Author Topic: New Book  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
New Book
« on: February 12, 2012, 08:28:22 am »
Has anyone else bought a copy of the new (ish) book "Loves Lost in Llandudno? " I have been waiting for Waterstones to stock it as I had a token to spend, but after a long wait and fruitless enquiries I bought it from the little shop in Madoc Street.
So far I have found it really interesting and it has some great pics of the old theatres and cinemas.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

Re: New Book - Loves lost in Llandudno
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 08:50:06 am »
Last year, we went along to the official launch of the book at Venue Cymru on Monday, 3rd October.

There was a short film show about the making of the book followed by a presentation by the author, Terry Davies.

However, there had been a delay at the publishers so we paid for the book there and then and it did actually take some time to finally come through in the post.

Nemesis, this may help to explain the delay you experienced.

Unlike my missus, I am not an avid reader so with the book not being full of photographs I must confess it is still waiting for me to make a start on it.

Offline Nemesis

Re: New Book
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 11:41:00 am »
Thanks for the info Bri. Hope you get round to reading the book as it is very interesting.
There is a small piece about when Dancing Waters came to Llandudno which amused me, the backstage staff got fed up with the promotors who were German, so on the last night they put bubble bath in the reservoirs ! Having been carted to see this as a child when on holiday, I rather wish that I had been there on that night ! ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.