The Local > Local News & Discussion

Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site

(1/255) > >>

wrex:
 :)The pier Pavilion has just had a mention on bbc wales news,saying CCBC are looking to speak to the owners and get the heritage statues dropped,do not expect to hear anymore this year. ???

DaveR:

--- Quote from: wrex on September 13, 2010, 07:42:00 am --- :)The pier Pavilion has just had a mention on bbc wales news,saying CCBC are looking to speak to the owners and get the heritage statues dropped,do not expect to hear anymore this year. ???

--- End quote ---

There's a nice video report here, including some footage of the 1994 fire:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-11277813

Quite what it has to do with Old Colwyn Councillor Brian Cossey is beyond me though? Although, as I know from previous experience, he is happy to meddle in other areas if he thinks there is political gain for himself.  ::)

Ian:
Indeed.

Fester:
With regard to the CCBC Planning Dept,  rather than get to grips with important issues for the good of this town, they seem more than happy to put a lot of emphasis into investigating the small area of decking in my garden.

In recent weeks I have had numerous visits from four CCBC employees, letters, photographs, meetings galore.
The only issue at stake was ''whether'' I even needed planning permission ....God knows what I would have been subjected to if my decking had actually contravened any bylaws!

I would love to think that when they tackle weighty issues such as the Pier Pavilion , Clarence or Tudno Castle, they will be as meticulous and rigorous as they have been with me !

In regard to the BBC article about the Pavilion today...I got really excited that I was about to view something progressive....but all I saw was a couple of local luminaries settling for nothing more than bulldozing the site and tidying it up.
What a disappointing load of Bull,  If that is the extent of the vision we can expect from our representatives, then its a sad depressing situation.
I'm gutted....and very pessimistic now.   A total waste of time...resource....and missed opportunity.

JasonW:

--- Quote from: DaveR on September 13, 2010, 10:03:53 am ---
--- Quote from: wrex on September 13, 2010, 07:42:00 am --- :)The pier Pavilion has just had a mention on bbc wales news,saying CCBC are looking to speak to the owners and get the heritage statues dropped,do not expect to hear anymore this year. ???

--- End quote ---

There's a nice video report here, including some footage of the 1994 fire:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-11277813

Quite what it has to do with Old Colwyn Councillor Brian Cossey is beyond me though? Although, as I know from previous experience, he is happy to meddle in other areas if he thinks there is political gain for himself.  ::)

--- End quote ---

I fear that expectation's may be being raised without substance.
The reality is that the subject was discussed at the Communities Scrutiny Committee (of which Cllr Cossey is the Chairman) at the request of Cllr Christine Jones. An update on all the failed attempts to move forward was presented and the issue discussed.
The sticking point remains to be the the fact it is in private owenership by a Mr Taylor from Worcestshire.
The committee resolved to invite Mr Taylor to a meeting to discuss his plans for the site.
The reloution of the meeting was:
a)         That the Pier Pavilion site be referred to the Strategic Site Development Group as a priority for review and for promotion as a re-development site in all the activities of the Group and constituent officers/departments.

(b)        That CADW be challenged on the reasons for retaining the Listed Building status on the site.

(c)        That the possibility of removing the covenants should be investigated.

(d)        That discussion be undertaken with the Economic and Regeneration Unit of the Welsh Assembly Government on the possibility of a Compulsory Purchase Order.

(e)        That a regular clean-up of the site should be undertaken, as and when necessary, together with the hoardings being replaced and the owner re-charged for any works undertaken.

(f)          That a letter be sent to the owner requesting a meeting with a small delegation of Members to discuss a way forward for the site.

See http://modgoveng.conwy.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=452&MId=2344&Ver=4
 for a copy of the report and minutes of the meeting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version