Author Topic: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations  (Read 201448 times)

Offline Trojan

Re: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2010, 06:47:04 pm »
I might be a lone voice here, but I don't really want to see xmas lights until December, usually by the end of November I'm sick of hearing about xmas, I love it all in December but these days it goes on so long the magics gone!

Bar Humbug L0L
No your not alone, Now don't get me wrong I love all the decs and holly but not in the first week of november. Its not xmas for weeks yet.

You could always pop in here for a pint Merddyn.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2010, 06:48:58 pm »
An exclusive preview of Ian's house:

_))*
[/quote]

L0L

Offline Trojan

« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2010, 06:55:38 pm »
I might be a lone voice here, but I don't really want to see xmas lights until December, usually by the end of November I'm sick of hearing about xmas, I love it all in December but these days it goes on so long the magics gone!

I've just finished putting up our 60th lighting set in the house.  Next week, I'll start on the outside sets.

Personally, I like xmas lighting from the moment the clocks go back. It's something which lifts the mood in the long, dark winter days.

Have you tried a SAD lamp Ian?  8)

Yorkie

« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2010, 07:04:15 pm »
The new thing for SAD seems to be a move towards the Blue Lamp.       ¢¢##

Offline Trojan

« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2010, 07:22:02 pm »
The new thing for SAD seems to be a move towards the Blue Lamp.       ¢¢##

I had to move to Southern California.  :-[

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2010, 02:53:10 pm »
I've decided to go for the more enviromentally friendly look this year  D)
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2010, 05:05:55 pm »
Have you tried a SAD lamp Ian?

Y'know, it's not that rare a condition, being mildly depressed by long, dark nights and short, gloomy days. We don't need to concede to the pseudo-psychotherapists employed by the DFM to realise that it's not such a bad thing to have something to lighten the winter months.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2010, 05:14:40 pm »
Have you tried a SAD lamp Ian?

Y'know, it's not that rare a condition, being mildly depressed by long, dark nights and short, gloomy days. We don't need to concede to the pseudo-psychotherapists employed by the DFM to realise that it's not such a bad thing to have something to lighten the winter months.
There's that house in Junction covered in xmas lights. hats off to the owner, his house looks fantastic. My lads always loved to go up there over the xmas period. It must really take some effort not to mention finance. I bet he's a really nice guy.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Trojan

« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2010, 05:25:25 pm »
The owners of the house on the right made me laugh, by keeping up with the Jones' in their own festive way.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 08:11:47 pm by Trojan »

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2010, 05:36:42 pm »
Trojan that's wicked  _))* _))* L0L

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2010, 05:47:07 pm »
I've just finished putting up our 60th lighting set in the house.  Next week, I'll start on the outside sets.

Safety first Ian  ;D

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2010, 07:23:15 am »
Safety first Ian

:)
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2010, 05:55:57 pm »
 :)   When you see Blackpools lights damaged by the wind and they claim to have had one million pounds worth of damage it puts the town councils one thousand pound  budget for supplying LLandudno with a wonderful xmas display into perspective.It has been said that the town council have no idea where their Alice in Wonderland  lights went too,well according to the news they were blown down again in Blackpool last night. On a serious note please take a look at how busy town is tomorrow and think WHY OH WHY does our town council put so little into the town over the xmas period.Any of you going to Chesire Oaks,Chester,Liverpool,Wrexham,Manchester  or Trafford center have a look around and see what the opposition have,lights ,trees you will notice they are all up and because people are xmas shopping.It may be a bit silly to compare with big cities but why do we have to be  IN THE DARK AGES. :-[

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2010, 07:58:45 pm »
What could have been.....

Alice in Wonderland by Gemini Ali, on Flickr

Mad Hatters Tea Party 01 by Gemini Ali, on Flickr

Alice in Wonderland by Gemini Ali, on Flickr

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2010, 05:35:54 pm »
  8)   I was in Chester today,lights are all up ,large xmas tree outside their town hall and a large wheel and icerink,now that is what you do when you are in competition with all other towns. :rage: