Author Topic: System Announcements  (Read 154799 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: System Announcements
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2011, 02:38:40 pm »
Thanks
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2011, 12:32:50 pm »
PC Mike Smith has requested that I remove the Policing Issues thread, as he feels that it is not serving the purpose it was set up for. I have reluctantly complied with his request as I thought it provided a useful interface between the Police and the Community. However, he will still be reading the Forum and can also be contacted directly via e-mail at Michael.Smith@nthwales.pnn.police.uk or by ringing 07800 991219.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2011, 01:33:26 pm »
That's a real shame, I thought it was very useful and had hoped for a similar thread to cover other areas  :(   
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

brumbob

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2011, 04:54:35 pm »
PC Mike Smith has requested that I remove the Policing Issues thread, as he feels that it is not serving the purpose it was set up for.
What exactly was that purpose  ???

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2011, 05:09:30 pm »
Well i would have thought the purpose was as Dave said,

''it provided a useful interface between the Police and the Community.''

We were being informed of what was happening, usually we complain that we do not get told anything about what is going on, it's a pity to lose it!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

brumbob

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2011, 05:41:25 pm »
Well i would have thought the purpose was as Dave said,

''it provided a useful interface between the Police and the Community.''

We were being informed of what was happening, usually we complain that we do not get told anything about what is going on, it's a pity to lose it!
OK, I'll rephrase that, why isn't it serving its purpose

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2011, 09:08:32 pm »
Because certain people like to criticise for the sake of it... for no constructive reason.

Mike didn't need to spend time communicating on here, but he tried it, and encountered a high degree of negativity.
That was not the case when he did a similar thing in Penmaenmawr (apparently)

I was hoping that Mike would rise above it, but no.  He must have deemed it a waste of his valuable time.
Personally, if I was him, I would have ignored the 'nay-sayers' and pressed on with the course I believed to be right.
Thats his right.

I hope he now spends his time locking up scumbags...  sadly, we will hear much less about it.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2011, 09:08:44 am »
I agree it's a great shame that the Policing Issues thread has been removed.  Apart from the recent problem, which seemed to have been sorted out, it was indeed providing "a useful interface between the police and the community". 

Thanks for trying, PC Mike.  Would you consider reinstating the thread?  I'm sure that there are many Forum members who appreciated it but just haven't said so. 

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2011, 09:18:02 am »
I have suggested to him by PM that we can create a new topic, in which only he and the two of us could post, and through which he could post information and responses to requests sent in to him via email and the PM system.  That would seem to address his concerns.  The Policing Issues thread would remain as  a place in  which the topic of general policing could be discussed.  But it's up to Mike, of course.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2011, 09:24:10 am »
That sounds a good idea, Ian.  It would be a pity to lose this source of information and contact.  I hope you agree, Mike!

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2011, 01:24:29 pm »
Only just caught up with events and am saddened at what appears to have happened. I hope PC Mike will not be discouraged by recent events and will hopefully take up Ian's excellent suggestion.

I probably regard myself as 'one of the silent majority' when it comes to  being involved in discussion threads. I enjoy some of what I read but some comments drive me to distraction, and I therefore resist being involved and often do not even bother with the topic.
In this case, I think PC Mike's initiative should have been encouraged as it was an excellent additional system of communication with the general public. After all as someone else has said, we need to know more about what is happening in our localities and we all need to work as a partnership with the police - they will need our help at times and no doubt we may well need their's.

I am tempted to say more, but on the basis that it might contravene the Forum's T & Cs, I will resist.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2011, 09:06:12 am »
Just to remind folks, that if you read text that's a different colour (bluer) than the rest, it means you can click on it.

There are two ways you can place a link in your text:

One way is simply to copy and paste the entire url:

http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=114.msg954#msg954

But there's a more elegant way.
Look for text coloured like this/  That means it's a hyperlink and will redirect you to the destination url without having to print the entire URL in full.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2011, 10:46:08 am »
I've merged several older topics in the Local into a single thread: Tourist developments which should make it easier for visitors to find what they're looking for.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2011, 03:17:44 pm »
There is currently a problem at our Hosting Company and users may experience delays in accessing the Forum. We have deployed a man with a large hammer to rectify the problem. :rage:

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2011, 12:38:18 am »
No, can't be... I haven't said a word against the Freemasons for ages!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -