• Management board member
Re: Tenby
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2011, 01:46:43 pm »
Caldy Island

Offline hollins

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2011, 05:45:32 pm »
Nice to see your holiday photos Hugo. I am glad you had better weather than we did.
I was interested especially in the ones of the island as I have never been there. Looks lovely, lucky you!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2011, 05:54:07 pm »
I have tried all sorts of settings on my camera to do close ups but they have all been a disaster so far.
You just need to select the macro option on your camera, which looks like this:

..and make sure that the camera is not too close to the flower etc, as it will not be able to focus onto it.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 05:24:08 pm »
If you go back to Tenby Hollins try and go over to Caldy Island as I'm sure that you will like it there.   We also  enjoyed our time in Laugharne  and just wished that the coach would have stayed there a bit longer.
The car park by the small bridge had a notice on it saying not to park there an hour before and after high tide as  the car park floods when it is high tide.  Our timing was ok because the tide was low when we got there.

Offline hollins

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2015, 02:25:33 pm »
Some brave/mad souls in a very wild and windy Tenby today. Hangover cure maybe?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2015, 06:21:17 pm »
I am sponsoring a friend who was doing the sea dip in Amroth today, but the last I heard was that it was very wild, so I don't know if it went ahead! $walesflag$
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline hollins

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2015, 06:44:03 pm »
There was a charity swim in Saundersfoot that did take place today. Not sure if that was the same one though. Good luck to them as it was horrible weather.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/more-1000-swimmers-take-part-6459682

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 09:17:42 am »
Thanks for that Hollins. This would Have been a much smaller event. Each year they have a 'theme' last year was James Bond, the year before was Smurfs and this year was Minions ! I am still waiting to hear if it actually happened !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2015, 09:45:57 am »
Good luck to them as it was horrible weather.

If the air temperature is extremely cold, then swimming in the sea in New Year probably feels quite warm. Mind you, getting out's another story...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline hollins

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2015, 11:02:03 am »
Here are a few snaps of a walk we did on New Year's Day from Saundersfoot to Amroth and back. Super coastal scenery down there too.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2015, 12:03:54 pm »
I'm pleased that you had a nice walk on New Year's Day, as long as you wear warm clothes it's always nice to get out on a nice Winter's day.
Our hotel in Tenby was near where you took those photos from and the sea did look rough.  It made me wonder though what it must be like for those people who live in that converted Lifeboat house, I bet they would feel the force of that weather.

Offline hollins

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2015, 12:12:28 pm »
 :-}}}
Sorry, I made a mistake there. The sunny walk was Jan 2nd.
We walked past the lifeboat house on New Year's Day when the weather was quite different. The blinds were all down and it looked a very chilly scene there with the wind blowing strongly too.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2015, 12:54:55 pm »
I saw a TV programme about the Lifeboat house being converted into someone's home and it was really interesting.   It's quite unique but I don't know whether I'd like to live there as there's no privacy and that Winter weather too.
This is the photo of the hotel we stayed at when we visited Tenby and it isn't far from where you took your photos,  The hotel is a bit quirky in the layout but the food was delicious

Offline hollins

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2015, 01:37:37 pm »
Yes, I saw that programme too. I think it was Grand Designs.