Author Topic: Rock, Heavy metal and the like  (Read 31055 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Rock, Heavy metal and the like
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 09:45:37 am »
A friend of mine said that around 100 Motorhead tickets have been returned to Venue Cymru from a ticket site, so there may be tickets available direct from the box office for a day or so if anyone wants one.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 10:04:45 am »
So!!..  Another 100 of you lucky people now have the chance to witness THIS ...  the clock is ticking !!!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 02:19:36 pm »
Just in case anyone didn't know ....

Only ONE more sleep before THEY are here !!

Fester...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 11:48:39 pm »
Tonight it was Status Quo at the Venue Cymru... (in the theatre, not the arena).

The last time I saw them was in 1982 in Chester, on a tour ironically called the 'End of the Road Tour' ... they were supposedly packing it in back then.  L0L

Anyhow, I'm glad they didn't because its still a great show.

Francis Rossi has lost none of his vocal power, stage presence or charisma.  The other original member Rick Parfitt does very little musically and his voice struggles to get anywhere near the level required.... so Rossi (plus the bass and keyboard player) carry him.
It was an excellent set all in all, the acoustics were top notch,  the light show was brilliant... and ALL the old hits and more were well delivered.
By the end, 95% of the audience (those who were'nt in wheelchairs) were up and rocking... to 'Rocking All Over the World''

As with Motorhead, I decided to wander round to the Stage Door hopefully to get a picture.    (I got invite inside by Motorhead security)
Very few people seem to do this in Llandudno, whereas you get a hundred or so at the stage door at most other concert venues.
Sadly I had missed the great Francis Rossi (already on the bus), but I got a good picture with the Bass player...
He then informed me that Rick Parfitt was still to emerge, (which disappointed me a little) ... but Rick got his own back on me.
Because, after waiting for 15 freezing minutes, he walked out, totally ignored me..and said he was ''too cold to wait'' the required 3 seconds for a pic.

My wife snapped at him... ''you're not the only one, Pal''   ....   what a tosser he is!   

Never mind, great gig though.

Fester...

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 08:41:43 am »
They were in Halifax the night before and my daughter was standing right in front of them. She had quite alot of interaction with Francis Rossi, but said she thought Rick Parfitt wasn't well.
Bradford for her later this month !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 12:01:36 pm »
To be fair I don't think Parfitt was 100% .... but he still didn't have to be quite that ignorant.... and why didn't they just avoid songs which he couldn't mange?   God knows they have a big enough catalogue.

Bradford?   Yeeuuch.   Worst place in the world.
Fester...

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 02:26:03 pm »
Agreed-- went to college there.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 05:51:03 pm »
Lived there for 45 years.... born and bred.
Watched it go down the toilet too.  :'( :weeping: :weeping:

Fester...

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 09:17:00 pm »
Believe it or not I used to walk down Lumb Lane from Manningham to save bus fares!
OMG You wouldn't do that now!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 10:30:58 pm »
Not unless you were looking to ''earn'' your bus fare!
Fester...

Offline Scott

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 04:06:26 pm »
To be fair I don't think Parfitt was 100% .... but he still didn't have to be quite that ignorant.... and why didn't they just avoid songs which he couldn't mange?   God knows they have a big enough catalogue.

Bradford?   Yeeuuch.   Worst place in the world.

That's a bit harsh some of us still work in Bradford and actually survive...sorry you feel that way and despite you having moved on to your wonderful life at the seaside, I'm sure something good must have come out of it for you in 45 years.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 05:19:50 pm »
Hey Scotty... YOU are not from Bradford!!!..... but did you enjoy your 4 hour walk home in the freezing blizzard?

I'm sure that something good must have come out of my 45 years in Bradford.....but other than the money I earned to facilitate my lifestyle in Llandudno, I am hard pressed to think of it!     (Other than my friendship with you obviously)
You know that I did have the privilege of travelling a lot in my career, and I really cannot think of anywhere worse than Braford... not in the UK at least.

Now... stop being jealous, I'm too busy enjoying my idylllic life by the seaside.
Fester...

Offline Scott

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 05:27:02 pm »
Hey Scotty... YOU are not from Bradford!!!..... but did you enjoy your 4 hour walk home in the freezing blizzard?

I'm sure that something good must have come out of my 45 years in Bradford.....but other than the money I earned to facilitate my lifestyle in Llandudno, I am hard pressed to think of it!     (Other than my friendship with you obviously)
You know that I did have the privilege of travelling a lot in my career, and I really cannot think of anywhere worse than Braford... not in the UK at least.

Now... stop being jealous, I'm too busy enjoying my idylllic life by the seaside.
I never said I'm from there,  I said I work there and yes it was good fun walking home in the snow yesterday, I didn't even go in today although as it happens I now wish i had done because my car is still there!!!
Oh & I'm not jealous I enjoy my gym, biking & FRIENDS too much to move away and leave it all behind.

Offline Scott

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2010, 06:25:20 pm »
Not unless you were looking to ''earn'' your bus fare!
I think you will find that Sunbridge & Thornton Roads are the hotspots now, I work quite near there  _))*

Offline Paddy