Author Topic: Tragedy in Goa  (Read 2575 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Tragedy in Goa
« on: February 20, 2012, 08:36:45 am »
This has absolutely nothing to do with the three towns, indeed I doubt it even gets a mention in the u k press.
However, I am so upset I must tell someone. Two days ago, Saturday, should have been the start of the three days annual carnival in Pangim, the capital. I was undecided whether to go to watch the opening parade at 3 o'clock and the crowning of King Momo. But I decided against it because it involved a one hour journey and a ferry crossing which is well crowded even ona normal day.

t 12 30 that morning a loaded bus went off the loading ramp at another ferry a bit further upriver. Ended up nose down in the river. Four young children on their way home from school drowned, plus at least two adults.

The whole three days carnival was immediately cancelled in respect. But I just cannot get it out of my mind, I have been close to tears for two days. Mike

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
Re: Tragedy in Goa
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 09:28:30 am »
So sorry to hear about this Mike, it’s a terrible thing to happen,   it must be so upsetting for the whole community. One thing about tragedies like this is that it  will bring people closer together. I hope you are ok, thank you for sharing this, my  thoughts and prayers go to you and  all involved.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 02:11:36 pm »
My thoughts are the same Mike, we all feel for everyone concerned in tragedies like that one and as you've got such a close affinity to the Country and people there you'll feel it more than most. 

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 07:30:43 am »
Thanks Hugo, but I must be honest, I haven't got much of a special affinity to Goa. Yes I like it here, but if I had unlimited cash I rather think I would be elsewhere.
  My room that I rent is decent and has most basic facilities, and costs me well under my u k gas and electric bills at this time of year. The tiny amount of electrics use, my landlordjustthrowsthatin. Mike

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 01:01:33 pm »
So sorry that you are upset especially when far away from home.
Hope it doesn't spoil things for you.
We are missing your funny tales!
Are you able to post us some snaps?