Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 218122 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Welcome!
« on: September 03, 2010, 02:11:35 pm »
Hello, and welcome to the Three Towns community.   We're an eclectic mix of folk in here, and you're very welcome to visit although, as with most forums, to get the best out of the place and to see everything there is to see you will need to register.  Registration is very simple, but  you won't be able to post or see some of the boards until your membership has been approved.

The community comprises a group of folk whose common association is the Llandudno, Colwyn Bay and Conwy areas.

The forums provide a meeting place for those who wish to debate, stay in contact, chat, keep the brain cells working and generally pass the time in what we like to think of as a convivial, interesting and supportive environment.  There's also an immense fund of help available, from a highly experienced and extremely well-read core user base, and you're welcome to make the most of the combined intellect and knowledge resource available.  Please take a moment to review our "Welcome" page and enjoy your stay.

One small point: if you have questions about the area, either past or present, please post them in the relevant topic, rather than in here, as this is really just a place for introducing yourself. 

Thanks, and enjoy your stay :-)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:56:27 pm by DaveR »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 04:11:54 pm »
Thanks Ian.
I cannot imagine the work that you and Dave put in.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 04:24:01 pm »
You're welcome, N :-))  Good to have you over here :-))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 05:52:32 pm »
In case anyone hasn't seen the various messages over on the Llandudno Local Forum and is wondering why they are now a member of the Three Towns Forum, I'll explain...

Both the Llandudno Local and Colwyn Bay Local Forums are being absorbed into a single Forum for the towns of Llandudno, Colwyn Bay & Conwy - the Three Towns Forum. As such, everyone with an active account on those forums is being migrated across to the new Forum - which basically entails you receiving an email which will have the same username as you used previously but a new password (because the forum software has changed).

If any members have problems logging in, please feel free to contact either myself or Ian via email at:

dave at threetownsforum dot co dot uk
ian at threetownsforum dot co dot uk

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 07:04:34 pm »
Looking forward to seeing lots of interesting content on the new forum, thanks to Dave & Ian for all your hard work and a fresh new look!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 04:06:44 pm »
Hope you like it!   :)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 01:49:25 am »
Fester here..

I just wanted to add my thanks too, to Ian and Dave for the massive and prompt undertaking, in terms of creating this alternative to my beloved Forum.

Its a thankless task, there's nothing in it financially for you and you didn't have to do it...but you did.

I'm not finding it so easy to navigate around this Forum, but I'm sure I'll get my eye in soon...

I hope all the other previous members clamber aboard this lifeboat..and loads of other new members too.

I'm a liitle upset that you won't allow SPAM though, you mention that its annoying or nasty.  Well I love it when its grilled and served with beans and a little brown sauce, so there.

Fest.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 08:08:25 am »
 :)

I'm not finding it so easy to navigate around this Forum,

The best way is to use the "Show unread posts since last visit" link a the top RH side of the page. Makes it a doddle to see what's happened since you last visited.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 10:52:10 am »
Hi, many thanks for getting this sorted 8) I'm still sorting lots out since our move to Penrhyn Bay 6 weeks ago, What a great place this is! Hi to Fester, who we've seen several times in his great shop on the Pier and Mike (of golf course fame ) who we met the other night in our local Co op.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 11:19:54 am »
A big thanks to Dave and Ian for their hard work,time and effort in setting up this new forum.   I wish the forum all the best for the future and thanks again to you both for the help and advice you have given in the past.   :)

Like Fester, I am having problems navigating around the forum but I am sure that the more I use it the easier it'll get. 

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 12:29:06 pm »
Thanks Hugo.  Your walking topic is http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=33.0 here, BTW
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 12:30:38 pm by Ian »

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 03:09:20 pm »
Well have eventually got on to the new forum, was having trouble with my password. My thanks to Dave and Ian for giving us a new forum all the best to you both.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 03:14:10 pm »
You're very welcome, B;  I was worried about Follow-on and Fun for All if you went missing  :-X
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 03:37:42 pm by Ian »

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 03:23:16 pm »
Cheeky  ;)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 04:01:39 pm »
Can't seem to post on the Classified ads? I get PMs instead. What am I doing ? :-\
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.