Poll

What do you think should be the way forward for the Pier Pavilion site?

Modern design, as put forward by Mr Waldron, featuring restaurants, apartments etc
4 (6.1%)
Recreation of original Pier Pavilion design, but with leisure and entertainment facilities inside
50 (75.8%)
Larger version of original design, with leisure, entertainment and apartments included
8 (12.1%)
Leave site empty for another 20 years
4 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site  (Read 384359 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site
« Reply #1110 on: February 12, 2020, 01:10:43 pm »
At present, there doesn’t appear to be any visible reason why it cannot reopen.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1111 on: February 12, 2020, 01:55:13 pm »
What on earth is Waldron up to?    The site looks worse than before he started on the development and access from the Promenade looks hazardous at best
There were no workers on the site unless there were deep sea divers  lurking below the waters in the greenish lake, perhaps they are working on his site in Glan Conwy?     &shake&

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1112 on: February 12, 2020, 03:37:53 pm »
At present, there doesn’t appear to be any visible reason why it cannot reopen.

Was there not a considerable amount of work to be done under the pier deck before the Happy Valley gates could re-open? It was supposed to happen during the summer and then it was scheduled for the start of this year. I also thought someone posted Health & Safety threatened to limit numbers on the pier until the gate was able to be re-opened.

Offline mull

« Reply #1113 on: February 12, 2020, 05:29:52 pm »
Who would be responsible if children got into that site and came to harm ?

See Network rail have just been fined over £1m after a young person was seriously injured in Bescot Yard. Even though they had no right on the site. Judge said NR had not done enough to stop access.

Crazy old world !

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1114 on: February 12, 2020, 09:28:41 pm »
Was there not a considerable amount of work to be done under the pier deck before the Happy Valley gates could re-open?

We walked down the pier a few days ago and the area on the pier behind those gates was clear.

It must be quite a while since that area has been that clear.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1115 on: February 13, 2020, 10:44:55 am »
Who would be responsible if children got into that site and came to harm ?

See Network rail have just been fined over £1m after a young person was seriously injured in Bescot Yard. Even though they had no right on the site. Judge said NR had not done enough to stop access.

Crazy old world !

I tend to agree. By that somewhat odd logic, who is responsible if someone falls from the Orme? In the most recent case, I see they're trying to blame the Scout Association. Why, I wonder, does society always look for someone on whom to pin blame?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1116 on: February 13, 2020, 12:00:05 pm »
Was there not a considerable amount of work to be done under the pier deck before the Happy Valley gates could re-open?

We walked down the pier a few days ago and the area on the pier behind those gates was clear.

It must be quite a while since that area has been that clear.

Has that awful storage container next to the old bait shop been moved? It was very unsightly there.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1117 on: February 13, 2020, 03:14:30 pm »
If you are referring to the other side of the entrance gate then I do not know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1118 on: February 14, 2020, 04:26:23 pm »
Has that awful storage container next to the old bait shop been moved? It was very unsightly there.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1119 on: February 15, 2020, 01:13:26 pm »
The steelwork under the decking in the photograph above is in desperate need of replacing,but Mr Williams is waiting to see what happens with the Pavilion site before he commits to investing in several thousands of pounds to replace it, and who can blame him.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Blongb

« Reply #1120 on: February 15, 2020, 01:49:37 pm »
The street Light at the top of Hugo's first picture has just been disconnected electrically, prior to its removal, along with the pay and display ticket machine so that Mr Waldron can circumvent his access problems. The only problem with that, is the site access will now be from the middle of North Parade, down an access ramp with a downward slope approaching 50°, with no room for the vehicle wheel washing provision required in the planning permission. The stupidity of attempting access in this manner prompted me to write to the HSE, who unfortunately failed to respond in the manner I would have expected. I do however have their responses on file and should the inevitable happen, I will be in a position to forward them on, hopefully not to the Coroner.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1121 on: February 15, 2020, 01:54:17 pm »
We did the work in that area early 70 s not easy, the lad that works on there now say we must have been daft no safety gear them days 😂 Nobody got hurt though.

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1122 on: February 15, 2020, 07:04:18 pm »
The street Light at the top of Hugo's first picture has just been disconnected electrically, prior to its removal, along with the pay and display ticket machine.

Why is he allowed to do this or are the council 'assisting' him? Bet we never see that historical street light again.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1123 on: February 15, 2020, 08:33:24 pm »
Is it the council or Mostyn est assisting Waldro, no doubt that light will be dumped in builder street 😡.

Offline Blongb

« Reply #1124 on: February 16, 2020, 11:05:20 am »
Is it the council or Mostyn est assisting Waldro, no doubt that light will be dumped in builder street 😡.

It's the Council Norman, as Mostyn installed the Bollards. As for the street light it will be reinstalled as they are all listed within the so called "Conservation Area"