Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 218298 times)

Offline squiggle

Re: Welcome!
« Reply #375 on: December 18, 2015, 03:06:16 am »
The only thing I remember about Mr Mason, headmaster of Bodafon was feeling aggrieved with him over a goal I thought our school had scored. I think it was initially awarded but after a debate between him and Mr Williams, my headmaster at Glanwydden, the ball's flight path was judged to be such that it would have gone over the crossbar - if we had such things...

Offline mrsides

« Reply #376 on: January 20, 2016, 12:34:01 pm »
Hello

Im new today, just thought it polite to say Hello

Mark

$walesflag$

Offline Chompy78

« Reply #377 on: January 20, 2016, 08:24:47 pm »
Hello everyone. I've just moved here with the Wife and Baby. The Mrs is originally from here, and her family have lived here for a few generations.

John

Offline Midmarion

« Reply #378 on: February 21, 2016, 01:25:19 am »
Hello. Been a member for quite a while but just been a guest for a long time. It's good to get up to the minute news of happenings in Llandudno and hope to be able to contribute from time to time.

Offline BertyBasset

« Reply #379 on: March 23, 2016, 12:02:40 am »
Hi. From Caernarfon, but love visiting Llandudno. Am particularly interested in the caves and mines of the two Ormes, industrial archaeology, landscape, geography and things in general!

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #380 on: March 23, 2016, 07:51:28 am »
Welcome to the forum Berty,   The Great Orme Exploration Society has a good website to look at and has some great photos of the mines on the Orme

Offline chrisart

« Reply #381 on: July 09, 2016, 02:14:28 am »
Thank you for adding me.  Im researching my grandma who is proving difficult to find so thank you for the ability to search through here too.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #382 on: July 09, 2016, 08:22:49 am »
Welcome aboard, Chris.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #383 on: July 09, 2016, 11:19:16 am »
Welcome to the forum Chris.    I hope that you can find some information about your Grandma and if you post something under Genealogy and Research then someone may be able to help you.
We have the Conwy Archives in Llandudno and there may be something there that can help you to find out more.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #384 on: July 09, 2016, 01:37:26 pm »
Welcome ChrisArt.
I think I saw her outside the Boulevard nightclub last night.
She'd been thrown out for fighting,  at least I think it was her?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Brightskyes

« Reply #385 on: August 18, 2016, 02:29:54 pm »
Hi, l am new on here, l have loved reading all the posts. I live in Birmingham, but love Llandudno and enjoy reading all about it. Hoping to live there one day.  Have a great day everyone.

Offline Brightskyes

« Reply #386 on: August 18, 2016, 02:44:59 pm »
Got say to just how friendly all the people are  (well,  99% are) l got talking to many people as l was in Llandudno to check out,  shops, transport links, etc.,  longterm rentals ,  etc., etc.,  and everyone made me feel welcome wherever l went. So nice.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #387 on: August 18, 2016, 02:56:26 pm »
Glad you like the place.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline barry b

« Reply #388 on: September 06, 2016, 09:13:01 am »
hi-im barry- my wife and myself and also the dog marley often visit the llandudno area from wrexham-it might be just a visit to the beach-a bit of walking or i might come down for a paddle with my kayak-best wishes to all :)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #389 on: September 06, 2016, 12:03:41 pm »
Hi, Barry. D'you come here often?