Author Topic: Gardening  (Read 336645 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Gardening
« Reply #630 on: October 01, 2015, 01:53:25 pm »
Yellow is the colour in this lovely sunshine.

Online Hugo

« Reply #631 on: October 19, 2015, 06:03:49 pm »
The trees are changing to the Autumn colours now.

Offline hollins

« Reply #632 on: October 28, 2015, 07:35:22 pm »
Autumn colours.

Online Hugo

« Reply #633 on: October 31, 2015, 09:59:45 am »
My wife and I enjoyed a walk around Bodnant Gardens yesterday.  The Autumn colours this year were very good, but it looked like it won't be long before the leaves are off the trees

Offline hollins

« Reply #634 on: October 31, 2015, 02:53:06 pm »
Lovely to see those photos. Not been there this autumn. Thanks Hugo.

Online Hugo

« Reply #635 on: November 01, 2015, 08:56:14 am »
Thanks Hollins,  it's a while since I was last the but it was great to see those Autumn tints.     I think that once we have a strong wind the rest of the leaves will fall too.

Online Hugo

« Reply #636 on: November 01, 2015, 09:01:49 am »
I'm late in planting Daffodil bulbs in my pots this year because I've been waiting for the Geraniums to finish flowering.  The Geraniums are still in flower and there are new buds on them too so it looks like it may be December when the Daffodils get planted.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #637 on: November 01, 2015, 10:24:52 am »
Weather patterns are certainly changing.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline hollins

« Reply #638 on: November 01, 2015, 02:46:29 pm »
What a gorgeous day! Got my mum here this weekend making these arrangements.

Online Hugo

« Reply #639 on: November 01, 2015, 03:11:48 pm »
Beautiful arrangements Hollins, I can see where you get your talent from.    $good$

Online Hugo

« Reply #640 on: November 23, 2015, 04:00:41 pm »
We had our first heavy frost last night and I'll probably have to lift all the Geraniums up soon after the frost damage.    I've just come back from John's Nursery at Talgoed Glan Conwy with three heavy bags of Daffodils so that they can go in the troughs and pots that the Geraniums are presently in.
His prices are very good and the bulbs are large and of good quality, well worth going to if you are in that area.

Online Hugo

« Reply #641 on: December 02, 2015, 03:17:49 pm »
The Squirrels destroyed my peanut feeder for the birds so I sent off for a Squirrel proof peanut feeder and it arrived yesterday.   I set it up today and filled the feeder with nuts and left the birds enjoy the nuts.
When I came home I saw that the Squirrels had lifted the top off and scoffed half the peanuts      :rage:    so now I've tied the lid on with wire and we'll see how we get on.

Meanwhile      Squirrels 1   v   Hugo 0

Online Hugo

« Reply #642 on: December 26, 2015, 03:38:39 pm »
2015 has been a strange year for gardening,  I had to pull up my Geraniums from their pots in December in order to plant my Daffodil bulbs which should have gone in around Sept/Oct.
My Hydrangea is flowering now and the Yucca Tree has numerous new flowers coming up but any frost will soon kill them off.
One thing I have noticed in the 30 years I have lived here is the constant wind this year, I've never noticed it as bad before and the metal garden furniture is down again
At the moment there is driving rain and the wind has gusted to over 50 mph so I'm not looking forward to taking my dog out for his afternoon walk but needs must.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #643 on: December 26, 2015, 04:20:26 pm »
The joys of dog ownership Hugo ! WE have more wet garments hanging in our utility than I care to count ! Still we are better off than some poor souls.
 Happy New Year to you.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Online Hugo

« Reply #644 on: December 26, 2015, 04:32:23 pm »
I've just come back after taking Marco for a walk and just found out that my waterproof walking gear isn't so waterproof after all.

I count my blessings after seeing all those people suffering from the floods and after the heavy rain in Wales today I fear for those towns at risk from the River Severn, I just hope that they can escape from getting flooded.

A Happy and Healthy New Year to you too.

I reckon Frizzy's scruffy cousin from the farm could do with going out in this rain and then he'd look more like Frizzy then