Author Topic: System Announcements  (Read 146991 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: System Announcements
« Reply #285 on: April 18, 2018, 12:01:54 pm »
I'll do my best  ;)    I was going to give you a "Thumbs up" or a "Well done" even a "Thanks" but you will have to make do with  :P

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #286 on: April 18, 2018, 01:16:20 pm »
Thanks, Steve. It's been interesting.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #287 on: April 18, 2018, 07:04:39 pm »
Folks: don't worry if smileys start appearing where they shouldn't. I'm trying to restore our full set and that takes a bit of fiddling.  Thanks for your patience..
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Mike

« Reply #288 on: April 27, 2018, 07:15:42 pm »
My saved login in my browser didn't work anymore since the crash. I've saved again and see that the old one was for
http://threetownsforum.co.uk
and the new one is for
http://www.threetownsforum.co.uk

My bookmark/shortcut is for http://threetownsforum.co.uk but it now redirects to http://www.threetownsforum.co.uk so assume this new redirect is the cause.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #289 on: April 27, 2018, 07:44:05 pm »
Shouldn't be. The site hasn't moved and the 'www.' prefix isn't really used these days, as there are no rules that it has to be. Either will work, so I'd simply bookmark the log in page again.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #290 on: April 28, 2018, 11:35:21 pm »
My saved log in doesn’t work either.
More annoyingly, when I do log in, it says I’ve been timed out....so I have to log in twice.
The Forum is one of a few sites, including BBC News, which is doing this to me ever since I upgraded my iPad to version 11.3
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #291 on: April 29, 2018, 12:04:56 am »
i have to do the same first log in says timed out second one ok but only takes a second to log in

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #292 on: April 29, 2018, 04:58:55 pm »
More annoyingly, when I do log in, it says I’ve been timed out....so I have to log in twice.
The Forum is one of a few sites, including BBC News, which is doing this to me ever since I upgraded my iPad to version 11.3

I’m using 11.3 without any problem. I leave the page open in Safari and just select the tab when I want to visit the site and it keeps me logged in.
Valar Morghulis

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #293 on: April 29, 2018, 07:11:49 pm »
Love your avatar SDQ, made me chuckle!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #294 on: April 30, 2018, 12:27:54 am »

I’m using 11.3 without any problem. I leave the page open in Safari and just select the tab when I want to visit the site and it keeps me logged in.
Can you do that on iPad though?
I’ll see if that works.
Fester...

Offline squigglev2

« Reply #295 on: April 30, 2018, 03:22:01 pm »
You may have found an answer but as another thought.  I don’t know the device or OS but going by past experience where I helped out on a couple of sites, I’d say a lot of this type of problem is caused by corrupt cookies or cache.  Can you clear the old data?

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #296 on: April 30, 2018, 06:05:15 pm »

Can you do that on iPad though?
I’ll see if that works.

Sorry, should have said I was using an iPad Pro.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #297 on: April 30, 2018, 11:08:51 pm »
You may have found an answer but as another thought.  I don’t know the device or OS but going by past experience where I helped out on a couple of sites, I’d say a lot of this type of problem is caused by corrupt cookies or cache.  Can you clear the old data?

Not on an iPad Squiggle, only on laptops I believe.
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #298 on: May 01, 2018, 07:11:18 am »
That's not strictly true...  You can connect an iPad up to a computer running iTunes, then access things through the iTunes interface. It's not, however, that easy to do what you want, but a system reset of the iPad might sort things out.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #299 on: May 01, 2018, 11:42:01 am »

Not on an iPad Squiggle, only on laptops I believe.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
Valar Morghulis