Poll

What do you think should be the way forward for the Pier Pavilion site?

Modern design, as put forward by Mr Waldron, featuring restaurants, apartments etc
4 (6.1%)
Recreation of original Pier Pavilion design, but with leisure and entertainment facilities inside
50 (75.8%)
Larger version of original design, with leisure, entertainment and apartments included
8 (12.1%)
Leave site empty for another 20 years
4 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site  (Read 379724 times)

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site
« Reply #1170 on: September 17, 2020, 04:11:55 pm »
I
 But I guess an 'independent' and therefore I suppose 'correct' opinion is sometimes only ever correct when it suits someone's own predetermined idea of what's correct, otherwise it's wrong.

Greyhound take a look at the photograph in post « on: Yesterday at 15:02:38 » and explain please how a "suppose 'correct' opinion is sometimes only ever correct when it suits someone's own predetermined idea of what's correct," when the proof of what I've said is staring you in the face. Chambers were asked by CCBC to give their professional advice, they are not a local company, have no knowledge of the towns or its history and seem to have got most of their information from the developers drawings supplemented with incorrect assumptions of what they thought was there before. If "experts" are allowed to make incorrect statements and it goes unchallenged, you might as well ask the man in the moon what he thinks.

PS The consultants actually criticise some elements of the proposed changes, such as changes to the Happy Valley Rd elevation and the exterior finish to be used. Something else they got wrong by copying things from the Developer. The development site is on North Parade LL30 2LP
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Online SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1171 on: September 20, 2020, 10:16:08 am »
FB photo,

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1172 on: October 02, 2020, 11:32:38 pm »
Time to place a deposit if you’re interested:

https://www.pierpavilion.co.uk/

8)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1173 on: October 03, 2020, 08:53:07 am »
After you Dave! $donald$
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1174 on: October 03, 2020, 10:13:41 am »
Oh dear. Was Fester mistaken, then?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1175 on: October 03, 2020, 11:05:27 am »
It very much depends on the age of the website, Ian.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1176 on: October 03, 2020, 11:40:27 am »
Yep; I can't find anything in the source code or on the web later than 2018 about the development.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Blongb

« Reply #1177 on: October 03, 2020, 12:29:53 pm »
Yep; I can't find anything in the source code or on the web later than 2018 about the development.

Copyright © 2019 Quay Developments (2016) Ltd.

Offline Blongb

« Reply #1178 on: October 03, 2020, 12:45:16 pm »
Time to place a deposit if you’re interested:

https://www.pierpavilion.co.uk/

If it's a current advertisement it could be an attempt by Waldron & Co. to raise money to help offset the cost of building the Development, just like he did with Deganwy Quay and the Rabbit Hutches at Llansanffraid Glan Conwy. After all he does have a track record of building his projects with other peoples money, never on time and never on budget.

Offline Blongb

« Reply #1179 on: November 12, 2020, 10:44:39 pm »
I can start to breath again, the Section 73 application was withdrawn from the planning committee meeting scheduled for the 11th of November after the Council were made aware of the findings of Gregory Jones QC who had looked into the legality of the planning application on behalf of Adam Williams and found it was in breach. What a revelation his findings were and show that all the things I have said about Me Waldrons inability to actually provide what he was proposing were correct. Thank God Mr Williams had the money to be able to employ the services of a Queens Council to show up all the underhand and illegal practices that the planning department were ramming down our throats. I hope and pray this will be the end of the matter and Mr Waldron will learn you can't ride roughshod over the local community. His proposal was never about giving something back to the town, only how much profit can I squeeze out of this one, it didn't matter a jot that his blimp would have completely destroyed the Victorian character of North Parade and driven a coach and horses through the Conservation Area the rest of us are tasked with preserving.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1180 on: November 13, 2020, 10:40:19 am »
That's really good news to hear Blongb and well done for Adam Williams and his QC being able to expose this application for what it was.
The CCBC Planning is a farce and I've seen it first hand in a recent application but we have only to look at the damage that they have done to both beaches to see just how much thought goes into their decision making

There are so many questions to ask about this planning application and the role of the CCBC and also their interaction with Waldron.
I still can't understand why Waldron did not pay a fee in lieu of not building affordable homes on the site and when I asked for an explanation under the FOI Act I was told by the CCBC that the reason was " it's not viable"       What on earth does that mean?

