Poll

What do you think should be the way forward for the Pier Pavilion site?

Modern design, as put forward by Mr Waldron, featuring restaurants, apartments etc
4 (6.1%)
Recreation of original Pier Pavilion design, but with leisure and entertainment facilities inside
50 (75.8%)
Larger version of original design, with leisure, entertainment and apartments included
8 (12.1%)
Leave site empty for another 20 years
4 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site  (Read 380234 times)

Offline mull

• Management board member
Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site
« Reply #1050 on: February 20, 2019, 10:04:01 pm »
Is this the same Quayside Development firm involved with the Quay hotel , Deganwy ?

If so maybe same outfit Inn at Grasmere also numerous other places in Grasmere. Taking over the town and not for the better.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1051 on: February 20, 2019, 10:40:22 pm »
I don't know if it's the same company but they are registered in Northern Ireland and the current 3 directors are from Northern Ireland too.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1052 on: February 21, 2019, 02:04:48 am »
Hugo, which Quay Developments are you looking at?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1053 on: February 21, 2019, 08:01:21 am »
I was looking at Quay Developments Ltd but looking at the companies list again it's Quay Developments Conwy Ltd that has the directors Waldron and Pritchard listed so I must have looked at the wrong company

It's confusing because Mr Waldron has been a director of so many companies.  Mr Alan Waldron holds 6 appointments at 6 active companies, has resigned from 9 companies and held 16 appointments at 16 dissolved companies. Their longest current appointment spans 28 years, 5 months and 20 days at PASSMONDS HOUSE LIMITED

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1054 on: February 21, 2019, 08:44:18 am »
After scrutinising the long list, I suspect the company involved with this development is Quay Developments (2016) Ltd.

Offline Dave

« Reply #1055 on: February 21, 2019, 06:09:39 pm »
t has been 25 years since a fire destroyed the Pier Pavilion Theatre leaving the site bare.

February 13 marked the anniversary of the fire at the Pier Pavilion Theatre and 25 years on the site still remains empty.

ADVERTISEMENT    ;)
Although there are proposed plans from developers, Quay Developments Ltd which would see eight ? high-quality apartments, two restaurants and an underground car park built on the site.

northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/17445880.25-years-since-a-fire-destroyed-the-pier-pavilion-theatre-and-the-llandudno-site-remains-vacant/

That was a mistake I take it Steve? Should have read 48 , not 8 apartments.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1056 on: February 21, 2019, 07:42:33 pm »
Wasn't the plan for 54 apartments, but that could increase if they converted at least one restaurant to apartments.      Don't be surprised if the plans are changed in the future as it's par for the course with these developers

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1057 on: February 22, 2019, 08:14:55 am »
A bit like the site of the Deganwy Castle Hotel?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1058 on: February 22, 2019, 02:50:41 pm »
still waiting for Travelodge to move in downstairs,there is no movement on the rent for the two empty units of which one has never been let in 5 years

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1059 on: February 22, 2019, 06:31:42 pm »
When a developer makes a planning application they must have given the application some serious and thorough consideration as there is a cost incurred in making such an application.
Why then after planning application is granted do they stall on the development and make applications to amend their original application?
Perhaps it would better if the original application was cancelled and then they have to make a new application that would include a new payment of costs for the second application
Perhaps I'm being cynical but I put the integrity and honesty of these developers on a par with Politicians and Bankers

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1060 on: February 22, 2019, 06:48:35 pm »
still waiting for Travelodge to move in downstairs,there is no movement on the rent for the two empty units of which one has never been let in 5 years

I doubt Travelodge has any interest in the retail units and they may be owned and let by another company. By avoiding ground floor property their rates bill should be considerably lower.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1061 on: February 23, 2019, 08:33:00 am »
Perhaps I'm being cynical but I put the integrity and honesty of these developers on a par with Politicians and Bankers

That's being a bit unkind to Bankers and Politicians...  ;D ;D ;D
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline CMG

« Reply #1062 on: March 21, 2019, 04:13:42 pm »
Waldron down in the ‘hole’with what looks like 3 ‘cowboys’!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1063 on: March 22, 2019, 11:51:18 am »

I doubt Travelodge has any interest in the retail units and they may be owned and let by another company. By avoiding ground floor property their rates bill should be considerably lower.
The rateable value of the Travelodge element is £127,000, so they must pay around £62,000 in business rates a year.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1064 on: April 08, 2019, 09:59:22 pm »
The state of play as at 6.30pm tonight.
A lot of clearance has gone on.
I’m not sure if it means that the commencement of construction is close.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -