12:45:55 pm »

I think Ruthin is the only decent town in that area, both Mold & Denbigh are a bit rubbish really.

Ruthin Castle is lovely, we had a meal there the other week. Very good value for money as well. We will definitely be back.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1718 on: December 02, 2016, 01:23:26 pm »

Ruthin Castle is lovely, we had a meal there the other week. Very good value for money as well. We will definitely be back.

The quality was great, though a bit minimalist for a fat lad like me!
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1719 on: December 02, 2016, 03:09:01 pm »
The old Animal shop on Mostyn Street is being refurbished inside and out - have they signed up a new tenant?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1720 on: December 02, 2016, 03:17:42 pm »

The quality was great, though a bit minimalist for a fat lad like me!

Then you should go to the medievil banquets they do. I'm a vegetarian so mainly went for the mead  Z** but for meat eaters like you perfect, it looked to me like they were scoffing fully dead animals the size of the things!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1721 on: December 02, 2016, 03:50:33 pm »
Been to the medieval banquet there about 40 times in 15 years, it's excellent, but the next day's hangover is not!
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1722 on: December 02, 2016, 04:31:26 pm »
it looked to me like they were scoffing fully dead animals the size of the things!

I hope they weren't only half dead...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1723 on: December 07, 2016, 01:48:10 pm »
Good news for the local micro breweries.......

Co-op get the beers in to give North Wales craft brewers a 40,000 pint boost.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/co-op-beers-give-north-12280188

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1724 on: December 13, 2016, 12:24:34 pm »
Work started on the old BHS store, getting ready for Primark.      Ref DP