CCBC were at fault from the start of the fire.   The owner was not insured enough to pay for the rebuilding and CCBC did not insist on him rebuilding.    Then when they realised that he would not rebuild the did not do a Compulsive Purchase on the land.   
It's a mess caused by their action and at the end of the day a no build must be better than a bad build

Offline Robbie G

« Reply #1181 on: November 13, 2020, 02:01:27 pm »
It is good news  if I was Adam Williams I would be considering some method of recouping my barristers fee`s from CCBC and Waldron who both must have been aware of the situation .
This decision now poses the question do all past major developments need to be examined to confirm that they are legal and are free from any irregularities ,and does it imply that our planning department are completely out of touch and will CCBC hold an urgent independent inquiry into this matter and any other planning  application past and current that appears to warrant scrutiny . or am I being a little bit optimistic

i

Offline Blongb

« Reply #1182 on: April 02, 2021, 11:54:44 pm »
Well yet another twist to the saga has occurred. Without any form of Planning Permission or Listed Building Consent, a local firm of contract builders has been given permission from CCBC, to carry out exploratory bore hole work for the foundations of the proposed development, on behalf of the developers. To gain access for their equipment into the site from North Parade, they removed  a double section of the listed cast iron fence (with an angle grinder). Before they started I did tell them it was Listed and it shouldn't be removed until Planning Permission was in place. All I got was a torrent of abuse from the man with he grinder.

Now that I'm older wiser and a lot less fiery than my younger days, I decided to inform the Planning Enforcement Officer of the current infringement and let him deal with it. I knew it was an infringement because Mr Williams of the Pier had had a run in with them last year and was told in no uncertain terms, that any damage to the fence would result in a prosecution. The Officer did come out and have a look at what damage had been done to the removed section of the fence but did not prevent the ongoing entrance work from continuing.

The Planning Enforcement Officer did call me later that afternoon to explain that it was only exploration work that was being carried out and that the railings would be reinstalled when the work was over, so in his opinion planning permission was not required for that. He did get rather upset with me when I asked him why he had duplicitous standards with regards to the removal of the fence without planning approval and why was it now permissible for the Contractors to destroy the fence with impunity. He demand to know how I had found out about the threatened enforcement action last year as he was the enforcement officer involved and there had been nothing in writing. He never imagined for a moment that neighbours do actually talk to one another.

Well just another nail in CCBC's coffin, I'm sure Mr Geffrey Jones QC will add it to his long list of illegal actions that will come out when the case is brought before High Court, then we will get some justice. 

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1183 on: April 03, 2021, 03:00:46 pm »
Well done Blongb for tackling the CCBC like you have done.    If the fence is listed, it still remains listed whatever type of work is undertaken on the other side and I would have thought that planning permission was therefore required.
CCBC seem to do as they please and I hope that you have taken a photo of the fence.   Does Mr Williams know about it?

I still can't fathom out why Waldron was not asked to pay a commuted sum in lieu of affordable property on that site and also the Glan Conwy site.   I did ask the CCBC under the FOI Act for the reason and their reply was " it's not viable"      Not viable for whom?

I'm surprised that the Planning Ombudsman isn't called out more often with some of the decisions that CCBC have made

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1184 on: April 03, 2021, 09:47:13 pm »
Tell me Ccbc are not corrupt, look at the things this shower have got away with over these last few years, the skip in colwyn bay coed pella the dodgy building in mochdre to name a few and us tax payers are paying for all this, too many getting away with dodgy deals.