Author Topic: System Announcements  (Read 154798 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: System Announcements
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2011, 07:51:18 am »
No, can't be... I haven't said a word against the Freemasons for ages!

:twoface:
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2011, 06:42:13 pm »
So why have we lost a load of pictures from some posts?  The name Photbucket seems to appear as having removed them.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2011, 08:01:52 pm »
So why have we lost a load of pictures from some posts?  The name Photbucket seems to appear as having removed them.
Photobucket is a photo hosting website, obviously they must be having a few problems.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2011, 08:05:59 pm »
Seems to be working fine for me.  :D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2011, 06:32:13 pm »
Eagle eyed members will have noticed that a couple of minor changes have been made to the Forum.

Besides each post, the Post Count, Rank and Stars information has been removed, with the Membership now simply divided into Members and Admins. The idea behind this is to remove a problem often found on Forums, whereby newer members are unwilling to post or disagree with someone they perceive as a senior member (based upon their number of posts).

As I've often said, all views and opinions are welcome here and we want to encourage as many people as possible to join in.  :)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2011, 06:45:30 pm »
Perhaps another system change should be the search function.
It seems to be 'case sensitive' .. and also the heirarchy in which it operates seems to function oddly.
A few problems with this recently, where I had not used a capital letter in the word... but then when I amended it, the item was found

Another example, I was searching for the thread about Llandudno Hotels, (and it wasn't in any of the sections I expected), so I searched... and still couldn't find it.
Still can't find it...

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2011, 07:33:02 pm »
Perhaps another system change should be the search function.
I have just modified the Search facility. Try it again:

http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=search

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2011, 11:25:52 pm »
Whatever you did behind the scenes, seems to have improved the search functionality.

Good work, that man,    Y^^Y Y^^Y
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2011, 11:02:30 am »
Eagle eyed members will have noticed that a couple of minor changes have been made to the Forum.

Besides each post, the Post Count, Rank and Stars information has been removed, with the Membership now simply divided into Members and Admins. The idea behind this is to remove a problem often found on Forums, whereby newer members are unwilling to post or disagree with someone they perceive as a senior member (based upon their number of posts).

As I've often said, all views and opinions are welcome here and we want to encourage as many people as possible to join in.  :)
Well done-- I have always thought it was a daft idea !!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2011, 08:16:15 am »
Please note that at some point in the next day or so the forum will be taken off line.  This is so we can upgrade the forum to the new version, which is necessary as SMF no longer support the current version. 

The forum will be offline for about 10 minutes, and, when you return, it will look different but it will also be a more efficient system. Thanks for your patience.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2011, 10:44:27 am »
The Forum Software has had a major upgrade to the latest version this morning. As a consequence, it now looks a bit different but essentially functions in the same way. All Members should be able to login and post as normal.

Current Issues:
The Photo Gallery is currently unavailable.
YouTube links etc will not automatically display in posts.

We are currently working on these issues and hope to have them rectified within the next day or so. If you discover any other issues, please let us know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2011, 11:11:19 am »
The Photo Gallery has now been successfully reinstalled. It can be found under the 'media' link at the top of the screen. I will probably change it to 'Photo Gallery' when I get a minute.
http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=media

The automatic display of YouTube video has been re-enabled.

If you spot anything else not working as it should, please let us know.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2011, 11:29:41 am »
I see that the numbers of posts are being shown again.  I think members agreed that it was better when these were turned off. 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2011, 11:44:45 am »
I see that the numbers of posts are being shown again.  I think members agreed that it was better when these were turned off.
Your wish is my command...  ;D

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2011, 12:10:17 pm »
That's quick work.   $thanx$