Author Topic: Rock, Heavy metal and the like  (Read 32081 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Rock, Heavy metal and the like
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2012, 11:24:17 pm »
We love Pink Floyd and having seen Brit Floyd twice now, they are so good that I was thinking I like Pink Floyd and I like Brit Floyd,  but which ones better? only one way to find out!........ ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2012, 11:31:56 pm »
......  FIGHT !!!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2012, 11:50:13 pm »
 :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2012, 01:39:43 am »
I'm not 100% sure that this is the right topic for this posting... but here goes.

Tonight, Mrs Fester and I wandered into the Cross Keys on Madoc St and a band had just started called Two Suns.
A five piece band from the Rhyl/Prestatyn area I think.

I took one look at them, and thought Oh no.   A female guitarist who looked for all the world like a history teacher or a librarian,
A female singer who just looked all wrong at first glance, and the other three members were geeky looking types on bass, keyboards and drums.   I thought, I'll have a swift pint and leave...

But, I will never, EVER judge a book by its cover again.
Basically, they are superb.
They delivered faultless versions of Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Whitesnake, Wishbone Ash, and Van Halen numbers.... interspersed with more commercial Toto, Kansas and Bon Jovi classics.

The ''History teacher'' on guitar (Helen is her name) is incredible, I have never seen the like.
She stands there and delivers guitar solos as perfect as I have ever hear any mega-star do, and looks like she should be giving a sermon in a local church.  But to be that fantastic on rock guitar, she must have the devil in her....  WWW
She even did an Eric Clapton number, called Over Love, an obscure one really, but she was better than the man himself. I kid you not.

I have played guitar for over 30 years, (admittedly to a poor standard despite being in a couple of bands) ... but this lady is amazing an you would never believe it to look at her.
After the gig, I chatted to Helen and it turns out she is a scientist in the field of polymers.  Quite apt somehow.

If 'Two Suns' are performing near you, (You can find them on Facebook apparently, whatever Facebook is) I urge you not to miss them...... I would travel a long way to see them again.   A great night.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -