Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 644860 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1455 on: July 11, 2015, 10:21:16 am »
Sorry to see "Closing Down Sale" signs on the Rectella soft furnishings shop in the Victoria Center..... :(

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1456 on: July 11, 2015, 11:01:26 am »
Talking to the girl the other week the lease was up and they were waiting to see how much the rent was rising , must have hiked it too much .

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1457 on: July 11, 2015, 11:11:16 am »
Talking to the girl the other week the lease was up and they were waiting to see how much the rent was rising , must have hiked it too much .
I think Mostyn Estates would rather have a lower rent, than another empty shop.......?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1458 on: July 11, 2015, 11:21:56 am »
I think Mostyn Estates would rather have a lower rent, than another empty shop.......?

Unfortunately Steve, that is very rarely how it works.  :(
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1459 on: July 11, 2015, 01:13:12 pm »
Unfortunately Steve, that is very rarely how it works.  :(
I know what you mean, but they have been taking over a lot of the empty shops recently, and I think there are already two? in the center, this could be a case of just not enough trade, and blaming it on the rent. &shake&

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1460 on: July 11, 2015, 03:35:32 pm »
The Victoria Centre is owned by SunLife Properties Ltd, I think.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1461 on: July 11, 2015, 03:41:12 pm »
The Victoria Centre is owned by SunLife Properties Ltd, I think.
Sorry always thought it was Mostyn's...

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1462 on: July 11, 2015, 03:51:37 pm »
I don't know if they are the same entrance gates from when the Victoria Centre was first built but one used to be able to see the branded logo of Sun Life in the entrance gates.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1463 on: July 11, 2015, 04:07:50 pm »
I was bored today, and took a walk through the Victoria Centre.

I think I saw 4 empty units, 2 of which were cunningly disguised with hoardings or pictures from a different shop.

3 of them have been unoccupied for several year now.  :( :(
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1464 on: July 12, 2015, 08:41:33 am »
Noticed that the old Ethel Austin shop is now stocked with books.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #1465 on: July 26, 2015, 03:24:39 pm »
The New shop moving into the old Dreams shop on the Champneys park is...............................................drum roll.............................................Wait for 30 seconds as they do on Television............................................................Dreams.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1466 on: July 26, 2015, 03:41:41 pm »
The New shop moving into the old Dreams shop on the Champneys park is...............................................drum roll.............................................Wait for 30 seconds as they do on Television............................................................Dreams.
Better than an empty shop, but strange especially with the two new bed shops opening recently on Mostyn St,  &shake&
Maybe I am missing something but I have just counted how many bed shops there are in Llandudno I managed 6 must be money in beds

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #1467 on: July 26, 2015, 03:50:24 pm »
Apparently Dreams Manufacture their own beds and mattresses  in addition to selling branded names which probably give them the edge, especiallt with the potential purchase power and available discount.  Searching online it is evident that Dreams and going through and extensive expansion plan.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1468 on: August 01, 2015, 02:53:50 pm »
Farmers stage protest at Tesco against falling lamb prices

Scores of angry North Wales farmers swooped on two Tesco supermarkets this evening in protest at rock-bottom lamb prices .

An estimated 80 producers targeted the retailer’s Bangor store after driving in convoy along the A55.

Another group of fed-up farmers arrived en mass at the Tesco store in Llandudno Junction.

Many held placards and waved banners while some went inside to check the meat aisles for New Zealand lamb.

Anger in the farming community has reached boiling point over falling lamb prices and imports have been blamed for deepening the crisis.

Lambs are typically £20-£30 down per head on the start of the year, resulting in farmgate prices that aren’t covering the cost of their production
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/bangor-farmers-lamb-protest-tesco-9769211

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1469 on: August 05, 2015, 12:30:42 pm »
LARGE SHOPS MAY OPEN LONGER ON SUNDAYS: Local authority chiefs are to be given the power to relax Sunday trading laws restricting the opening hours of large stores in their areas under new Government proposals.

LARGE SHOPS: Councils in England and Wales will be given the choice of whether they want to ease the current rules limiting shops with over 280 sq m (3,000 sq ft) floorspace to six hours opening on a Sunday.

Ministers are reported to be writing to the Church of England urging it not to oppose the measures which they argue could be worth up to £1.4 billion a year to the economy while ensuring high streets remain the "heartbeat of our communities".     REFDP