Author Topic: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations  (Read 201726 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno Christmas Illuminations
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2010, 03:04:31 pm »
 :rage: There is plenty they could do and not all of it would cost a fortune,yes it will cost to put more strings across the road down to bogisland,but this shower have'nt even got a PLAN,why just one of them can't show the slightest interest is beyond me. :weeping:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 04:21:12 pm by Ian »

Yorkie

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2010, 03:39:03 pm »
No good moaning about it on all the local Forums and Blogs - get out and LOBBY your Councillors!   ;D

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2010, 04:27:27 pm »
 ;DYorkie,i have bought this subject up in the council chamber andthey don't give a stuff,they just shrugg their shoulders,but remember a lot of councillors look at this forum,they do nothing about what they read but at least they know we are p......d off.Like a lot of people i will not give up wether they listen or NOT. :P

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2010, 09:35:22 pm »
No good moaning about it on all the local Forums and Blogs - get out and LOBBY your Councillors!   ;D

Yorkie, may I ask ..how DO you actually go about lobbying a councillor? (or a raft of councillors)

Is there a formal process to go through?
Is heckling them during council chambers in order?
Would bombarding them with letters or petitions get their attention?
What about taking to the streets with lighted torches?

Its a serious question this, because I genuinely do not know how to make politicians do anything that I would have them do.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 12:30:54 am by Fester »
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2010, 12:26:12 am »
 ))*  How too lobby your councillors,get Judith Phillips too put the xmas lights on the front page of the north Wales weekley news and all of a sudden thirty councillors want too talk about it,easy.  D)

Yorkie

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2010, 04:15:42 pm »
No good moaning about it on all the local Forums and Blogs - get out and LOBBY your Councillors!   ;D

Yorkie, may I ask ..how DO you actually go about lobbying a councillor? (or a raft of councillors)

Its a serious question this, because I genuinely do not know how to make politicians do anything that I would have them do.

First get along to the Council Meetings and see who is who.  Introduce yourself to them and tell them your thoughts on whatever subject you wish.    Write to them, e-mail them, phone them and get anyone else who supports your ideas, thoughts or whatever to do the same.

If you wish to take to the streets with banners etc, do so but make sure you get it organised properly.

Lobbying is a profession for those who are good at it.
 ££$  ££$  ££$

p.s.  I was a Councillor in my earlier life and have discussed Town Lighting, in fact during the fiasco with the Alice Themed lighting.  _))*
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 04:22:07 pm by Yorkie »

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 09:17:49 pm »
 :'(   :weeping:   :rage:   ZXZ

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2010, 08:14:25 pm »
 ¢¢##  Any sign of this years xmas illuminations going up yet :twoface:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 08:23:33 pm »
I think they're already up, Wrex! No expense has been spared (or should that be spent?) to give Wales' largest seaside resort a third rate Christmas lights display.... 

>?>??

Offline Trojan

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2010, 09:00:03 pm »
  VV <:<:<:< VV

Yorkie

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2010, 08:46:19 am »
Let me be the first to wish everyone

A HAPPY CHRISTMAS

« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 08:54:25 am by Yorkie »

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2010, 06:32:11 pm »
 ¢¢##  Now we know i like to winge,especially about the xmas lights and there is no chance of any involvement from the council because this town just accepts sub standard crap from the town council and CCBC.   :rage:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2010, 06:40:29 pm »
Be fair, Wrex, you know that the Town Council has more important issues to sort out, like looking at a report on whether to purchase a teapot or not and, most importantly of all, deciding how long their tea breaks are to be for:

« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 06:42:36 pm by DaveR »

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2010, 07:40:31 pm »
I'm about to get slated,
The locals in Penmaenmawr got fed up with CCBC fobbing them off over the xmas lights and so they set up a fund, not just for the shopkeepers but everyone who lives there, they hold fares and open days and organise all manner of events they even opened the "Light up Pen" cafe in the main street. They now 10 years later have an impressive array of xmas lights. As far as I'm aware the fund also pays for the extra electricity used by the illuminations.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2010, 09:27:10 pm »
Why slated?   Thats just a great example of people taking the issue into thier own hands, and taking it seriously.

I'm not sure if there is a Llandudno Chamber of Commerce, or similar association, but that could be the commitee appropriate to taking this idea forward?

Or, perhaps the next benevolent scheme emanating from the local Freemason lodges could feature the town's Xmas lights?
I'm not being flippant here,  its just that I often hear about the large amount of charitable work undertaken by the Lodges,  so perhaps something visible and tangible in the town, like this, could be in order?

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -