Author Topic: Guto Bebb MP  (Read 31073 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Guto Bebb MP
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 05:06:50 pm »
A great pity that we are represented by an individual of such disingenuous perceptions and incompetent rhetoric.

I couldn't agree more, what a plonker but I'm afraid that there are many more like him in Politics.   The vote against only just got through but didn't express the feeling of the voting public who are very much against the action proposed by Cameron.
How would the UK feel if Syria or any other country in the world wanted to interfere in the internal affairs of Northern Ireland when it was at the height of its troubles?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2013, 12:05:22 am »
A superb analogy Hugo, and we are no more fit to intervene in any such matters these days than the Syrians would be in N Ireland.

Ian (Moderator Ian) is entirely correct, and he would usually use the 'quote or copy' function of this forum to pick apart every vacuous statement made by that pathetic politician.  I assume he could not be bothered wasting his time.

We are all sickened, saddened, appalled (and the rest) by what we see perpetrated in Syria, but we feel the same about Angola, N Korea, Yemen, Palestine.... the list is endless.
We poked our noses into Iraq and Afghanistan..... we waltzed into Libya within days of sniffing a problem.
However, we never seem to make a positive difference anywhere,  we don't fully understand it and we are obsessed with making some short term political (or financial) gain.

Guto Bebb and his like should be swept aside, forced to get an honest job for once in their lives and devoutly ignored when it comes to risking the lives of British citizens.    They make me sick.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2013, 05:01:40 pm »
From the office of Guto Bebb:

"Dear Business Operator and Resident,

WE WANT TO WORK

I would like to invite you to join me on 19th September 2013 at the Imperial Hotel, Llandudno between 1pm and 3pm to meet Jobseekers who are “Work Ready”, senior representatives from A4E whose recruitment services are funded by government and members of staff from our local Job Centre in Llandudno.

We all know that people are the biggest asset of any business, however large or small.  There are many government initiatives and incentives currently available to employers that can help you invest in your workforce and expand your business.  I want to share with you, some of the local inspiring success stories which I hope may encourage you to support local jobseekers.

Tea and Coffee will be available from 1pm and I would be most grateful if you could indicate whether you will be able to attend so that we may make the appropriate catering arrangements.

Yours sincerely

Guto

Guto Bebb"
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2013, 04:42:41 am »
Tell O'Barmy to get John Wayne and his Merry Men on the case!

Team O'Barmy World Police

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2013, 12:51:17 pm »
 Dear Constituent,

I should like to invite you to attend one of the three events that I am holding in the constituency this summer.  These events are an informal opportunity for me to tell you what I am doing in Parliament, what plans the government has for the next parliamentary session and also an opportunity for you to ask questions about my work as an MP either in Westminster or here in Aberconwy.  Since you did me the honour of electing me to represent Aberconwy in Parliament, much has happened both at home and abroad and I am keen to hear any comments you have on both domestic and international issues.

Refreshments will be provided and therefore it would be useful if you would be kind enough to indicate if you are able to attend to assist with catering arrangements.

I look forward to meeting with you and hearing your views.

Kindest regards,

Guto

Eagles Hotel, Llanrwst – 6.30pm – 19th September 2013
Beach Café, Llanfairfechan – 6.30pm – 26th September 2013
Imperial Hotel, Llandudno – 6.30pm – 3rd October 2013
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2013, 11:14:10 pm »
  These events are an informal opportunity for me to tell you what I am doing in Parliament, what plans the government has for the next parliamentary session and also an opportunity for you to ask questions about my work as an MP either in Westminster or here in Aberconwy.

Given the subject matter, these meetings should be of very short duration I would imagine.   10 seconds maybe?
Fester...

Offline Blongb

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2013, 11:33:41 pm »

Given the subject matter, these meetings should be of very short duration I would imagine.   10 seconds maybe?

Just enough time to tell him I'm thinking of voting UKIP next time and then watch his face drop.     $uk

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2013, 11:52:37 am »
Dear Constituent,
 Since you did me the honour of electing me to represent Aberconwy in Parliament. . . . . . .

Did you do that all on your own B, or did you get a little help from your friends?   How does he know you voted for him anyway?  Or is it NOT a Secret Ballot anymore?    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Kowalski

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2013, 08:11:47 pm »

Just enough time to tell him I'm thinking of voting UKIP next time and then watch his face drop.     $uk

Please leave your Middle England xenophobia at the Welsh border. Thank You.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2013, 08:43:28 pm »
What is UKIP's policy on Welsh independence anyway?

Offline Kowalski

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2013, 10:11:56 pm »
If they were a logical party they wouldn't mind if Wales wanted to be independent of something they didn't want to be but their party isn't full of logic, it's full of disaffected cranks that get angry about "them" rather than logic. When was the last week that one of their elected politicians wasn't outed as a reactionary moron?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2013, 12:22:04 am »
Oh God, more politics.....
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2013, 09:08:52 am »
To be fair, this is a political topic...

8)
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2013, 12:24:19 am »
To be fair, this is a political topic...

8)

Indeed it is Ian, and I have no one to blame but myself for clicking on it!  :(
Fester...

Offline Blongb

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2013, 12:35:19 am »

Please leave your Middle England xenophobia at the Welsh border. Thank You.

In a Free Society Kowalski having an opinion about the current state of affairs in our Country is my Democratic right and in no way makes me Middle English or xenophobic.

I've earned the right by serving my County for 10 years in places you wouldn't go even if they paid you. I've worked all my life and paid more than my share of Tax and National Insurance to help support misguided idiots of your generation.

That gives me the right. Can you say the same? or are you just full of hot air and pseudo babbling  claptrap.