Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 639399 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1275 on: August 24, 2014, 05:01:52 pm »

I've walked past "Caro Marie" Beds loads of time during my lunch hour and it never looks like it's open.  I guess either the lighting is so dim that it looks like the shop is closed when it isn't or they close over lunch.  Not that it matters because I haven't been looking to buy a bed anytime recently.

My order delivered all OK, I told the boss what you said ,(above) he's going to look into it.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1276 on: August 24, 2014, 09:44:35 pm »
  That is if he can see to look into it with the lights being so dim

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1277 on: August 24, 2014, 09:50:25 pm »
 _))*  _))*
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yelboh

« Reply #1278 on: August 26, 2014, 09:28:04 pm »
Council have approved the planning application to turn the Super Bowl into a retail unit, namely TK Maxx.  Appears to be no love lost currently between parc Llandudno, who believe TK Maxx should be going into a unit on that corner piece of land that lay derelict for a while, and Mostyn Champneys.  TK Maxx say they quickly turned down the Parc Llandudno site due to it not having a suitable frontage.  Detail on daily post website.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1279 on: August 27, 2014, 10:56:26 am »
Council have approved the planning application to turn the Super Bowl into a retail unit, namely TK Maxx.  Appears to be no love lost currently between parc Llandudno, who believe TK Maxx should be going into a unit on that corner piece of land that lay derelict for a while, and Mostyn Champneys.  TK Maxx say they quickly turned down the Parc Llandudno site due to it not having a suitable frontage.  Detail on daily post website.

Another loss on the list of "things to do in Llandudno"

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1280 on: September 05, 2014, 11:46:53 am »
Work now on-going inside the old chemists shop at Hooson's Corner, also at the sewing machine shop opposite.
The Red Cross shop next to Gimberts has a sold sign in the window.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1281 on: September 14, 2014, 10:11:01 pm »
Phone retailer Phones4U collapses into administration after EE ends deal - 550 stores employing 6,000 will be shut tomorrow

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1282 on: September 15, 2014, 08:52:49 am »
Phone retailer Phones4U collapses into administration after EE ends deal - 550 stores employing 6,000 will be shut tomorrow
Is the one in Llandudno next to Clares? I always get confused with that one and the one on the retail park by Costa.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1283 on: September 15, 2014, 08:54:10 am »
Think so.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #1284 on: September 15, 2014, 09:02:53 am »
There's a branch of Phones 4U next to Clare's and also another one inside Currys/PC World on Mostyn Champneys.

It's a strange situation as they are a highly profitable business but Vodafone and EE have recently ended deals to supply them so effectively they now have no "stock" with which to continue trading.  Under the circumstances I can't see anyone wanting to take it on as a going concern and all the mobile operators have their own retail outlets so I can't see any of them being interesting in stepping in to help.   
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1285 on: September 15, 2014, 09:08:35 am »
There's a branch of Phones 4U next to Clare's and also another one inside Currys/PC World on Mostyn Champneys.

It's a strange situation as they are a highly profitable business but Vodafone and EE have recently ended deals to supply them so effectively they now have no "stock" with which to continue trading.  Under the circumstances I can't see anyone wanting to take it on as a going concern and all the mobile operators have their own retail outlets so I can't see any of them being interesting in stepping in to help.
Yes, unfortunately for the staff, they seem to be doomed as a business. Since Vodafone, EE etc all started their own chains of shops, formerly useful companies like Phones 4 U suddenly became unwanted competitors really.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1286 on: September 15, 2014, 10:57:49 am »
The company said its stores, including Caernarfon, Bangor, Llandudno, Colwyn Bay, Rhyl and Wrexham, will be closed today pending a decision by the administrators on whether the business can be reopened for trading.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/phones-4u-goes-administration-5500-7771271

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1287 on: September 15, 2014, 11:10:38 am »
North Wales Live Blog...today
CONSUMER: Shoppers are continuing to peel away from Welsh shops as the pressure facing the industry continues to grow, a new study has revealed. A monthly monitor of footfall to Welsh retailers saw a bigger fall in the number of shoppers in August in Wales, :  by 1.8% and outstripping the UK average fall of 1.1%.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1288 on: September 21, 2014, 09:56:26 pm »
What is the latest on Homebase.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #1289 on: September 23, 2014, 04:28:03 pm »
It's been confirmed that all the North Wales branches of Phones 4U with the exception of Prestatyn and the one in Currys, Llandudno are to close.  Prestatyn is being taken over by Vodafone and Dixons Carphone are to employ all the former employees of Phones 4U branches located within branches of Currys.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips