Author Topic: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations  (Read 206339 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations
« Reply #315 on: November 06, 2011, 05:34:49 pm »
Forty seven days to xmas,so the town council should be running around now like headless chickens making sure LLandudno;s main st isgoing to be the best in these hard times for the high st, i for one can;t wait to see what help they are going to give the town;s retailers in their battle to stay alive. WWW

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #316 on: November 07, 2011, 06:12:44 pm »
On myway home tonight driving through town i thought how dull the place looks, even the Victoria center was just a blob of white ,then going down the Broadway ,whopeeeeeeeee there in front of me was the Cafe on the coach park all lite up, congratulations to the project manager ,please get onto the town council and show them how it CAN be done.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #317 on: November 09, 2011, 09:10:21 pm »
Xmas trees have been put up, shall i get excited or wot.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #318 on: November 14, 2011, 09:18:01 pm »
Have you noticed the council have started putting the lights up early this year, i wonder if they plan to have them on for the Celtic CHRISTMAS Fayre. NO new ones in Madoc st yet. ZXZ

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #319 on: November 14, 2011, 09:21:44 pm »
Xmas trees have been put up, shall i get excited or wot.

Go one Wrex, pretend something is happening and lets see you when you're really excited!    $bounce$
 :__)+ +}}{--
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #320 on: November 19, 2011, 09:01:04 am »
 $angry$ Thank god Oscar has highlighted Mostyn st and the how black it is. :rage:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #321 on: November 20, 2011, 10:02:08 am »
When I went for my Sunday Paper to Penrhryn Bay at about 9.00 a.m. some Council men were installing a Xmas tree and lights on the Roundabout.  There were 3 men, one lorry and two cherry pickers so how much the whole thing is costing is anybody's guess with Sunday working at double time.

The tree itself look a rather poor specimen, very thin on top and will I suspect shed all its needles in the first strong wind.  The lights looked as though they were going to finish up as a dangling mess!   However, I shall reserve final judgement until the whole thing has been assembled and in working order.    >>>
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #322 on: November 20, 2011, 05:54:51 pm »
We need some Americans on the town council, they know how to celebrate and light up for xmas L0L

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #323 on: November 20, 2011, 06:37:59 pm »
No comment!
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #324 on: November 20, 2011, 06:56:04 pm »
OMG Yorkie im trying always to get the councillors who read this forum motivated into action for xmas and you put santa peeing in the wind,if the old coggers see that i have no chance(never did anyway. All this negativity stems from the cock up they made with the Alice lights and nobody knows where they are. :rage:

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #325 on: November 20, 2011, 09:52:02 pm »
The Alice Lights were sent back-- John Boyle knows the details.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #326 on: November 21, 2011, 07:37:50 am »
So do I and it would not make pleasant reading for the local taxpayers.   JB was Chair of the Decorative Lighting Committee and I believe he still is. even after that fiasco!.    :rage:
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #327 on: November 23, 2011, 08:37:26 am »
 :o Ok this is my last post on the subject,yes i have been obsessed with trying with LITTLE response on here as well as from the TC ,now i have been looking forward to seeing what they are putting on the lamposts in Lloyd st and Madoc st ,oh dear they are the smallest things you could get ( only done lloyd st up to now so if they are different in Madoc st i apologies now), having seen what they have put on the lamposts in Conwy and Rhos-on-Sea, Llandudno town council are taking the p---.Sorry but it a case of there you have six new lights now get off our case,ITS PATHETIC but i tried now its up to someone else if theres any interest. :-*

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #328 on: November 23, 2011, 08:53:33 am »
I am trying to give you support but one can only put down the lack of support to the general apathetic attitude normally displayed by all but a few of the people of the UK.

Don't give up - next year is just around the corner and I did hear that the Town Council have ambitions to get one or two of the Olymic swimming events to be held in the town.     Sorry, hang on a minute, just heard that the pool will be closed to International Swimming teams in favour of the Llandudno Over 45's "Lets all jump in togather and make a big splash" Club.   It seems that everything the Council try to do is thwarted by some outside influence, or their own ineptitude.

Wrex for President!  Rah, Rah, Rah!!! :D
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #329 on: November 23, 2011, 07:08:58 pm »
Here in Berlin the lights are little short of stunning, and a great deal better that London's rather weak display. It's actually astonishing what can be achieved with simple white lights.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.