Poll

What do you think should be the way forward for the Pier Pavilion site?

Modern design, as put forward by Mr Waldron, featuring restaurants, apartments etc
4 (6.1%)
Recreation of original Pier Pavilion design, but with leisure and entertainment facilities inside
50 (75.8%)
Larger version of original design, with leisure, entertainment and apartments included
8 (12.1%)
Leave site empty for another 20 years
4 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site  (Read 379719 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site
« Reply #555 on: December 09, 2016, 11:45:50 am »
Mostyn Estates have no interest in the Pavilion site, as far as I know.

So why did they reportedly do the recent groundworks on the site?

Mostyn Estates have paid for a Mechanical Digger which is clearing the Pier Pavilion Site today, so they can carry out a survey tomorrow which will enable them to check the feasibility of the site for redevelopment, although they don't own the site at the moment.

Mostyn Estates would never pay for something like that unless they had some vested interest in the place, so it's all very strange.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #556 on: December 09, 2016, 11:49:26 am »

As far as a Compulsory Purchase goes, CCBC did one on the derelict market hall in Colwyn Bay. They bought the site, cleared it and fenced it off. It's now sitting there until a developer is found to take on the site.

Absolutely no reason why they couldn't have done the same with the Pavilion site.

That is exactly the point I was trying to make and I can see no reason why it wasn't done at the time.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #557 on: December 09, 2016, 03:46:43 pm »
Mostyn Estates have no interest in the Pavilion site, as far as I know.

So why did they reportedly do the recent groundworks on the site?

Mostyn Estates have paid for a Mechanical Digger which is clearing the Pier Pavilion Site today, so they can carry out a survey tomorrow which will enable them to check the feasibility of the site for redevelopment, although they don't own the site at the moment.

I think you'll find that Mr Waldron paid for that work.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #558 on: December 09, 2016, 03:50:30 pm »
That makes more sense, but how do you know that Mr Waldron paid for that?

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #559 on: December 11, 2016, 08:16:50 pm »
Mr Waldron's latest development at Glan Conwy
quaydevelopmentsconwy@outlook.com

Offline Hugo

« Reply #560 on: December 11, 2016, 10:36:06 pm »
That link is just his e-mail address. 

I see that John Leslie Pritchard and Alan Waldron are directors in the Quay Developments  Conwy Company and noticed it had a Statement of Capital of  GBP   1,000

At least that's enough for the firm's Christmas Party

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwix8vrOmu3QAhWIdVAKHdB0BMQQFggnMAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.manchestercheck.com%2Fuk%2F09872859%2Fquay-developments-conwy-ltd&usg=AFQjCNEweIjaPOGvVk2a1fM03E5W2N9Tvw

Offline CMG

« Reply #561 on: December 15, 2016, 05:22:37 pm »
I have just read this thread right from page 1, wow what a saga.  I know absolutely nothing about how land is actually valued but it seems to me that unless someone (anyone) can get planning permission the land is, to all intents and purpose, worthless!  If the owner is still the same person (just moving it around companies) AND Waldron hasn't actually bought it yet, if he doesn't get planning permission and LBC he won't want to take up the option. Thus the original owner will be stuck with it still.  Holding out for a big ticket price doesn't seem to be working for him! 
The 2011 plans for a hotel never even made it into the planning department, they got booted out before that stage AND a development brief was subsequently written by the council. That development brief still stands and is what Waldron says he has based his plans on.   :o no way! The man is a philistine.  $angry$

Online SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #562 on: December 15, 2016, 08:47:51 pm »
Busy first day CMG ......... Welcome    $good$

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #563 on: December 24, 2016, 11:18:10 am »
Waldron and his cohorts are certainly out of touch with reality.  &shake&
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #564 on: December 28, 2016, 09:49:49 am »
It will be interesting to see the revised design for the Pavilion site. I'm sure we would all wish to see a building of appropriate design replacing the current eyesore and creating a few new attractions and jobs in the town.  $good$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #565 on: December 28, 2016, 05:36:05 pm »
I thought that Waldron wasn't going to change the plan or scale it down, but then he does say one thing and then does something else.

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #566 on: December 30, 2016, 11:31:57 am »
I thought that Waldron wasn't going to change the plan or scale it down, but then he does say one thing and then does something else.

Sorry about this, but we have to be very careful about potential legal issues. Can we ask everyone to be a little more prudent when discussing people who are alive and could sue us?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 08:57:42 am by Ian »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #567 on: December 30, 2016, 07:04:51 pm »
There's many a true word spoken in jest.      ?{}?

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #568 on: December 31, 2016, 02:03:41 pm »
It's open season for speculative developments in Conwy County at the moment. Even if the Planning Committee throw out plans they deem unsuitable, the applicant can go to appeal to the Welsh Ministers. Every County in Wales is required to maintain a 5 year supply of readily available housing land and at the moment Conwy County only has 3.7 years which has opened up a loophole. By quoting this shortfall at appeal which is a material consideration developers are getting planning permission on sites that would not normally get permission. No site is safe in Conwy County and the Local Development plan which was adopted by the Council in October 2013 at a cost of over one million is now useless in protecting and controlling inappropriate development. It doesn't matter what type of dwelling it is or the price, if it helps Conwy County Borough Council meet it's 5 year required target it will be built. So Watch out Bodafon Fields they may be coming for you next.  &shake&

Offline Hugo

« Reply #569 on: December 31, 2016, 03:04:15 pm »
That's cheered me up no end Meleri      &shake&

It's open season on planning then, so there is no holding back development on the Pier Pavilion,  Penmorfa Hotel,  Castle Hotel,  Bodafon Fields,  Odstone   etc etc
We'll have to see what happens next in these applications.

On a more positive note Meleri, I'd like to wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year    $good$