Author Topic: Say Hello here if you're a new member  (Read 98284 times)

Offline Tanya

Re: Say Hello here if you're a new member...
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2012, 06:36:15 pm »
Hello I'm Tanya

I live miles away from llandudno and wished I lived nearer as I love grave digging at the Great Orme churchyard...What a lovely place to find ones dead and dusties...there's piles of them! The piles I'm particularly interested in are the Edwards clan, John Edwards (miner, then cab driver, who lived well into his nineties), Samuel (a bathing machine operator), Hugh Edwards, Robert Edwards, Grace Rawling and her clan, the Reeves family who ran the Cocoa House, The Timms family who ran various hotels, including the Wilton; Mary Williams (formally Shaw, formally Davies, formally Reeves), who ran the Cambridge restaurant and of course, one has to mention the smattering of Joneses, Robertses and Williamses families! There...I've totally bored everyone to an early grave!  :D

Offline Jason

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2012, 07:22:01 pm »
Hi Tanya,

I'm one of the Edwards clan that you speak of!  John Edwards was my great great great great grandfather, and the Sam Edwards you're talking about was my great great grandfather.  Dare I ask why you're interested in my family?  Are we long-lost relatives, perchance?!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2012, 07:35:15 pm »
Welcome to the Forum...HuhPuh, Tanya, and, of course...Jason.  :)

Offline Jason

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2012, 10:01:03 pm »
Cheers, Dave  :-*

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2012, 11:44:16 pm »
I'm a little worried about this grave digging.    :o

You are supposed to dig BEFORE the dead person goes in the hole..... NOT AFTER!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Sara

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 06:43:56 pm »
Hi I'm Sara, been a member since the old forum. I was born in St Davids Bangor and lived in Lloyd Street until I was 6 when we moved to London. Came back to Llandudno 12 years ago.
My great, great, great grandfather (on my mums side) was Richard Hughes a contractor who built the Marine Drive. My taid was police sergeant in Llandudno in the 50's then worked in LSP motors. My mum was Llandudno Rose Queen in 1950 and worked for the GPO as a telephonist. My dad was an electrician on the pier and in the Pier Pavilion in the 60's, he was also projectionist/manager of the Savoy Cinema until we moved down south in '67.

Offline emma p

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 01:26:23 pm »
Hi all, Im Emma.
I live in wolverhampton. Im married and have a 6yr old daughter. I work for wolverhampton city council as a nursery nurse and have done since the age of 18. I work in a primary school and have been there a good 20yrs or so !!!!
My grandad was born in Llandudno and we have spent many, many summers holidaying here as children and now with my husband and my own child. Summer wouldnt be summer without a Llandudno holiday.
I joined the forum in search of my great grandfather last year and thanks to some wonderful people i have now found my Llandudno family, along with cousins i never knew i had.
We recently held a 'Roberts' family reunion in Glanwydden where the Roberts' all hail from......and what alot there are !
Llandudno is and  always will be a very special place for me.......and one year, maybe just maybe, ill be living there myself. :D

Offline Tanya

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 03:34:50 pm »
Hi Tanya,

I'm one of the Edwards clan that you speak of!  John Edwards was my great great great great grandfather, and the Sam Edwards you're talking about was my great great grandfather.  Dare I ask why you're interested in my family?  Are we long-lost relatives, perchance?!

Hello again Jason

Yes, you may dare ask and yes, perchance we are long lost relatives!  ;D My Great great great grandmother Elizabeth, was your Sam's elder sister  :D. During my travels online, I bumped into Tony Roberts, who I became good friends with and who is (I hope it's still "is" actually...not sure if he is still around  :( - will have to find out  :-X) descended from Jane, Samuel's daughter....Do you know him? I have a feeling at the back of my mind that Tony mentioned a "Jason"  ;)....Anyway, Tony and Me have piles of stuff that we have dug up!  ;D I'll give you a summary by email, otherwise, I'll end up boring everyone here!

Offline Tanya

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 04:15:52 pm »

Hello Fester, thoroughly fantastic bloke   :D Very true, but how else can you get down to the coffin nameplates?   :o

Offline Tanya

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 04:17:04 pm »
Welcome to the Forum...HuhPuh, Tanya, and, of course...Jason.  :)

Thanks Dave  Z**

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012, 05:55:59 pm »
Hello Fester, thoroughly fantastic bloke
You've obviously not met him...  :laugh:  ???  :o

Offline Tanya

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 08:09:16 pm »
 _))*

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2012, 09:47:09 pm »

Hello Fester, thoroughly fantastic bloke   :D Very true, but how else can you get down to the coffin nameplates?   :o

I'm even MORE worried now!!!!  :o
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline jazzmonkey

Hi to everyone from a newbie.
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 05:59:01 pm »
Just found this forum and being interested in the local area, and a resident of Rhos seemed right to join. Looking forward to  posting on here.  :)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 06:02:41 pm »
Welcome to the Forum, Jazzmonkey!  $good$