Author Topic: Inline Advertising  (Read 29377 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: Inline Advertising
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2012, 10:07:59 pm »
Quite ironic that a post moaning about advertising has got to more pages much quicker than most of the actual topics!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2012, 01:00:58 am »
Oh, GOD!!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2012, 08:44:19 am »
I thought you were on holiday anyway?

Not exactly a holiday, more an escape from the freezing weather!   Have  free IT facilities so making use of them.    $good$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2012, 09:09:06 am »
Does this mean lots of Portuguese quiz questions on the way soon?  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2012, 09:45:27 am »
That question attracts a most definite "NO!"   Some Zambian one maybe!  ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2014, 04:28:55 pm »
No, what I am saying is that if we must contribute, which is OK with me, it should be on a level playing field where we ALL contribute, and not a system that has been decided on the hoof which favours those who have been members for a long time.  IF we had been given some information BEFORE the adverts and green things appeared, we would not be having this conversation.  It seems that today three of you have come up with different ideas regarding the adverts/green things, it should have been sorted before, not on the live board.   I will be happy to pay whatever it costs, but it should be everyone who pays.  I think whatever route you choose, it will, in the long term result in fewer members on the forum.  Additionally, what is annoying is the fact that in the vast majority of cases the green words appear at random and have little or no relevance to the adverts attached to the link.  Some posts have none, while other posts containing the same words, are riddled with them.
But I'm afraid 99% of our 550+ membership will never contribute financially. That's a fact. Craig Ollerton used to have a PayPal Donate button on here back in the 'Llandudno Local' days - he told me that he never received a single donation through it...

I'm a member of many Forums but don't pay to be a member of any of them. Most of them have adverts, including inline ones. To be honest, I don't even notice they are there. I think most people realise that viewing adverts is a valid substitute for any sort of membership fee. All websites have domain and hosting costs that must be paid for, one way or the other.

Anyone can become 'ad free' by contributing on a regular basis - it really doesn't take that long. The people who already have 250+ posts are the ones that we must thank for this Forum being here at all - they were here at the start and helped to build it up. They've earned it, in my opinion...and anyone can join their ranks. It's not a closed shop!

So..to summarise...members can opt to view the adverts, contribute £5 to have them removed early or contribute to the Forum by means of regular posting and have them removed that way.

I have 470 posts shouldn't I be an ad free member by now?  :rage:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2014, 05:20:48 pm »
Of course you should. Which Admin did you ask to upgrade you to Ad Free member?  ???

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2014, 02:46:51 pm »
Of course you should. Which Admin did you ask to upgrade you to Ad Free member?  ???

Fester  Z** ££$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2014, 03:21:35 pm »
I shall have him summoned to a special meeting of the Forum Executive Committee for a dressing down. In the meantime, you now have Ad Free status.  Z**

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2014, 10:14:08 pm »

Fester  Z** ££$

Fester Darts Treasurer,
Fester not Forum Admin
B2R = Crap Darts Player and pseudo Irishman.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2014, 12:18:19 pm »

Fester  Z** ££$

Fester  Corrupt Darts Treasurer,
Fester Drunken Forum Admin
B2R = Fantastic darts player and all round good chap.

Z**Totally agree