Author Topic: Gardening  (Read 340800 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Gardening
« Reply #585 on: January 24, 2015, 05:37:55 pm »
Thanks Hugo. Yes, it was money well spent. One of the best things I have ever bought and I only ever use it on the automatic setting.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #586 on: January 25, 2015, 08:31:42 am »
But it's not just the camera.  Getting in close and framing the photos as well as you do is all you, H :-))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline hollins

« Reply #587 on: January 25, 2015, 09:12:08 am »
Thanks Ian. I have to thank the cropping tool on Picasa for that!

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #588 on: January 25, 2015, 08:24:06 pm »
picasa oh, no wander they are so good

Offline Hugo

« Reply #589 on: January 26, 2015, 10:30:11 pm »
The Snowdrops have now started to appear in St Mary's Church in Caerhun

Offline hollins

« Reply #590 on: February 05, 2015, 09:24:16 am »
I love the flowers of the hellebores but it is a shame that they hang their heads and you can't always see them properly.
I was amazingly lucky with this photo. I held the camera against the floor lens pointing towards the flower and just pressed and hoped for the best not being able to see what it was showing and hey presto, the wonder camera triumphs again!

Offline hollins

« Reply #591 on: February 15, 2015, 12:03:21 pm »
Back in the land of snowdrops.

Offline hollins

« Reply #592 on: February 24, 2015, 04:06:37 pm »
A few more hellebore pics.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #593 on: February 28, 2015, 01:44:03 pm »
Just one of my daffodil pots.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #594 on: March 31, 2015, 08:14:34 pm »
It was very windy here last night and the wind has taken it's toll on my Daffodils but at least most of them are ok.  The gusts of wind in Capel Curig reached 97 mph last night so any Daffodils there would have taken a battering.
I've had to put all the garden furniture down again to save it from wind damage and that must be about the 7th time this Winter that I've had to do that.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #595 on: March 31, 2015, 10:14:58 pm »
As is usually the case we either get the wind full on and everything in the garden goes everywhere or we hear it, see it in the bay but don't feel it.

I've got the earplugs on standby, the recycling containers are currently tied down to the garden bench and the greenhouse is covered in bungee ropes and wedged in with calor gas containers.

However today it was really calm (windwise anyway!) around the garden.

The goats have also voted with the their feet (hoofs) and are nowhere to be seen on Pen Dinas, which is usually a sign of us being in for a gusty time.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #596 on: April 01, 2015, 08:23:46 am »
I've had to put my house number on all the green garden waste bags and also the green stacker bins that they have provided as they often end up in some other garden.
I tend not to put them out when it's very windy as it saves the hassle of clearing up in the morning

Offline hollins

« Reply #597 on: April 01, 2015, 02:09:55 pm »
It was very windy here last night and the wind has taken it's toll on my Daffodils but at least most of them are ok.  The gusts of wind in Capel Curig reached 97 mph last night so any Daffodils there would have taken a battering.
I've had to put all the garden furniture down again to save it from wind damage and that must be about the 7th time this Winter that I've had to do that.

The daffs have taken a battering here too. The poor things are all turning their heads to the south away from the wind but there are many casualties as you can see in one of these photos.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #598 on: April 05, 2015, 01:39:46 pm »
You have a lovely selection of Daffodils in your garden Hollins, shame about the winds this week but hopefully it won't be too windy for the rest to survive.
These in my front garden were the lucky ones this week.

Offline hollins

« Reply #599 on: April 08, 2015, 09:04:32 pm »
It's camellia time.