Author Topic: Gardening  (Read 341116 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Gardening
« Reply #1020 on: March 26, 2020, 02:16:55 pm »
The latest park benches have arrived in town

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1021 on: March 26, 2020, 02:40:55 pm »
Social distancing at it's best.    brilliant .

Offline Cordyline

« Reply #1022 on: March 27, 2020, 09:50:38 am »
Was bored yesterday - so made this placard

Offline Hugo

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1024 on: March 31, 2020, 01:52:13 pm »
Think I am beyond bad language now Hugo. Last night at 10pm my OH who is not good on his feet was shifting at least 20 of the d**n things which were eating the hedges outside us and neighbours. It really makes me see red when people say how wonderful they are. Yes they are, but in their own environment which isn't in the streets and gardens of the town. The pavements this morning are foul.....and they stink !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1025 on: March 31, 2020, 04:20:28 pm »
Think I am beyond bad language now Hugo. Last night at 10pm my OH who is not good on his feet was shifting at least 20 of the d**n things which were eating the hedges outside us and neighbours. It really makes me see red when people say how wonderful they are. Yes they are, but in their own environment which isn't in the streets and gardens of the town. The pavements this morning are foul.....and they stink !

Yes,Nem, same again the other day, five youngsters chomping through whats left, and of course they destroy what they have not eaten trying to get out of the garden, they even got a mention on the BBC, and a quote from town councillor Carol Marubbi, "She said everyone in Llandudno was "very proud" of the animals and they had been providing "free entertainment" to people from their windows"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52103967

I mentioned before about a neighbour having his car damaged, this morning Mrs H. was linked to someone who mentioned they spotted a goat on a car bonnet, I am sure the owner will be very proud they chose his vehicle, they also shared a photo posted by Jason Manford, now that's added something else to their repertoire.

PS as I pressed to post, Mrs H called through, there has been a post mentioning the goats from Sri lanka, their fame or infamy is spreading.

Offline hollins

« Reply #1026 on: April 09, 2020, 04:43:53 pm »
I am happy to report that the very slow to start magnolia has 5 flowers on it for the first time this year.
How sad to think of all those beautiful flowers appearing at Bodnant and nobody can see them.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1027 on: April 09, 2020, 05:05:05 pm »
Lovely cheerful photos Hollin's, hope you are all keeping well.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1028 on: April 09, 2020, 05:11:30 pm »
Lovely photos Hollins, my Camellias have had no flowers whatsoever but they have had a temporary reprieve from the chop for this year anyway 

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1029 on: April 09, 2020, 06:35:18 pm »
Lovely photos Hollins, my Camellias have had no flowers whatsoever but they have had a temporary reprieve from the chop for this year anyway

The goats ate mine. I have some very decorative stalks !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DVT

« Reply #1030 on: April 09, 2020, 09:20:19 pm »
How sad to think of all those beautiful flowers appearing at Bodnant and nobody can see them.

My third week missed in 4 years of "working" in Bodnant - just at a time when it's arguably at it's most colourful.  Except for a few the full-time staff have been furloughed.  Hopefully we will get some pics through depending on who is there!  Some of us are sharing photos from last year to remind ourselves of what we're missing!

We should get back there in time for the fantastic autumn colours.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1031 on: April 12, 2020, 11:51:44 am »
Easter greetings, and best wishes to everyone, I feel privileged, although under lock down, I am able to experience my garden, particularly
this year. 

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1032 on: April 17, 2020, 04:00:30 pm »
These yellow flowers grow quite easily under my Magnolia and they only open up when the Sun comes out,  I think they are weeds but they look nice and I haven't got the heart to pull them up while they are still flowering

Offline DVT

« Reply #1033 on: April 17, 2020, 04:07:38 pm »
Your "yellow flowering weeds" are Lesser Celandines, usually regarded as a weed but a weed is merely a plant that is growing where you don't want it to!  Common in woodland areas along with the white wood anemones, bluebells and suchlike.

I'd leave them as they are attractive but just keep an eye on them spreading, they could end up in your lawn!  Cut back if necessary (or dig out the new ones and replant somewhere else!)

I am not a gardener, please note!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1034 on: April 17, 2020, 06:47:45 pm »
Thanks for the advice DVT  and I'll keep my eye on them as I have a lot of other things growing under the Magnolia too

Your too modest DVT and a better gardener than me