Poll

What do you think should be the way forward for the Pier Pavilion site?

Modern design, as put forward by Mr Waldron, featuring restaurants, apartments etc
4 (6.1%)
Recreation of original Pier Pavilion design, but with leisure and entertainment facilities inside
50 (75.8%)
Larger version of original design, with leisure, entertainment and apartments included
8 (12.1%)
Leave site empty for another 20 years
4 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site  (Read 380308 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Llandudno's Biggest Eyesore....the Pier Pavilion site
« Reply #285 on: April 06, 2016, 09:36:16 am »
In that case then, I take back what I said that  "There is no such thing as a goodwill gesture with that company."

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #286 on: April 06, 2016, 09:55:49 am »
Talked to the Surveyor this morning and he said Mostyns were thinking of putting Flats on the sight. When I said that would be difficult as it had been included in the Hotel Habitation Zone in the last Local Development Plan, he said he thought that wouldn't be a problem, as there had never been a Hotel on the site, in his opinion they wouldn't be obliged to build one. I think he's wrong as surely the area would just have been classed for redevelopment if that were the case. Still a lot of water has got to pass under the bridge before anything positive happens.
Perhaps he was pulling your leg? The Pavilion site is classified for Tourism/Leisure use in the LDP and there's no compelling reason for that to change.

CR4 / MS11 - Pier Pavilion, Llandudno
The pier pavilion site on Llandudno promenade has been proposed for
tourism and/or leisure uses. Being on the promenade in a central location
and within the boundaries of the Llandudno Conservation Area, a
sensitive design approach would be required for any proposal. The
Council supports the use of this site for tourism/leisure uses and
discussions are ongoing with the owners with a view to developing in the
medium Plan phases.

Offline TELL

« Reply #287 on: April 06, 2016, 10:13:44 am »
We help with a local charity and get a lot of help from Mostyn Estates. I get a little tired of the regular sniping at them on the forum. They may not be perfect but there are a lot worse "landlords" that Llandudno could have. However, with our local councils we would be hard pushed to find worse.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #288 on: April 06, 2016, 07:34:06 pm »
A couple more pics taken on my iPhone today,
I'm just wondering... what degree of certainty do we have that Mostyn Estates have commissioned these surveys?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 08:19:07 am by Ian »
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #289 on: April 06, 2016, 07:37:48 pm »
Wrong way up, sorry

Not now.  Ian
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 08:19:32 am by Ian »
Fester...

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #290 on: April 06, 2016, 09:42:47 pm »
Which ever way up, it looks ghastly !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #291 on: April 07, 2016, 07:09:16 am »
Why where you lying on your side taking pictures anyway

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #292 on: April 07, 2016, 09:37:22 am »
Here's a bit of news for you all that everyone has missed...even our intrepid local journalists...

The Pier Pavilion was SOLD on the 24th September 2015 for £850,000 and the new owners are.....

MAURICE NIXON & DONNA NIXON

Who..I hear you ask?

Well, Maurice Nixon is a Market Operator, a very successful businessman, whos runs Portobello and Spitalfields Markets in London. His Companies are nearly all registered to an address in Worcester, 15 Castle Street. Sounds familiar? 15 Castle Street is where the previous owner of the Pavilion site, David Taylor, was based. Going back even further, the company that was planning to convert the Pavilion into an Indoor Market was called Launchsign Ltd, based in Worcester....

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #293 on: April 07, 2016, 12:02:29 pm »
So, of course the ownership has never actually changed then, and Mr Nixon has done a great job of concealing the ownership under layers of companies for many years, until..... he was ready to announce it and do something with it.
It's an 'inter-company ' transaction then. 

*&( *&( *&(
Fester...

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #294 on: April 07, 2016, 12:12:06 pm »
Sticking up for us "intrepid local journalists"  ;) - Not sure there's much to report seeing as it is an inter-company sale. When the balls starts rolling (if it ever does) we'll do our best to cover it.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #295 on: April 07, 2016, 12:20:34 pm »
Sticking up for us "intrepid local journalists"  ;) - Not sure there's much to report seeing as it is an inter-company sale. When the balls starts rolling (if it ever does) we'll do our best to cover it.

That Tom, I have to say, is a pretty weak offering. The ownership of the site, and the fact that there has been a recent change of ownership, however technical that change might be, is of great interest to those of us who consider this on-going eyesore a complete travesty for Llandudno that severely damages the town's image.

Congratulations to Dave R for an excellent piece of detective work that is of interest to us all.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #296 on: April 07, 2016, 12:23:02 pm »
That Tom, I have to say, is a pretty weak offering. The ownership of the site, and the fact that there has been a recent change of ownership, however technical that change might be, is of great interest to those of us who consider this on-going eyesore a complete travesty for Llandudno that severely damages the town's image.
Congratulations to Dave R for an excellent piece of detective work that is of interest to us all.

Well said Bosun on all counts, you just beat me to it....... $good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #297 on: April 07, 2016, 12:23:31 pm »
Dave R is the 'all seeing EYE!!'
Fester...

Offline Hugo

« Reply #298 on: April 07, 2016, 12:26:04 pm »
Yes that was a good find by Dave in the first place, but I hope that Dave has also advised the CCBC of the new ownership or otherwise the CCBC  might continue corresponding with the previous company for the next 10 years or so.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #299 on: April 07, 2016, 12:28:29 pm »

Ha ha Tom, if that were true they wouldn't have bothered reporting the Havana Papers, after all it's just a bit of 'inter company' accounts juggling.  :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...