Author Topic: Everything to do with Shops  (Read 643804 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Reply #1230 on: August 01, 2014, 11:21:22 pm »
Yorkie they also sell guns in wallmarts, we go to the one in Huyton that's over two floors .

.... and how many guns have you bought there Norm?  :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1231 on: August 02, 2014, 05:03:04 pm »
Phase eight ladies clothing ,new store job advert,might be in precinct.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1232 on: August 02, 2014, 09:00:57 pm »
 Just to be a bit picky, Asda Llandudno already has two floors. It also has an internal lift. But the first floor is not for the public. It's mainly a very large crammed to the roof warehouse for George  clothes and shoes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1233 on: August 05, 2014, 09:21:50 am »
At long last, the old Hoosons Chemist shop on the corner of Upper Mostyn Street has been let and is to become a furniture shop.  &shake&

Offline Greyhound

« Reply #1234 on: August 05, 2014, 09:25:28 am »
I wonder who it could be? Doesn't seem quite large enough to be a major furniture retailer, and not sure what smaller chains would be suitable for a premises that size. Good news though. Hope it's a quality outfit.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #1235 on: August 05, 2014, 01:35:25 pm »

More likely to be a concession in Debenhams (not that I know much about ladies clothing, other than at weekends of course).
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1236 on: August 05, 2014, 09:37:28 pm »

More likely to be a concession in Debenhams (not that I know much about ladies clothing, other than at weekends of course).
what happens at weekends? Surely Fat Andy, I'm looking at your picture. Cross dressing?

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #1237 on: August 05, 2014, 09:52:46 pm »

what happens at weekends? Surely Fat Andy, I'm looking at your picture. Cross dressing?

Weekends are when I get dragged around the shops by my wife and daughters.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it  8).

Emo Philips

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1238 on: August 05, 2014, 11:04:50 pm »

Weekends are when I get dragged around the shops by my wife and daughters.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it  8).

We believe you, Andrea!  _))*
Valar Morghulis

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1239 on: August 06, 2014, 03:44:23 pm »
FatAndy it does say new opening so i presume its a shop.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #1240 on: August 07, 2014, 01:30:34 pm »
FatAndy it does say new opening so i presume its a shop.

I could be a shop but if you look at the store finder section on their website most of their existing outlets are concessions in department stores, and a lot of those are in Debenhams.

http://www.phase-eight.com/pws/StoreFinder.ice?findStore=true&page=stores&country=GB&countryRegion=North&x=47&y=18

Emo Philips

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #1241 on: August 07, 2014, 01:37:26 pm »
Autonomy Ladieswear has opened in Colwyn Bay and the good news is that there's a sale on and "everything must go"!  The bad news is the sale is it's last few days so you'll need to act fast if you wish to take advantage.  And does anyone else wonder about those "everything must go" signs, does this mean that when those signs aren't being displayed the retailer brings in stock that they intend to keep permanently?

Elsewhere in the Bay a new convenience shop has opened up on Conwy Road halfway between the Central pub (as it is at the time of writing) and the Glass Lounge.  It seems a bit optimistic to me given the proximity of Bargain Booze and the Spar, and Morrisions isn't all that far away, but good luck to them anyway.  There's also a new shabby chic/antiques style shop on Princes Drive but there's no signage up yet so I don't know what it's called.

Emo Philips

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1242 on: August 07, 2014, 09:03:40 pm »
Regarding the convenience store, absolutely financially suicidal. I think there MUST be more to this. Maybe the word convenience?  Perhaps  it will just be selling these new style ciggie subs and it's close to smokers hanging outside the Central

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #1243 on: August 07, 2014, 09:49:31 pm »
Regarding the convenience store, absolutely financially suicidal. I think there MUST be more to this. Maybe the word convenience?  Perhaps  it will just be selling these new style ciggie subs and it's close to smokers hanging outside the Central

The shop is called "Local Store" and according to the posters in the window is selling groceries.  I didn't go in but from what I could see it was selling groceries as advertised.  The Central is due to close soon for a major revamp so the smokers will need to find somewhere else to hang out so it wouldn't be a great idea to try to cash in on those. 

This is the third shop of this type to open in Colwyn Bay recently.  There's one opposite Stermat and another in the West End, not far from Lidl.  None of them look viable so maybe there are ulterior motives but without evidence it's probably better to assume that they are legit.

Emo Philips

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1244 on: August 08, 2014, 09:40:20 am »
It won't be long  before someone opens up a "grow your own" for all the "smokers" in the Bay.    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero